New & Improved Blitzball Court

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
I Don't know how many of you can remember, but when I first came here to these forums over two years ago, the first actual building I made in Bryce was a Blitzball court, sort of like is in Final Fantasy X.... I'll be the first to admit that my first creation needed much improvement, and now, I was able to create a vastly improved version that LOOKS more like one of the blitzball courts in the game in about the same amount of time it took me to make the original.

SO, without futher ado, I present the completly new version of the Blitzball court (click on the preview to download):

:clap: It looks perfect. Reminds me exactly of the Blitzball Stadium in the game. :goodjob:

Thanks guys!

@Bjorn: Yeah, basically Blitzball was a game that was played in a sphere of water, which was held in place by force fields, and was sort of like a cross between football and soccer..... Also, there was that theater in Star Wars, Episode III that had the acrobats in a giant sphere of water, which I suspect that the movie producers copied off the game.

I also thought it would make a nice future-era Arena or colliseum (complete with USW scenarios, sort of like how the Romans would flood the Colliseum and have naval engagements).

In the FF mod, I have it set as a coastal installation that requires rubber (for the balls, sort of like the NA and AoD conquests do with the ball courts), and they make two people happy, produce 3 culture per turn, and also increase revenue (ticket sales), but are expensive (160 shields) to build (unless you happen to be commercial or industrious, then they are half-cost), and cost two gil per turn to upkeep.... I replaced the tech "Free Artistry" with Blitzball, which makes perfect sense, since I also replaced Shakespeare's Theater with the Zanarkand Dome (Really big blitzball court where the world championship games were held in FF X until Zanarkand got destroyed), which has the same number of happy faces, but instead of allowing city size 3 (which I've completely disabled in the game to get rid of rampant population pollution... I've found a sutiable work-around, which also IMO, improves gameplay, and that can be found in the FF mod thread), it also provides a +50% revenue boost.

Hikaro Takayama said:
Also, there was that theater in Star Wars, Episode III that had the acrobats in a giant sphere of water, which I suspect that the movie producers copied off the game.

When my brother and I saw the movie we thought the same thing, as the look and atmosphere just seemed so similar. I believe that there were some other things in the new movies that seemed influenced by Final Fantasy as well, though at the moment I can't recall them.

Anyways, as I said before, the stadium looks great.:goodjob:

Top Bottom