Japanese Mythology MOD

strategyonly

C2C Supreme Commander
Update and Version History Post

Almost ready for Alpha version

Version 9:
changed text in UnitCombat area, added art for Yersinia in artdefines file, changed Junzi to Earth civ, deleted double barrage1/2/3, added dll for water walking, moved Deer Rider to Armormored Cavalry tech, and Thor to Mercantilism, moved a few promotions around, added Marsh, Swamp and MUD to the features,
Spoiler :
19 Nov 06: version 001

Added: Ninja, Typhoid Mary, Royal Galleon and a Skeleton.
Added more units: Harlequin, Arcobat, Oni, Djinn, Centaur, Piros, Eye,
Hunter. 14 new Leadheads, a stronger harlequin, Samurai Horse Archer,
Samurai Knight, Samurai Arquebusier. Cav, Asian Warrior, DireWolf,
Sam Horse Archer different horse,Heavy Knight, Troll, Riot Police, UFO,
Eco Terrorist, Attack Drone, BeastWarrior, Beast Archer, BeastSpearman,
Beast Chariot, Chaos Marauder, Chaos Shaman, Chaos Priest, Chaos Cultist,
Manticore, Warhound, FLeshhound, Daemon Prince. CaveBear, Cyclops,
Junzi, Phakak, qimuksiit, settler w/wagon, Griffon, a wierd looking axeman,
blazer gun, siberiantiger, polarbear, pandabear, duin the werewolf, pig,
infernal lord, orge, birdrider, 3 Tokugawa's with a sword each has a better
strength value, a brand new werewolf, Deer Rider, Bear rider.
6 Animated LeaderHeads, adding a different map also, barrow, swordsman
with big shield and sword. More Animated L/H's, female archer, female
horsearcher, elven rider, treant, a dark samurari.

11 Dec 06, 6:30 PM: version 002

FireMage, Buck jetfighter, ChimeraTank, Dark Samurai, Frost Giant,
Hill Giant, HydraTank, Naboofighter, organgun, satellite, HellhoundTank,
ManticoreTank, 6 more different LH's, 18 New
techs, new building SAKE, 2 new improvements (sea mine, sea farm),
training yard, open-market, japanese support in the UN, 5 more
New techs, Shinto religion, Shinto shrine,
Shinto monestary, Shinto missionary, Shinto cathedral, Shinto Temple,
Weapons Range, Black Pyramid, Black Library, tsukiji, elven range.

Update: 1 Jan 07, 3:15 am, version 003:

YGGDRASIL, Hero Loracaz, evolution wonder, Grim Reaper with hourglass,
reaper on horse, unicorn, pegasus, hell mount, changed ALL the
CIVIC ICONS and got then larger, changed
alot of the Tech icons and made then larger also, changed WATER from blue to GREEN but if you want purple you can also, you
have three choices there(just read the readme and it explains how to do,
pretty easy, treasure storehouse mint, new improvement treasure chest of
gems, new civ METAL (lots of FEMALEs), started adding units to the unique CIV area, added baby bear, baby red dragon, hunting demon, ashbearer, hellhound, balor, infernal longbowman, infernal executioner, sect of flies, infernal pikeman, infernal worker, deathknight, graveborn, assassin, and ranger.

Version 004: 16Jan07, 8:15pm

Changed some of the Tech Tree around, changed some of the Civics, added Orc Civ, Vamps Civ, Dragon Civ, Death Civ, Dark Elf Civ, added to the DE civ (all unique units): worker, warrior, axeman, maceman, immortal, berserker, archer, flurry, longbowman, marksman, archmage, shadow, hunter, knight, lunuance, scout, adept, assassin, conjuror, flurry, horsearcher, horseman, mage, nightbringer, settler, added to the Vamps civ: scout, hunter, ranger, beastmaster, shadow, dragon ranger, dragon beastmaster, dragon warrior, added olives, cotton, tobacco, and ancient temple resources
(You have to put them in yourself), fixed Ninja civ takeover (item # 80 (suggested by Joebasalt13) back to regular spy status, added another Civ Mountain, HEROES (Arthendain, Bambur, Gilden, Hemah, Jeff, Kithra, Mardero, Maros, Rosier, Saverous, Sphener, and Valin), Added to SUN civ: Unique units (archer, assassin, beastmaster, flurry, horseman, hunter, immortal, longbowman, maceman, archmage, marksman, pikeman, ranger, spearman, paladin, scout, settler, worker and warrior), Hunting Lodge,and a Carnival.

Update: (next change will include the following):
Version 005
Battering Ram, Green Worker, Marinew/M16A2, added to the WATER civ: Unique units: Guybrush (Hero), archer, assassin, hunter, immortal, longbowman, maceman, pikeman, ranger, spearman, scout, settler, another swordsman, pirate captain and warrior, Added Unique Units to Orc Civ: archer, spearman, swordsman, warrior, worker, axeman, berserker, crossbowman, settler, chariot, longbowman, maceman, warchief, stoneskin, steamtank, NEW Male Spy, MOON swordsman, Japan Hero Dragon Slayer, skeletonspearman, skeleton immortal, skeleton swordsman, skeleton spearrider, skeleton horsearcher,
Lizard Civ: Kryat, worker, axeman, lizardman, goblin spearman, assassin, druid, pikeman, added a Pirate Ship, Bowyer, Darth Vader?? a new stable w/horses,a female statue, elf palace, more changes also.

You will now be able to enslave units in the game, and it has a readme that you can change to your preference, added a somewhat looking werewolf Statue to Moon Civ, Horn Statue to the Mountain Civ, Budda Statue, Xian Statues, and a Gallow to all civs, TownHall (ElfTreeHouse) for Sun Civ, GingerBread House/Manor/Mansion/Archery Range/Tower, SuperHERO Link, Sith, Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin, Sith Master, (Colony Pod (Settler), Terraformer (Worker) both of these are Markvtanks), Seal Scout, Rover (MechInf), Impact Rover (MechInf), Female Marine, Cheerleader, Female Assassin, Orc Glutton, another Orc Warchief, Orc Stoneskin, ravenous werewolf(barb), greater werewolf (barb), added promotions Bushido, Kamikaze, Humanitarian, Accuracy, Air3, Barrage 1/2/3, Blessed, Boarding, Burning Blood, Channeling 1/2/3/, Chaos 1/2/3/, Charmed, Courage, Defense, Dragon, Dwarf, Dwarf Slaying, Elf, Elf Slaying, Empower 1/2/3/4/5/, Enchanted, Enraged, Entropy1/2/3, Homeland, Invisible, Flaming Arrows, Golem, Heavy, Commander, Hasted, Marksman, Magic Resistence, Light, Sentry2, Orc, Orc Slaying, Pirate Cove, Regeneration, Skeleton Crew, Tree top Denfense, Undead, Subdue Animal, Undead Slaying, Vampire, Water Walking, Fire, and Water1, gorilla, turtoise, nyxkin, boar rider, Heros: seraph, buboise, and a rhino, rider.

Version 007 : 16 Mar 07:
Tar Demon, Hero Stephanos, moved around the civics a little, changed water back to blue and some terrain changes also, Hero Rantine, Dwarven worker, berserker, assassin, chariot, shadow, slinger, scout, Adept, Space Cannon, re-doing the Tech Tree, added an INSANE area for barbarians/animals to invade, naval workshop, will be adding python promotions also, added the following promotions: Withered, Dance of Blades, Hero, Satellite Up_Link, Formation 1/2/3, Pinch 1/2/3, Ambush 1/2/3, Charge 1/2/3/, Warmth 1/2, Cold 1/2, Field 1/2, Accuracy 1/2, Speed, Defense 1/2/3/4, Heal, Stalwart 1/2/3, Light 1/2, Hero 1/2/3/4/5, Scout Aid 1/2/3/, Melee Aid 1/2/3, Archer Aid 1/2/3, Mounted Aid 1/2/3, Seige 1/2/3, and Crowded, Added UnitCombat Early Aircraft, UnitCombat Airplane, and UnitCombat Jetplane, build improvements entanglement (barbed wire),trenches, anti-personnel mines, labour camp, anti-tank mines,
a new bunker, plant new forest, build a desertwindmill, exploretemple,waterefinement, greenfacilty, waterland1/2, added resources cannabis, salt, potato, coffee, sulphur, pearls, and lemon.

Version 008:
Basilica, Hawk, Parrot, completely re-did the Tech Tree total so far 197 (not counting some that were already there), added a bunch of promotions total in game so far 242(not counting some that were already there), units added so far 379(not counting some that were already there), candy warrior, Blue(aqua) Dragon, added smiley icons for attitudes.

Started at 2052 and 11,136 THX
Started at 1889, and 8,599. THX

In depth information (Civs, UUs etc)

Included a UnitEnslavement that you can change to your hearts content, with an excellent readme on how to do it YOUR way.

(Update) 17 Feb 07 at 9:40 am,

Seventeen NEW Civs, Japan, Moon, Sun, Earth, Water, Metal, Evil, Fire, DE (Dark Elves), Orc, Vamps, Lizard, Dragon, Death, Mountain, The Others, and Storm. Haven't got all of these done yet just got the names is all. Plus some surprises in there also.

Japan Civ: Heroes Jeff and Dragon Slayer,

Moon Civ: Added Werewolf, Duin Werewolf, Ravenous Werewolf, Greater Werewolf, Harlequin, Harlequin1, HERO Maros, Jaguar, settler, wardog, swordsman, Djinn, Djinn1, Minotaur, Minoaur1, Merryman and samurai

Evil Civ: Added New settler, scout, warrior, beastman, beastarcher, beastspearman, beastchariot, beastrider, Maruarder Shaman, Chaos Priest, Chaos Cultists, DaemonPrince, FleshHound, WarHound, Wizard Tzeentch, maruardar,and a manicore, HERO Sphener,

Fire Civ: Unique units; Ashbearer, balor, Death Knight, Executioner, HellHound, Hunting Demon, Sect of Flies, Ruhin Archer, Infernal Worker, Infernal Lord, Infernal Longbowman, Infernal Chariot, and a Infernal Pikeman, HERO Mardero, settler

Sun Civ: Unique Units: Elf Champ, Elven Rider, HERO Gilden, HERO Kithra, archer, assassin, beastmaster, flurry, horseman, hunter, immortal, longbowman, maceman, archmage, marksman, pikeman, ranger, spearman, paladin, scout, settler, worker and warrior

Earth Civ: Dark Samurai, Yari Samurai, Pikeman Samurai, HERO Rosier, religious settlers,

Water Civ: Unique Units: worker, scout, HERO Hemah, HERO Guybrush, archer, maceman, pikeman, spearman, swoardsman, hunter, ranger, lonbgbowman, immortal, assassin, warrior, another swordsman, pirate captain,

Metal Civ: All Female units: HERO Seraph, Female Archer, Female Horsearcher, Female worker, TyphoidMary, EcoTerrorist, HERO Valin, settler, TheBit_h, Marine, Cheerleader, Assassin,

Vamps Civ: Unique Units: scout, hunter, ranger, beastmaster, shadow, assassin, bloodpet, vampire, vampirelord, moroi, brujahswordsman, brujahaxeman, brujahmaceman, brujah, immortal, axeman, berserker, HERO Vesparso, Hero Gargoyle

Lizard Civ: Unique Units: worker, HERO Saverous, pikeman, assassin, hunter, spearman, beastman, axeman, scout, Kryat,

Orc Civ: Unique Units: archer, spearman, axeman, worker, swordsman, warrior, stoneskin, warchief, maceman, longbowman, chariot, settler, crossbowman, berserker, Hero Rantine,

Dragon Civ: Black, Red, Purple, and Gold Dragon Unique Units: Warrior, Ranger, Beastmaster, Acrobat, Baby Dragons, HERO Archie (Arch Angel), Blue(aqua) Dragon,

Death Civ: Unique Units: Reaper on Horse, Reaper with sandclock, Death Knight, Death Warrior, Graveborn, swordsman, spearrider, horsearcher, immortal, spearman,

Mountain Civ: Unique Units: HEROES Arthendain and Bambur, thunderbolt, swordsman, warrior(soldier), scout, assassin, berserker, slinger, warrior, worker, hunter, shadow,
druid,

The Others Civ: HERO LINK, HERO VADER, Sith, Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin, Sith Master, Magitek_Armor, Jedi, ATST, ATAT, Mark5tank (settler and worker), NavySeal (Scout), MechInf (Rover, Impact Rover), Space Cannon, Candy Warrior, YODA

Storm Civ: HERO Buboise, Boar Rider, Nyxkin, Rhino Rider, Bear Rider, Bison Rider, Deer Rider, Centaur,

You have to be CAREFUL in this MOD, sometimes strength does not matter, pay more attention to strengths and weaknesses!!!!!! For now ok, till i get some balancing done, but that will not be done soon, probably in about a year.

This is a anything goes Myth.
Want to go way back in history to the first mythological beast/person.

This will include myths (fantasy) of creatures, spiritual, anime, EVEN Sci Fi, almost anything that has been or even thought about has been thought about by the Japanese first. Like the first post says over 800000, thats alot to choose from.

Here is a sneak peek at whats inside so far:

This game almost has everything, Bunkers, Anti-Personnel Mines, Satellites, UFO's,

BUG REPORT:

Clear out your Custom Assets folder.

If you have a crash, pls re-start your Warlords and do this: Restart Jap Myth, go to single player/load game/click on save+ icon, then click on AUTO then go to the last FILENAME listed and click on that, it should load, if it crashes after that (which it shouldn't) (more than likely glitches with CIV4) send me your saved game.
Fixed the Vampire Ranger duplication.
Fixed the Moon_settler child issue.
Fixed the Green Worker error, now works correctly.(14Mar07)
Fixed Yersinia artdefines file (20 Jun 07)
Fixed Junzi to Earth Civ (20 Jun 07)
have pink button (dont know which one?) on some units.
Having problems with ALL siege weapons, so unless you just want to attack i'd say dont use them??

Credits or final thoughts

So far: strategyonly (just me)

PLS when i ask questions, just dont tell me to check a Tutorial ok, thx, give examples, thx.

Spoiler :

Zebra 9 for enslavement coding
esnaz: Animated LH's, Sake building
Officer Reene: for answering some of my DUMB questions, THX!!! (Check out his MP Military MOD also.)

Some art work(from FfH):
Kael, for answering some of my questions and putting together a great MOD himself.
C.Roland
Rabbit, White

GarretSidzaka - Some GREAT units
frenchman - Graphic look for civics and technologies modifications
Roamty - Phyton graphics for frenchman's graphic's above.
Mexico just for helping out some.

I am going to use alot of everybody's ideas and items so CREDITS to everyone (hows that).

Japanese mythology is a complex system of beliefs. The Shinto pantheon alone boasts a collection of more than 800000 kami (Japanese for "gods" or "spirits"). Due to the influence of the ancient Chinese civilization, much of Japanese mythology and religion originated from the mainland, though there are still many myths uniquely Japanese. It embraces Shinto and Buddhist traditions as well as agricultural-based folk beliefs. This article will discuss only the typical elements present in Occidental mythology such as cosmogony, important deities and the most well-known Japanese stories.

Mainstream Japanese myths, as generally recognized today, are based on the Kojiki, Nihonshoki and some complementary books. The Kojiki or "Record of Ancient Things" is the oldest recognized book of myths, legends, and history of Japan. The Shintoshu explains origins of Japanese deities from a Buddhist perspective while the Hotsuma Tsutae records a substantially different version of mythology.

One notable result of Japanese mythology is that it explains the origin of the Imperial family, and assigned them godhood. The Japanese word for the Emperor of Japan, tennō (天皇), means "heavenly emperor" (the character 天 means "heaven").

With this many kami (Japanese for "gods" or "spirits") to choice from, this will be a long project.

One thing to remember is that before the Greeks even thought about "Zeus" for instance the Japanese already had a water god/sun god, earth god/air etc. so like i said anything goes.

面白そうですよ
What are your plans exactly? Like buildings and such

どいたしまして
I kind of want to say a good generic temple could be a kami shrine. Also is this just relating to japanese mythology or early japanese culture?

For units what about warrior monks or plain old monks who can use sutras?

ohcrapitsnico said:
どいたしまして
I kind of want to say a good generic temple could be a kami shrine. Also is this just relating to japanese mythology or early japanese culture?

For units what about warrior monks or plain old monks who can use sutras?

already answered.

Well I know a little C++ I am in class at college now and I played with Python a bit.
I could look up stuff on Japanese mythology or do some of the more basic programming.

The Sword 88 said:
Well I know a little C++ I am in class at college now and I played with Python a bit.
I could look up stuff on Japanese mythology or do some of the more basic programming.

never mind.

I am looking at their source code and I can understand like 20% of it. This might be above my head.

The Sword 88 said:
I am looking at their source code and I can understand like 20% of it. This might be above my head.

Well that 20% more than ME. Like i said any help is good help, ok, even if you can just get one page done someplace, its worth while. Get one unit done, one civ etc, get the point? THX;)

EDIT: Right now i am only concentrating on adding units to this MOD, i have over 250 right now to add. So HELP is welcome.

フリーの翻訳ドットコム

Although I have no experience with Units or graphics or anything, I am quite good with HTML (which set me up for XML) and (thus far) have a good understanding of the XML files. Another set back is that I probibly cant test anything for you (yet) as I dont (yet) have Warlords, but I am on call if you need something looked at, esp if there is a broken code in a specific file which you want me to glance over. :goodjob: Good luck with this though.

ElConejo said:
フリーの翻訳ドットコム

Although I have no experience with Units or graphics or anything, I am quite good with HTML (which set me up for XML) and (thus far) have a good understanding of the XML files. Another set back is that I probibly cant test anything for you (yet) as I dont (yet) have Warlords, but I am on call if you need something looked at, esp if there is a broken code in a specific file which you want me to glance over. :goodjob: Good luck with this though.

never mind.

I cant program well enough to do this sorry.

I am would have liked to help maybe next semester in CompSci2 I will learn more of that stuff and can help with future projects.

Top Bottom