[XML] BLITZ - New GameSpeed

NeverMind

Proud to be Russian
BLITZ

+ CIV 1.61-1.74
+ Warlords 2.00-2.13
+ BtS 3.13

Very simple mod, to be honest. It's for those, who like really quick game. The mod replaces Quick gamespeed with Blitz. And now you have only 200 turns before retirement! :D Аnd 5 more turns for BtS!

BtS Gamespeed reference

Downloads: Vanilla & Warlords || BtS

Installation
- Unpack to [CIV path]_or_Addon\Mods
- GAME Menu: Advanced--Load a Mod--Blitz

Yes, certainly! I added CIV4GameSpeed.xml reference and my changes to the first post.

Yeah, you are right.

Not enough turns to circumnavigate the Globe! :D

cross this with your gigantic world its a killer

ps ive given up on the world map
sorry

I'm tempted to try blitz/gigantic to get a feel for human history if we started out on a world that size. I've found speeds really just change the world's effective size. Ultra-Ultra-Marathon/ Mini-Duel= realistic.

We are going to add BLITZ as a 5th speed in ViSa, nice work here :)

It would be nice! :)

But I'm not sure, if it's possible. "Game Snapshot" screen seems to have limit of 13 "visible" entries for Difficulty Levels and Gamespeed. Extra entry causes 'the lowest' speed off the screen. And this screen controlled by .exe, not SDK.

So I had to replace Quick with Blitz, instead of adding it as the 5th speed.

NeverMind said:
It would be nice! :)

But I'm not sure, if it's possible. "Game Snapshot" screen seems to have limit of 13 "visible" entries for Difficulty Levels and Gamespeed. Extra entry causes 'the lowest' speed off the screen. And this screen controlled by .exe, not SDK.

So I had to replace Quick with Blitz, instead of adding it as the 5th speed.

I had no problem adding a 5th speed with just XML merge :)

You will see it in Friday's patch for ViSa v2.10

Ok, the only way to access any new (5th) gamespeed is Custom Game Menu. Standard "Game Snapshot" screen doesn't make it possible.

Correct me, if I'm wrong. :old:

PS. Caesium, congrats on releasing Warlords version of your mod! :goodjob:

NeverMind said:
Ok, the only way to access any new (5th) gamespeed is Custom Game Menu. Standard "Game Snapshot" screen doesn't make it possible.

Correct me, if I'm wrong. :old:

PS. Caesium, congrats on releasing Warlords version of your mod! :goodjob:

I only play via Custom Game....do people use the 'standard game' option anymore...especially with custom changes to the game ;)

heres an idea why not make a game speed with 6050 turns with research times changed and the units the same as marrathon (realistic)

How does game speed effect wars?

Since you have to walk to the city you want to attack, it seems quick games create 500 year wars. Shouldn't unit movement be altered in a game speed change?

Regordete no.
Slower game speeds automatically have more units moving around more.
Its basically just adds more detail as one "quick speed" unit represents multiple "slower speed" units.
Wars dont end sooner because defensive units also are more detailed, imagine "half a (quick) archer" everywhere that is represented as one archer in a slower speed.
Its also an inflation of units because they all compete against each other.
It also means more (detailed) barbarians, sometimes a relatively small group, sometimes a larger group.
You spend more time with some units walking back and forth between your borders.

How does game speed effect wars?

Since you have to walk to the city you want to attack, it seems quick games create 500 year wars. Shouldn't unit movement be altered in a game speed change?

I was thinking along the same lines...

I was initially thinking to increase the unit movement speed by a third, because you are speeding up everything else by a third...But that wouldn't make sense, as you are either in a tile, or your not! Therefore, can you tweak your mod to double all unit (any human, animal, machine,etc) movements? Perhaps call it "Blitz+"?

I don't know how to: a) Find/tweak all the units in the game, and b)Add a mod to a mod...If I did, I would do what I just asked myself.

Thank you for any help!

Have a good day over there.:)

John

Top Bottom