Role Play DG

Mayor of H-Marker Lake
Welcome to the Single Team Demogame(DG) discussion thread. The rules are still being designed so feel free to offer your input.

Here is my idea so far:

Players join one of three aristocratic classes: Soldiers, Merchants and Scribes. These guilds can decide how they run themselves, but at the end of each turn we check the demographics screen to see which class is put in charge of the government.

If GNP is the lowest in rank compared to the AI, then Merchants are discontented with the ruling class and have instigated a coup. If Manufacturing is lowest then Soldiers have seized power, and if Crop yield is lowest the Scribes have swept into power at the head of a popular uprising.

The leader of the appropriate guild can setup the government as they wish but afterward players have the option to change guilds.

Its not too complicated, gets rid of most elections which I think are generally pretty dull, gives people considerable power but doesn’t let them know how long they will keep it, leaves the decision to chat or not to chat up to each guild and encourages Role-play.

Scribes are put in power.

A few problems:
1. For example, scribes are in power, so they'll make sure that food stays low, because that way, they stay in power.
2. The AI prioritizes manufacturing low, so Soldiers will often be in power.

Well scribes will want to grow too but ya I just tried a few games and it doesn't work.

Some good ideas in the "Is this demo game dead" thread in the citizens forum so lets put this one on ice for a bit.

Top Bottom