Matrox TripleHead2go - 3 monitors

4nubis

Chieftain
Hi,

I have 3 TFTs and a Matrox TripleHead2Go set. The TripleHead2Go site states that it supports Civilization IV, so I've bought both.
Indeed ! I can play the game at 3840x1024 which is amazing. Civilization IV even autodetects the wholo shabang.

BUT

1. The game view is a much to close one. U only get a view of "6 tiles vertically" instead of the normal 10 (if I'm not mistakin'). It's like a normal screen of 1280x1024 of which edges 2 inches have been cut.
Horizontally however, I have an enormous gain, since I have 3 screens, but this doesn't compensate the loss in vertical view !!

2. If u zoom in to the cityscreen the upper 3 squares and the lower 3 squares are covered by the cityscreen UI. I can't manually select them if I wanted to select those squares to harvest from.

In short, the triple monitor support of the game appears to be sloppy. Since I have 3840x1024 I expected 3 times a 1280x1024 view at least. I get way less & hope some solution exists for this issue.
in this topic someone's solution is a lower resolution, which is not the answer I'm looking for.

Kind Regards,

4nubis

found it.
matrox software has glitches in it. Had to adapt these things manually

Warlords\CivilizationIV.ini :

Screenheight=1024
Screenwidth=3840

...\Warlords\Assets\XML\GlobalDefines.xml :

CAMERA_CITY_ZOOM_IN_DISTANCE --> 10000

...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\MISC\CIV4DetailManager.xml : (not in warlords !)

DF_SKY
15000, 0.00
19200, 1.0
CAMERA_MAX_DISTANCE, 1.00
DF_GLOBE_TERRAIN
14400, 0.00
19200, 1.00

I too play on three monitors and it is jsut great. The edits above do enable you to see the City Screen correctly.

However.... it is no longer possible to get a Globe view as you can't zoom out enough.

Anyone figure a way around this?

you could try using the HOF-Mod from this site which includes a "field of view" option - I am not sure that this component has been posted seperately from this mod though. Of course this is only guessing that it works since I am just using one monitor :mischief:

Welcome to CFC :band:

you could try using the HOF-Mod from this site which includes a "field of view" option - I am not sure that this component has been posted seperately from this mod though. Of course this is only guessing that it works since I am just using one monitor :mischief:

Welcome to CFC :band:

Thanks for the quick response.

Can you point me to the file? I went through all the Civ 4 mods on the site and could not find one called "HOF-Mod".

It might actually work as using a TripleHead2Go basically makes windows think that you are using one large monitor with 3840x1024 resolution.

Ill let ya know!

look here the link to the file is way down the page :)

Thanks. Got it.

Mixed results: it definitely allows me to see even MORE land mass on the screen when I crank up the field of view. However.... View Globe still does not work; i.e. I never see the world "curved" and thus can not "spin" it around using the grab tool.

I will use it when I start my next game (was unaware that mods won't work with previous games in progress until I tried to load the game I am currently playing). At 3840x1024 with increased FOV, I think I will pretty much be able to see the whole world even though the world will appear flat. :D

Thanks again!

did you try changing those xml files (not the .ini) back to the original settings? This would be a shot in the dark, but maybe it helps :)

Just tried your suggestion... however... when I go back to the original .xml files, the City Screen issues reemerge; i.e. when you go to the City screen, the zoom is too large and thus you can only see about 6-9 tiles around your city.

This game is so STUNNING in 3840x1024 over three monitors that I'm determined to get it to work 100% (plus... although a complete newb to the Civ series... I'm falling in love with it!). :crazyeye:

Thanks for your help on this.....

One More Thing (tm) ;)
You might want to try CivScale in addition to the HOF-Mod - note this will give you the inbuild warnings with the HOF-Mod that you cannot use the game for competing in the Civfanatics Hall of Fame.
There are loads of scaling options in the CivScale package, so it *might* help - if not its easy to undo its changes. Look here.

Top Bottom