Tupac06 - AWE Continents

tupaclives

Tupac Lives on!!
With states for rowing this weekend (the final regatta of the year) and footy, soccer, cricket all having wrapped up already and the holidays in just four days I'm finding myself with plenty of free time so I feel comfortable starting up a second SG, getting people to play in it will be the hard bit :lol:

Looking to get some more AW experience having only ever played 1 game of it (Tupac02 - Gandhi the Conqueror = an enormously fun game)

Civ: I haven't played as Rome for a good while, but I'm open for discussion
Size: Standard
Landform: Continents obviously
Temperature and Rainfall: open for discussion, maybe go random?
Barbs: Random
Opponents: All Random
Difficulty: Emperor but if the players who sign up want to go for deity then I'm willing
Victory Conditions: All VC enabled

If I can get five people then that would be great, four is the minimum, 3 people is really too few in my mind.
The game will be played on Vanilla 1.29f

THIS IS NOT PTW OR C3C! PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS BEFORE SIGNING UP! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WORKING COPY OF VANILLA!

If anyone wants to raise any points or ask any questions feel free.
Game Rules
As modified from LK Rules

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

No 'Free Wealth' - Setting a city to wealth at the end of its project and then cycling through the cities at the start of the next turn and changing its project so that you still get the gold (commerce being calculated before anything else in the turn) but also get production

RoP Abuse Tactics - Denying resources, blocking key tiles, RoP rape, or other ways to screw-up a civ via the RoP. A scout in AI territory has an explicit RoP and is subject to this rule.

Peace Treaty abuse - If you get concessions from the AI you must wait for the 20 turns to end before declaring another war.

Resource abuse - You can't disconnect / reconnect a resource every turn for the sake of building cheap units to upgrade with excess cash.

Ship chaining exploit - you can move a ship, unload troops to another ship in the same square not using any movement, move that ship, etc. This allows you to ship an indefinite distance, and that is why I consider it an exploit.

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

Worker baiting - You can't spread around and sacrifice workers to an oncoming attack. This is often done to avoid losing real units or cities. This takes advantage of the AI failure to prioritize targets.

Worker blockades - You can't fortify a bunch of workers along the coast to prevent invasions, or shut down the borders with workers. The workers must be actively doing something.

House rules:
1) Worker automation of any kind is prohibited.

2) Our reputation is golden - please respect it.

3)You ARE allowed to initially keep a city, move a settler to the same spot as the city, and then abandon and immediately resettle.

4)In addition if you need to build a city one square deeper into enemy territory just to move borders to steal a resource, go for it.

5)We may keep or raze cities, and can keep slaves and you may whip at will, including captured cities or cities where all citizens are unhappy

6) Even if not covered under exploits listed, please try not to use tactics that take advantage of holes in the game design unless previously discussed and approved by the team.

7) It is an expectation of all players on the team to log every turn played (even if it merely requires you to post 'zzz')

8) It is an expectation that you will always leave the next player an interturn, so make sure all saves are handed over at the end of your last turn and not the beggining of the next player's first turn.

9) Please complete your turnset. It is very annoying for the next player to receive a half-finished turnset.

SG Rules

24 hour got it
72 hour playing time
The first player will play 40 turns, the rest of the team will play 20 turns in the first round. Once everyone has played 1 turnset all players will play 10 turn turnsets.
Playing order will be established after check in

You tell me where I can get a mac version of it in Australia and I will.
Given that the entire of Civ III has been discontinued (or so I am told by every computer shop I've been to in queensland) that could be difficult, and I flatly refuse to use a bootlegged copy.

Any expressions of interest?

yeah Ill play.
Not bothered about civ, if Romes up then go for it.

Level: Id prefer Emperor or demigod but i wouldnt mind giving deity a shot. Have to try it some time.

Oh yeah its vanilla. No demigod. Havent played vanilla for a while........

Does your copy of vanilla definately work? If so then excellent and welcome aboard.

Good to hear JJJ, just chasing one more player minimum, although ideally two, and we'll be set to go.

Ok apologies all, my internet has been buggy but its back now.

If Madviking can play then I'm happy to start the game now. I will actually be leaving the country in 2 weeks so I wouldn't be able to play then obviously until after new years. So I'd ideally like to start the game as soon as possible.

As soon as 4 people have checked in we can start. When you check in give your civ preference from this list

Rome
Russia
Egypt
Japan

I havent played as any of those 4 for a Looooong time so I'd ideally like to play one of them.

Checking in, voting for Rome

tupaclives - Checked in (Rome)
Alllanc - ???
JJJ - Checked in (vote ??)
merlin - Checked in (vote ??)
madviking - ???

Well thats 3 votes for Rome so I guess thats decided, as soon as merlin checks in I'll roll up a start.

Just check now though, @madviking, are you sure that you have a working copy of VANILLA? Just checking because every SG I've started has had at LEAST 1 person sign up only to realise that they didn't actually have vanilla.
Vanilla and PtW are not the same thing.

As all the SGs I participated in have ended more or less I have time for another. I would like to join if there is a spot left.

Ok looks like Rome it is. I'll roll up the start shortly.

markh, markh, markh... this is becoming something of a theme, there is ALWAYS a place for you on one of my teams :D
Welcome aboard!

That gives us enough to play with roster.

Roster is thus. (drawn as always from a hat, first time I've got to go first for a few games now)

tupaclives
merlin
JJJSpider
Markh
Madviking (if can play)
Allanc (if still interested)

Top Bottom