KharakMOD - Development Thread

ElConejo

Lord of Kharak
KharakMOD Development Thread

Note: When the Mod reaches a usable version I will create a Update Thread in the proper forum and allow this thread to remain as a resource for further development of the Mod.

Homeworld is an extremely popular and well made RTS. The developers also put a lot of time creating a rich storyline and history to this game, which is my inspiration for creating this KharakMOD.

Kharak is a harsh planet with a desert which wraps entirely around the equatorial line. The polarized sections of the planet are habitable, however, and so civilization soon began to thrive into what were named "Kiithid" (plural) or "Kiith" (singular). The Kiithid were very unique and interesting, and after over a thousand years of struggle and war, united in peace in the Age of Reason (which is then the beginning of the Exodus of Kharak, told in Homeworld the game).

The Civ4 KharakMOD will place the player in the seat of Kiith-Sa (leader) of one of the major Kharaki Kiithid in a struggle to unite the tormentable planet and bring about the Age of Reason to one day be the most powerful Kiith. The KharakMOD hopes to bring the rich history and storyline from Homeworld into the civilization managing realm of Civ4.

Below you will find the updated version of the Mod, Version History and Current Goals of the KharakMOD Project. I would like to take this time to thank everyone who has helped and will help with this project as it is something which I am meeting with vigorous enthusiasm.

~ElConejo

Update and Version History Post

:::Installation Help:::

Spoiler :
Step One: Delete all files in your Cache folder
Note: Folder located in C:/Documents and Settings/Your Username/My Games/Civ4/cache

Step Two: Click on the picture or the link below to download the file into your Mod folder

Step Three: Load Civ4 and go to Advanced and Load A Mod then choose KharakMOD from list

Step Four: Enjoy.

:::Version History:::
Spoiler :
V0.1
Warning: English language is only one supported yet!
Added
- Kiithid colors
- Kiithid traits
- Leaders
- Leader preferences
- Starting techs
- City names

V0.2
Added
- Kiithid flags
- Kiithid Unique Units.
- Start date = 1AD

V0.3
Added
- Main Menu Picture
- Main Menu Song - Enya "Adiemus"
- Leaderheads
- Fixed Gaalsien Trait
- Integrated AIAutoPlay by Jdog5000

The Kiithid

This post will be editted whenever I add something new to the Kiith setup or change something. Most names (esp of cities) will be made up as there is simply not enough hard data about the names of Kharakian cities. Also, several clans will require custom flags if flags are not found online anywhere, seeing as only 7 of the major 8 are featured we may need to create flags of our own for the remaining major factions.

:::MAJOR FACTIONS:::

Spoiler :

---===---

Clan/Kiith - Leader Name
Favorite Civic
Civilization Traits
Starting Techs
Unique Unit
Faction Start
city names: (Will edit as I find more names)

Kiith S'jet - Karan S'jet-Sa*
Pacifism
Philosophical, Organized
Agriculture, The Wheel
North
City names: Ightii, Keeld, Yenthe, Seult, Seenn, Neur, Isse, Aiingu, Ochaii, Ochei,

Kiith Hraal - Arban Hraal-Sa*
Caste System
Industrious, Organized
Mining, Fishing
South
City names: Frein*, Naish, Itai, Uisa, Lyek, Vesb, Diim, Juid, Yriilo,

Kiith Somtaaw - Teigor Somtaaw-Sa*
Nationhood
Aggressive, Spiritual
Fishing, Mysticism
North
City names: Kohntala*, Hameln*, Gydeo*, Daniip, Niisnt, Elimn, Tinil, Sulmn, Ninun,

Kiith Gaalsien - Miirpat Gaalsien-Sa*
Theocracy
Spiritual, Creative
Hunting, Mysticism
North of Great Banded Desert*
City names: Saju-ka*, Saju-Darlim, Kar-Lluh, Orotha, Skaru, Haess-ka, Niir-Urliem, Drard, Alyea-Toba

Kiith Manaan - Siima Manaan-Sa*
Free Speech
Expansive, Industrious
Mining, Mysticism
South
City names: Ferin Sha*, Orotha, Oshya, Kellii, Ohiine, Ymosa, Otaiiu, Uormii, Isere,

Kiith Naabal - Ifriit Naabal-Sa*
Representation
Financial, Philosophical
The Wheel, Mining
Northern Ice Cap*
City names: Tiir*, Epola, Aiimu, Saurd, Lhiila, Uchae, Crais, Oskelo, Enths,

Kiith Paktu - Majiir Paktu-Sa*
Free Religion
Creative, Expansive
Agriculture, The Wheel
South of the Great Banded Desert*
City names: Hunon*, Abelii, Majiirian, Deiir, Oughn, Radt, Diiaw, Reih, Rakd,

Kiith Soban - Soban the Red*
Vassalage
Aggressive, Financial
Hunting, Fishing
South
City names: Ekelo, Kaleldu, Suriik, Inguz, Athognii, Denlor, Eldis, Iakel, Ardran,

* Positive status: locations/names due to current knowledge of Kharak history

---===---

:::UNIQUE UNITS:::

Spoiler :
=====
Kiith
Name
Old Unit
Added Promotion
=====

Soban
Red Paladin

Samuari
March

Sjet
Protector

Skirmisher
City Garrison I

Gaalsien
Zealot

Conquistador
Flanking I

Manaan
Avenger

Keshik
Commando

Naabal
Liberator

Red Coat
City Raider I

Paktu
Hunon Defender

Praetorian
Combat I

Hraal
Peon

Fast Worker
Navigation

Somtaaw
Kasaar Warrior

Jaguar
Shock

:::MINOR FACTIONS::: TO BE ADDED LATER

Spoiler :
Clan/Kiith - Favorite Civic
Civilization Traits
Leader name
Faction Start
city names: (Will edit as I find more names)

Kiith Siidim - Organized Religion
Spiritual, Aggressive
Oiigel Siidim-Sa
North*
City names:

Kiith Liir - Free Trade
Industrious, Organized
Hatiim Liir-Sa
South
City names:

Kiith Kaalel - State Property
Expansive, Philosophical
Liir Kaalel-Sa*
North
City names:

Kiith Ferriil - Mercantilism
Financial, Creative
Ziiad Ferriil-Sa
South
City names:

Completed Project Goals:

- Custom Factions/Nations

- Custom "pre-named" cities based on Homeworld language (see above)

Current Project Goals:

- A Kharak map
(Map already in production)

- If possible, rename the Victory Conditions (again, if possible)
Diplomatic = Age of Reason Victory
Conquest = Heresy War Victory
Space = Mothership Completion

- Custom names for wonders/projects

- Edit religions to be more (Homeworldly) historically correct

- Mercenaries

- Revolutions

- Desert Sail-ships

Wow, thanks a lot bro, I'll add that up today once I get back to the dorm. I have just about switched all the civs over to the Kiithid at this point. Once I get all the flags up and running (then of course leaderheads) I will work out the finish on the map and we can release our first version. Although that is still a ways off it feels a lot closer now with the flags and the XML working.

Update:

Due to school I have been a bit set back from actually posting updates, however my major concern is over a crash which the mod seems to be getting and I cant find out where it is originating from. Therefore, if I cant find out where it is coming from I will be starting over and trying to rebuild what I have from a clean slate. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to help let me know.

Update:

This is my plan as of now:

1. Get civ traits and names working
2. Get flags working
3. Get Unique Units working
4. Get Leaderheads working
5. Make Map Playable

From there I think I will be in a much better position to make future changes and move forward. Starting with the basics is what will get this mod back on its feet fast.

Homeworld Kicked ass. id love to play a civ mod of it. id love to help but all i can do is photoshop and Swift 3D :(

there was a PDF file allllllllllllll about the early homewolrd stuff, all the clans etc included on the first game. if you dont have it i can upload it. :)

under no circumstances is THIS mod to die.

This mod will NOT be dying whatsoever, the only set backs thus far have been my own personal life and that blasted crash. But I have started over now and will be working from the bottom up and testing each step.

Yes I already have that file (if you mean the original manual) and have come up with all you see here from it.

Dont worry about not being able to contribute raw material, I would be more than happy for you to test the mod once it is in the testing stage (after the Civs are in) so that I can get feedback. Stay tuned and I'll be there before you know it. ;)

Thanks for the support.

Version 0.1 is ready! Download it from Post #2!

Like I said, before you know it. I sat here for a good 3 hours (no joke) and got finished adding all the Kiiths, with their colors and unqiue traits. I tested it numerous times and it works fine as far as I tested. I did not add the Kiithid flags yet because they seemed to be a hastle last time around and I will leave it to v0.2 to add the flags up.

In this version 0.1, you will find that the Kiiths are present and ready to be used, and they should work fine if they do not let me know. My next phase in the project will encompass getting those flags working and finishing the map of Kharak.

Beta Testers needed! Please post here any issues you encounter with the Mod. Please be certain you have the newest version of the mod and post all information you have on any bug or problem. Any help is much appreciated!

I hope you enjoy this 'teaser' if you will, and be assured there is much more to come. :goodjob:

~Conejo

will you be making a map script so that a good portion of the map is desert, except the polar regions, of which are of the temperate kind. would be good random map generator and fun games galore :D

ZB2 said:
will you be making a map script so that a good portion of the map is desert, except the polar regions, of which are of the temperate kind. would be good random map generator and fun games galore :D
I dont know the slightest thing about writing map scripts, at least not at this point. Right now I am working on a map of Kharak, which I HOPE will be done by the next update (at least a beta version of the map) so that you can play off of that one. :goodjob:

Well guys, I must be on some sort of roll, because here is what I will be calling V0.2 of the KharakMOD. Today I added not only the flags for the Kiithid, but also I added the Kiithid Unique Units! There is a picture uploaded here showing all the unit units, and a detailed run-down of the UUs is offered in post #3.

Please test these units if you can over a long game and let me know if any need toning down; I recognize that by giving already strong UUs an added promotion I could be overpowering some of them, just let me know if you experience this.

I had wanted to get the map finished for this version, but alas I am coming across an increasingly difficult time getting the blasted map to work with the mod so it will have to wait. I think the addition of the flags and the unique units is more than enough to propel this mod forward tho, and I hope you feel the same. :D

So without further adue I am going to upload V0.2 of the KharakMOD. List of changes will be present in post #2. :goodjob:

Attachments

• UUs.JPG
    UUs.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 204
Nope I used all the flags you graciously provided. Its going well actually. My next version of the mod will feature 'true to history' personalities for all the leaders. I have spent alot of time starring at the XML and reading up on it, and so far it looks really good! I installed the AI AutoPlay component to do testing, and that too has been fruitful. V0.3 will feature focused and 'true' leader personalities, something which will make the mod that much better to play on. :goodjob:

you understand of course, once youve made this kharak based mod, you WILL be making a space scenario, with tiles representing planetary systems (the best and popular way to make space scenarios)

and you will be making a full scenario with the Taidan and Kushan sides, plus everyone else :)

OMFG!!!! I can't believe it! SOMEONE MADE A HW MOD!!! FOR CIV4!!!! I BOW DOWN TO YOU:bowdown:

Glad you like it man, I am really proud of what I have done so far, and I hope you'll be one of my beta testers over the coming months when new versions are released. Soon I'll have the next version up, which will try to make leaders fit their faction's personality better. Look forward to seeing you again, let me know your thoughts and keep tabs on this thread. :goodjob:

you understand of course, once youve made this kharak based mod, you WILL be making a space scenario, with tiles representing planetary systems (the best and popular way to make space scenarios)

and you will be making a full scenario with the Taidan and Kushan sides, plus everyone else :)

If I get some Pythoners and some Graphic designers, you can be damn certain you'll see that idea come to pass. All in good time my friend, all in good time. :)

P.S. Once I am all but done with it, I am surely going to make a Hiigaran-type scenario too, of the Kushans repopulating Homeworld after their landfall.

Top Bottom