Olai Robot

Quinzy

Deity
The Olai are a Technological civ in my mod. This is a robot trooper of the Olai.
Made in Bryce, and a special thanks to Hikaro for helping to make this unit a reality, and a special thanks to Aaglo and Stormrage for critique in earlier stages of its development.

Edit: Post-Hacker Files
The Files!

if there's anything wrong with it, dont hesitate to tell me!
there's no civ colour by the way. i hope that doesn't reduce its usage!

Preview:

:lol:
next will hopefully be some poser units. the Kannar Ka Machinepistolier (aka the dude with the horns in the Xfire thread) first i suppose.

Robot Army! :yeah:

Great job! Reminds me of the Voodo Doll unit. :D

Obviously this little robot doesn't have the 3 Laws...:D

I agree, the death is a little rapid, but the walk is great, attack is fine, and default is interesting.

Good job on making a "humaniod" in Bryce. I don't think the death is too fast. Given that he is not supported by anything, it is just gravity pulling him to the ground. The only part which might be fast is the initial part before he begins falling.
Interesting run.

Nice job. Design and animations look fine.:goodjob:

Yay, the technos are in the house. :thumbsup:

Looks very nice. :clap:

(i like units w/o civ colours :))

If it was a little Gold it could look like the robot in Metropolis! :D

Good job! :goodjob:

Metropolis was a great film. i should steal it from my cousins again..

Thanks all! i wanted the death to be quick, cos these are the basic gun units for the Olai, so wil be common place. I could make the Attack gunflash bigger using my basic c&p gunflash method if people want. The default was made that way so people can use this as either a guy in a robot suit (although he may be a bit skinny), a robot processing fuel constantly, or anythnig like that. also, i didn't want a plain static-ish default. I may do some necrons, Storm, if it need be. i wont be too hard using this as a sorta base. just hunch him, change the weapon, attack and fortify anims (not too hard) and add some more necrony details. from there the immortals/pariah's could be made! I'll do hikaro's Esthar soldier using this too, in thanks of helping me. and thanks all for the compliments!

Orthanc said:
Obviously this little robot doesn't have the 3 Laws...:D

The 3... guidelines!

Nice unit :goodjob:

Quinzy said:
Metropolis was a great film. i should steal it from my cousins again..

Thanks all! i wanted the death to be quick, cos these are the basic gun units for the Olai, so wil be common place. I could make the Attack gunflash bigger using my basic c&p gunflash method if people want. The default was made that way so people can use this as either a guy in a robot suit (although he may be a bit skinny), a robot processing fuel constantly, or anythnig like that. also, i didn't want a plain static-ish default. I may do some necrons, Storm, if it need be. i wont be too hard using this as a sorta base. just hunch him, change the weapon, attack and fortify anims (not too hard) and add some more necrony details. from there the immortals/pariah's could be made! I'll do hikaro's Esthar soldier using this too, in thanks of helping me. and thanks all for the compliments!

Thank god you`re years from college or a job, and a smart guy so all that homework nonsense doesn`t get in the way of your modding :goodjob:

Necrons would be much appreciated! We needz to diskass dem in da treadd, dem Nekruns have only a few meanieatures!, boring fer Civ. Dey needz more.

just have them uber powerful to make up for that. and college is only 2 years away for me.. off to Carlow i shal go, to do my Games Design Course! huzzah! programming and applied physics!

Wait.. wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. They have a Games Design Course? A GAMES DESIGN COURSE? My country is so backwards.. :cry: (I probably wouldn`t be able to get in, but still - :cry:)

Or we could do what WH does with the Stormvermin - an offensive and a defensive version of the same miniature, made by LMR! and aaglo ;)

Top Bottom