“1000 AD” Scenario PBEM Game

Karhu

Devil's Advocate
!!!!!!!!_____*****______GAME STARTED________******__________!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for 3-7 additional players to start up a Scenario PBEM game, “Earth 1000 AD” which came with vanilla Civ4. This Scenario sets up the world much like it was in 1000 AD, we take it from there!!! Civ’s are in their proper place with multiple cities, some infrastructure, and appropriate technology. The Crusades have just started, and the new world is still largely unpopulated.

The list of civilizations, their leader, and respective difficulty level are as follows, this is also the turn order:
1- China, Quin Shi Huang, Emperor __ [Karhu, GMT-9]
2- Japan, Tokugawa, Monarch __ [Conquistador45, GMT-8]
3- France, Louis XIV, Chieftain __ [ruff_hi, GMT-5]
4- Arabia, Saladin, Deity __ [Chopstyx, GMT+0]
5- Spain, Isabella, Chieftain
6- England, Elizabeth, Chieftain __ [Portuga, GMT +0]
7- Germany, Frederick, Chieftain
8- Russia, Peter, Chieftain __[Ogno, GMT n/a]
9- Malinese, Mansa Musa, Monarch
10- Inca, Huayna Capac, Noble
11- Mongolia, Genghis Khan, Warlord
12- Aztec, Montezuma, Monarch
13- Rome, Julius Caesar, Monarch (AI only)
14- Greece, Alexander, Warlord (AI only)
15- India, Asoka, Emperor __ [1889, GMT-9]

The difficulty levels are as recommended by the creator of the mod based off starting tech and position. Rome and Greece are AI played because that’s the way the mod is set up, I can not change that. I have not done this before and do not know how this game will progress or if it will be fair. If your not interested in experimenting and possibly duking it out from a tough position then do not sign up.

All victory conditions will be left ON.

Should make for an interesting game with different strategies and tactics from the normal “run-of-the-mill” game, will be fun to see what develops. If interested, please post your name, email, leader choice, and time zone in relation to GMT (example: Alaska -9 GMT). This way we can “play with the sun” and hopefully complete one turn per day.

Once you have picked your civ I will reflect your choice by placing your information in brackets behind the selected civ.

Because the civilization turn order is fixed I may ask for some people to chose a different civ based on their time zone to help ensure one turn per day is played. We'll just have to see how this works out after a few people sign up.

EDIT: Game speed is preset to Normal. The one option up for discussion is whether to turn on "Aggressive AI", to encourage a little more rowdiness.

Sure, I`m in... :)

Conquistador45
e-mail address - you have.
Leader Choice - Japan/Tokugawa
Time zone - GMT-8

Alright, I'm going to claim China at this time because it fits with my GMT at -9.

Waiting to hear back from one potential player. His time zone will put him in either Asia or the New World (in the game). So, once I hear back from him is their a preference to start up the game or hold out awhile longer and see if we can get some European/Africa/Mideast civs taken up?

Ok, we have a new player, Ogno who is in New Zealand (GMT+13), but says he is not working so can play whenever. Thus he will be taking Russia.

I'm interested - GTM+5
ruff_hi @ yahoo.com
Anyone but Arabia if it is available

Ogno mentioned an interesting idea to me. By turning Space Race victory off the computer would be forced to depart from its normal strategy and may actually seek to win by another means (i.e., aggression). What are your thoughts on this and does anyone have experience with trying this?

Once we've decided this point I'll fire up the game. Anyone who joins in the mean time is still welcomed.

Karhu said:
Ogno mentioned an interesting idea to me. By turning Space Race victory off the computer would be forced to depart from its normal strategy and may actually seek to win by another means (i.e., aggression). What are your thoughts on this and does anyone have experience with trying this?
Blah!! That never happens. The only reason that the AI wins anything is by stumbling in the dark. Leave space on.

I'm not worried about the AI winning, Just looking for ways to encourage "different" behavior.

There is the 'Aggressive AI' check box but, AFAIK, that only adds an invisible '-3' or '-4' in the AI / human relationship.

roger that. I think I'll go ahead and fire up the game. Space race will be left On, Aggressive AI will also be ON.

Email me if you have a problem or will be unable to play for a few days or more.

Good Luck Everybody!

I'll take Arabia but why are they deity? In the SP game they are the easiest to play no? (I'm not really that good, I just like Arabia.) Where is the mod? I say leave AI rowdiness low. It's not really a balanced threat, hassling the new world and Africa without touching Europe.

Name: 1889
Email: edandjane [TA] GCI [TOD] net
Timezone: Alaska, GMT-9

um how do you play a pbem/start it up i want to play this one

Top Bottom