How Can I Declare War On My Vassal?

Cervus

Chieftain
The situation is as follows:

- I am on one continent with the only other civilization on it being my vassal.

- The largest opponent occupies another continent.

- To win by domination I need to either conquer my entire continent or sail to the other one to try to overcome that large opponent.

- It would be easier to finish my vassal, however I cannot find a way to declare war on him. Whatever I request from him, he gives without a word.

Any advice? Thank you.

You're stuck with him until he decides to call it off, gotta think v careful before you make someone yr vassal. if you know you're gonna have to take them down for a domination win at some future point then steer clear

you might as well bite the bullet and go for the other guy with yr lackey in tow....

you can order yr vassal to attack specific enemy cities, which is kinda cool

The vassal's territory/population is already counting towards your domination win, conquering him would achieve nothing. And you can't declare war, that's the whole point.

The vassal bug was fixed in a new patch so someone should teach the newbies how to declare war on their slaves.

I have seen 2 ways to convince a vassal to break it off with you.

1. Surround its last city with your culture. I have seen it compel the vassal to break off its agreement with you.
2. Go to war with a stronger enemy if the vassal likes the enemy more than you it will break it off and say something like "you are too weak to protect us"

Captain Crunch said:
I have seen 2 ways to convince a vassal to break it off with you.

1. Surround its last city with your culture. I have seen it compel the vassal to break off its agreement with you.
2. Go to war with a stronger enemy if the vassal likes the enemy more than you it will break it off and say something like "you are too weak to protect us"
Not true, that only happens if the enemy takes the vassel's cities, and in consequnce the vassel has 50% less land then when he vassilized/capilitaed, so he will automaticly break the deal.

Yeah so anyway, you gotta attack the other guy, at least your vassel will help you.

Demand something from your vassal.
If he/she refuses, maybe you can declare war.

Or, if he/she's friendly (not caputilation) make him/her
less friendly by switching religion and/or civics.

I tried that, but I find AI vassals tend to never refuse unless it's the second demand of the turn (when you no longer get the war option).

Demand something from your vassal.

I got my first vassals in last game. I didn't fully understand capitulation when I accepted it from two civs who I'd beaten away from my continent. (They each found tiny desert islands for themselves.) So I couldn't even demand anything from them! Each of them had one crappy little city. Even when I was warring with bigger civs, the bigger civ wouldn't destroy my vassals. So there was no way for me to get a conquest victory, since I couldn't declare on two civs who wouldn't break away from me. Grrr. Oh, and I tried to anger them. I wasn't giving them anything, I was picking fights all over, demanding big cash payments every couple turns ...

If the only civs left alive are your vassals, it's a conquest victory.

Mad2rix said:
The vassal bug was fixed in a new patch so someone should teach the newbies how to declare war on their slaves.

What bug? You still can't go to war with your vassals

I like playing until i am the only on the map so i can build my perfect world of only one colour.
My vassal's respect for me was "-58". He had reasons... Even so he fulfilled all my requests.

So i:
-gave him all the cities that wanted to join him.
-destroyed all my military units but one machinegun in each city
-made a request he wouldn't fulfill. that meant war.

considering my huge superiority in techs and building capacity, in 6 turns i managed to build the military units and take over all his cities.

If the only civs left alive are your vassals, it's a conquest victory.

is it? I am pretty sure my last game declared a domination victory after I had all my enemies as my vassals. I could be wrong though

You could always just use worldbuilder auto-declare.

is it? I am pretty sure my last game declared a domination victory after I had all my enemies as my vassals. I could be wrong though
If that last vassal gave you enough land to put you over the domination threshold then you win domination. Otherwise, you win conquest.

I have a vassal by capitulation in MP in a pit-boss game. They stopped playing, so they are completely useless. I cant trade/communicate/order them to do anything. I wish I wouldnt have made him my vassal. The admin cant even switch him to AI in the pitboss settings.

Anything I can do here?

You could always just use worldbuilder auto-declare.

If that last vassal gave you enough land to put you over the domination threshold then you win domination. Otherwise, you win conquest.

I have won a Conquest victory by having the last guy capitulate, even though he simutaniously pushed my land/pop over the limit.

Top Bottom