Elven Industrial/Modern Ranged unit pack

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Ever get tired of your elves lagging behind technologically? Tired of the Orcs getting all the Heavy Machineguns and other cool toys? Ever want to add the Elves to the Epic Game, but found their modern unit lineup lacking?

If you answered yes to at least one of these questions, then this unit pack is for YOU!

This file contains fixed versions of the fortify animations for the first 5 units listed here (Musketeer, Sharpshooter, Infantry, Sniper v. 1 and Sniper v. 2). In the original versions, a buggy preset animation file caused the ears of the base figure to be reset back to human... Not excessivly noticeable at civ-scale, but I refuse to post flawed units and call them complete.

Elvaan Musketeer (Musketman replacement):

Elvaan Musketeer Download

Elvaan Sharpshooter (Rifleman replacement):

Download the Elvaan Sharpshooter here

Elvaan Infantry:

Download the Elvaan Infantry

Elvaan Sniper Preview:

Download the Elvaan Sniper

Elvaan Sniper Version II:

Download Version 2 of the Elvaan Sniper

Elvaan Marine:

Elvaan Marine Download

Look Closer, Iron Beagle, especially in the N and S directions, and ask yourself when the last time it was that you saw a regular woman with such large, pointy ears.....

I'm currently working on the Elvaan Sharpshooter (rifleman replacement), however I ran into a bit of a delay when I found out I had the wrong texture on part of one figure in the set only after rendering 3 WHOLE animations, and wasting about 6 hours... I corrected the texture problem, but now I have to completely re-render the fidget, run and fortify animations.... That is one thing I HATE about unit making in Poser... Animation work only takes about half an hour (or in cases like this where I have a custom animation pose library for long gun units built up, about 2 minutes), but it can take upwards of 2 hours to render the damn thing. I wish I could speed up my rendering time, because then I could release more than 1 (or 2 if I don't screw anything up) units per week, but until I get some kind of ultra-fast video card and about 1 gig of RAM, that aint happening.

That's a pretty good looking unit Hikaro, and I love the idea of elves with guns.:ar15: I look forward to further elvish black powder creations. How about an elven tank? ;)

Well, Muffins or Smoking Mirror or The Great Apple (I can't remember which one) made an Eldar (WH 40K Elves) Hover Tank or two... I think it was Muffins.

I'll also see about making an elvaan musketeer and infantry as well, but they're for after the sharpshooter is done... Basically, I'm using Kinboat's Robin hood as the ancient age Elvaan defender (in the FF mod, all the ranged units are defensive, since they are better suited to the defensive tactic of letting the enemy get shot to heck and back while charging towards them), and Embryodead's Wood Elf archer is the Elvaan Ranger in the middle ages, leaving the industrial age and modern age more or less open (I've been using placeholders for now).

That is where the current unit pack comes in. The Sniper (modern infantry) is the Modern defender for the two Elvaan (Elven) factions in the mod, and the Sharpshooter (Rifleman) will be the industrial age defender.... The other two are if anyone wants to add Elves to their epic game for some reason...

I will need this in my mod...
Now to find some more orcs, rangers, and World of Warcraft-ish units...

Glad you like it, Snakelover.... What eras is your mod covering?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently working on a 19th century style Female Elvaan rifleman replacement. She's wearing baggy gold knee breeches with a blue civ colored Jacket with gold lining and a civ-colored beret-like bonnet with a gold bow.... If the gold was changed to red on her clothing and her bonnet was replaced with a red Fez, she'd have the exact same uniform that the French Zuove units wore.

I'll also be making a Musketman replacement (with buckled shoed, white tights, pleated skirt, cuirass, puffy sleeved shirt and either a Tricorn hat, Shako or Helm), and an Infantry replacement as well....

Ancient, Mideval, Industrial, Modern, a little future.:crazyeye:
It seems like the Elves will finally be covered...
You can see more stuff about my mod by clicking on it in my signature.

Sharpshooter (Rifleman replacement) is done, next up is the Musketeer....

Ok, I got the Musketeer done, Infantry is next, followed by the marine...

@Gold and Odin: Glad you guys like them... I figured that they might be useful to more mods than just the FF (actually, the musketeer and infantry won't even be used in the FF mod due to its streamlined unit tree).

Hmm... can like, you me a small favor? For the next units of these you make, could you not use those little black shoes? The sniper's shoes are fine, I just can't imagine having my infantry running around in those other shoes, :crazyeye:.

That would be the Marine, Theta, which will be coming within the next two weeks or so....

Top Bottom