Malakim Immortal Model (v1.0) for FfH 2.16

MrUnderhill

Civ-loving Hobbit
Malakim Immortal Model (v1.0) for Fall From Heaven 2.16
------------------------------------
By Kevin C (MrUnderhill)
Inspired by Oddbasket's Glass Armor Replacement mod for TES4
(http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=6770)

DESCRIPTION
------------------
What is this mod for?
This mod will replace the default "Spearman-ish" model for the Malakim Immortal with a modified Pikeman with Swordsman animations. It will also replace the "dark horned helmet" icon with one that's a little more appropriate.

Why is the new guy black/middle-eastern when everyone else is white?
I always pictured the Malakim as dark-skinned because they live in the desert (Varn Gosam doesn't count), so the Malakim Immortal (and any Malakim units I might make in the future) has darker skin than other units. In case you don't like this for whatever reason, I included a texture with lighter skin, labelled pikeman_128c.dds. Just rename and go.

What if I want to use this for something else?
Feel free to redistribute, or reuse the materials in this package in any non-commercial way. Credit would be nice, but I don't really care much.
I used parts from Rabbit, White's various weapons and armor models, and the icon came from Oddbasket's Oblivion mod (see above), so you may want to credit them as well.

INSTALLATION:
------------------
1) Copy the art folder into your FfH Directory. The existing art files are packed so there shouldn't be any overwriting.

2) Now you'll need the "CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml" file to read the new model. If you're using 0.16a and you have no other graphical mods, you can simply copy my included XML file over yours.

3) If you don't want to overwrite your existing ArtDefines file, open it up in whatever XML editor you use (Notepad is fine, though I use XML Marker myself). Navigate down to ART_DEF_UNIT_IMMORTAL_MALAKIM and update the following values:

NIF: Art/Units/Civs/Malakim/Immortal/Swordsman.nif
KFM: Art/Units/Swordsman/Swordsman.kfm
SHADERNIF: Art/Units/Civs/Malakim/Immortal/Swordsman.nif

4) If something still doesn't work, PM me and I'll do what I can to help.

------------------
Thanks to Rabbit, White for the weapon models and the NifTools tutorial!
------------------

PLEA TO 3DS MAX OWNERS
------------------
While I was tweaking the model out in NifEditor, I noticed that in game, the model's right hand gets turned sideways, causing the sword to stick painfully through the Immortal's side.

The combat and fortify animations actually looked pretty cool with the sword at an angle like that, but the normal standing animation looked ridiculous, so I fixed it by rotating the sword differently. But now the Immortal is holding the sword with his hand sideways (see screenshot #2).

If it's possible, I'd like to have someone fix the hand and maybe get some new animations with the angled sword movement. PM me with the model and/or animations and I'll give you credit. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• screenshot 2.jpg
    screenshot 2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 526
  • screenshot 3.jpg
    screenshot 3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 634
  • screenshot 4.jpg
    screenshot 4.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 653
beuatiful unit for beautiful mod :)

MrUnderhill said:
New version up! Check it out!

What do you mean by that?

For me its easy, i dont know how to put flags on the models, so i ask, so its just that they need FLAGS, hows that?;)

MrUnderhill said:
Flags, eh? :rolleyes:

Nice try to put a Japanese spin on in? BUT WOW. Nice job!:goodjob: But i'll take it, really looks great, thx
The shield and sword then plus the flag, now if that isnt a great unit!

That's beautiful! Great picture. Is it used for FfH, or FF official releases? Or, at least, Malakim Reworked mod?

Oh, excuse me for raising this topic from the ashes of the past: I just missed, that the last reply was so long ago....

:lol: That's fine. If anything, I'm glad someone still has an interest in it, since it was one of my first retextures and I feel I've gotten a lot better since then.
I couldn't even use Blender very well back then. The horror! :p Now that you mention it, I might do a remake on this one if I have some spare time.

Top Bottom