Cops!

Attack Texas if you want!

Diplomacy

In-game

Readme File:
Spoiler :

The Second Revolution 2.0
by GarretSidzaka
with Special Help from Dale, Fabrysse, and many others. You can help too!
Come here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216

Recommended System
You must have installed the most updated version of the Warlords Expansion of Civilization 4.
I recommend at least 512 Mb of RAM, and at least a 1.8 Ghz or equivelent processor.

Installation Instructions
1. Double Click SecondRevolution.exe.
2. Follow the prompts.

Release Notes
Right now the version is slightly unstable. If you happen to be an elite Codesmith++, please help me debug the SDK and python. I am totally inable to do this as I have idiot's grasp of programming (yet i made a mod..?)

Special Thanks
Dale* and Fabrysse*
PilatusTurbo*
asioasioasio*
Leif*
ArneHD*
Hadrean*
poncedeleon101*
pianedimorro*
kelzad*
Robo Magic Man
the roAm
zxe
nautil
korvgubben
krowtrobot
Dual
jam4865
woodelf
bad_ronald
CrazyAce
Wyz_sub10
snafusmith
Rabbit, white
surt
simcutie
turqousieninja*
Adbusters "Corporate America" Flag*
Some Star Wars Vehicles Unlabeled*
Time Magzine "Regan Star Wars" Cover
*=Recent Submissions

Musical Credits are in the installation folder.

My Contact Information
Anthony K.
ringworldwu(at)gmail.com
ringworldwu(at)yahoo.com
GarretSidzaka at Civfanatics and Apolyton

Please make sure to download the patch! And if you get trouble loading the map, just restart civ4 and try again! :D

Hello, welcome to the new version of Second Revolution. With 2.0, warlords compatibility comes with this total conversion mod. This is a difficult mod, with many custom units, and many strategies. This is a contreversial mod, with current events set not far from where we are right now. With added playability for the Capitalist Bloc, like the 9/11 Freedom Tower Memorial, and custom Civics like Out-Sourcing and Wage Slavery.

Please post here with suggestions, criticisms, and reviews. Post your winning strategy, or just say hello to the developers, too. If you want to contribute ideas, artwork, and Codesmith++ skillz, please come to the Second Revolution Developers Sub-Forum.

Here is the current downloads list:

1. Civfanatics database

2. 3D downloads

3. Patch 2_1.7

Second Revolution 2_1.7

Added New Unit!! Stryker AFV
Updated Protester to Final

Second Revolution 2_1.6 Patch

Fixed Railroad Build

Second Revolution 2_1.5 Patch (inclusive)

AI bugfix:

Added "Personality"
Fixed Buggy diplomacy
Changed Traits
Adjusted Disposition in WBS

Balance:
Changed Tech requisites for support wonders
Tweaked some units

Second Revolution 2_1.2 Patch (inclusive)

Victory and Balance changes

Made White House <NukeImmune> set to 1
<iMaxGlobalInstances> for Peacekeepers wonder set to only one
set <iDistanceMaintenanceModifier> for Totalitarianism to 0 (from +30)
made Manhattan Project buildable for cost 400
made Ideologies stats more "robust"
added cultural victory option
Changed UN voting values
changed AI tech values towards Rebellion and State Capitalism
Changed "Ideological victory" to needing 51% to win
Canged Domination to 66% to win of area.
Changed .ini to reflect new version

Map Changes

Fixed City Name Spelling errors
Moved Cuban Troop placement, so they don't all get nuked first turn
Took some units away from USA
Changed gamespeed from Normal to Epic
Added Well on Rebel oil
Added additional oil to Alaska
Changed Gamespeed to "Months"
Added Cultural Victory
200 turn limit
Allowed "speed" selection

Please email ringworldwu@gmail.com
also at CFC: GarretSidzaka

Over 40 new units with graphics!
Almost 20 new buildings!
New Tech Tree!

Civilizations:

America Led by Bush
Mexico Led by Calderon
Canada Led by Harper
Cuba Led by Castro Brothers
Rebel Coalition Led by Committee
Zapatistas Led by Marcos

Starting Era:

Modern.
*month* long turns

Ideologies:

Ideologies replace religion in Second Revolution. You have a "State Ideology", create Ideology buildings, and produce the "Activist" Units to spread your ideology. Ideology yields extra money and diplomatic assistance. Here is a list of the new Ideologies:

Anarchism
Autonomism
Communism
Conservatism
Nationalism
Neo-Liberalism

New Victory:

Ideological Victory occurs when you spread your ideas across 2/3 of the cities on the map. You can only attempt at spreading ideologies Civs that are peaceful with you.

Units:

With from the weakest, Protesters fighting back agains Riot Police, to the strongest, Rods from the Gods orbital bombardment, the units in Second Revolution are unique and powerful. While you can only have Rods From the Gods with the second to last tech, Space Weapons, and you can only have one (National Unit); you may build protesters in any city in only one turn (but you will lose population growth). There are many units to fit any appetite for conquest.

Mods Inside:

Dale's Combat Mod
Fabrysse's International Calling Python Mod

Custom Soundtrack:

If you loved the old versions soundtrack, you will love this one!!!

More Screenshot here: (please feel free to send me new ones and ill post them here too)
Spoiler :

Just Screens!

Some of the Units (production shots)

Ideology Units:

Some of the new buildings

Weapons switches:

Revised Protester Unit (new!)

This server is terribly slow, even 3d downloads is better. I recommend you to compress the mod with an installer creator (here I suggest some useful programs) and upload it in civfanatics with the help of Thunderfall.
Edit: I just noticed, it is already an installer, not a zip as I first thought. Oh well, I guess you'll have to find a better server. Or split it in two parts, the main mod and the (optional?) music.

Also I miss the description and screenshots you included in Second Revolution's 1 thread. Currently there is actually no preview, and who doesn't know about your mod will not understand what it's about. Can you do something for this?

And I will try it immediately and give you feedback... as soon as I purchase Warlords.

Yes you noticed i need file hosting! I pm'd thunderfall.

As for the game, feel free to look at the screenshots in the first post.

To describe the game:

Civilizations:

America Led by Bush
Mexico Led by Calderon
Canada Led by Harper
Cuba Led by Castro Brothers
Rebel Coalition Led by Committee
Zapatistas Led by Marcos

Starting Era:

Modern.
week long turns

Ideologies:
Ideologies replace religion in Second Revolution. You have a "State Ideology", create Ideology buildings, and produce the "Activist" Units to spread your ideology. Ideology yields extra money and diplomatic assistance. Here is a list of the new Ideologies:

Anarchism
Autonomism
Communism
Conservatism
Nationalism
Neo-Liberalism

New Victory:
Ideological Victory occurs when you spread your ideas across 2/3 of the cities on the map. You can only attempt at spreading ideologies Civs that are peaceful with you.

Over 40 new units with graphics!
Almost 20 new buildings!
New Tech Tree!

Units:
With from the weakest, Protesters fighting back agains Riot Police, to the strongest, Rods from the Gods orbital bombardment, the units in Second Revolution are unique and powerful. While you can only have Rods From the Gods with the second to last tech, Space Weapons, and you can only have one (National Unit); you may build protesters in any city in only one turn (but you will lose population growth). There are many units to fit any appetite for conquest.

Mods Inside:
Dale's Combat Mod
GIR's Partisan Python Mod (modified by Fabrysse)

Custom Soundtrack:
If you loved the old versions soundtrack, you will love this one!!! ;)

Hello. This is my first post on a thread to a very deserving game. First i;d like to see this mod is very enjoyable and the music is great! Being a urban music lover of all sorts the soundtracks were great. Might I suggest a little Rage Aganst The Machine and Public Enemy for the anti establishment feel, specificly "fight the power" and "black steel in the hour of chaos". As a disgruntled teen of the 90's I have plenty of tunes if interested let me know. :) on to the game...

If it is at all possible I would give each rebellion section there own leader and specific units. The people of the the Southern US would have a seperate agenda then the West coast or Northeast (I.E. Disgruntled Blacks in N.O., MinuteMen on West, French Canadions in Quebec) Perhaps permmanent Vassals??? Expanding the Rebel land would be idea as well. Being a MP in charge of returning deserters i can tell you not everyone gave us the most patriotic welcome. Wyoming,Colorodo,Idaho(minus Boise) and certain parts of Indiana have sizable amount of distrust in Uncle Sam. Another expansion area would be Northern Mexico where drug cartels are running lawless and rampant. I dont want to be too picky cause this is my fav mod right now so keep up the good work! if you need any other suggestions let me know this mod certantly has potential! Oh and I found 2 misspellings for Milwaukee and Minneapolis. Viva La Revolucion!!

HutHutHike! said:
Hello. This is my first post on a thread to a very deserving game. First i;d like to see this mod is very enjoyable and the music is great! Being a urban music lover of all sorts the soundtracks were great. Might I suggest a little Rage Aganst The Machine and Public Enemy for the anti establishment feel, specificly "fight the power" and "black steel in the hour of chaos". As a disgruntled teen of the 90's I have plenty of tunes if interested let me know. :) on to the game...

see the vanilla civ4 version for rage ;)

If it is at all possible I would give each rebellion section there own leader and specific units. The people of the the Southern US would have a seperate agenda then the West coast or Northeast (I.E. Disgruntled Blacks in N.O., MinuteMen on West, French Canadions in Quebec) Perhaps permmanent Vassals??? Expanding the Rebel land would be idea as well. Being a MP in charge of returning deserters i can tell you not everyone gave us the most patriotic welcome. Wyoming,Colorodo,Idaho(minus Boise) and certain parts of Indiana have sizable amount of distrust in Uncle Sam. Another expansion area would be Northern Mexico where drug cartels are running lawless and rampant. I dont want to be too picky cause this is my fav mod right now so keep up the good work! if you need any other suggestions let me know this mod certantly has potential! Oh and I found 2 misspellings for Milwaukee and Minneapolis. Viva La Revolucion!!

thank you for those bugs, i can never spell those cities right :p

also i will add more screenshots to post #3. some production screenshots too.

Fabrysse said:
Garret,
The partisans Mod was created by GIR. I just modified it.
Now i remember. Thanks for giving the correct people their respect! :goodjob:

Announcement:
I played tonite on warlords for around 45 Turns

I had to stop playing so i saved it! I think that Ideological victory might be the only way to beat this game on Noble.

I can't load the worldbuilder save for whatever reason. I have never encountered something like this before. Yes, I'm patched.

I get the "Mods\Second Revolution 2.0\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring" error when I try to load the by double clicking the actual save file. It's in the Warlords Public Maps folder.

I can load the Mod itself just fine. But when I go to play a scenario, the Second_Revolution_2 map doesn't even show up.

I have made a map fix!

here it is: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=142809&d=1164064947

Sisonpyh said:
I can't load the worldbuilder save for whatever reason. I have never encountered something like this before. Yes, I'm patched.

I get the "Mods\Second Revolution 2.0\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring" error when I try to load the by double clicking the actual save file. It's in the Warlords Public Maps folder.

I can load the Mod itself just fine. But when I go to play a scenario, the Second_Revolution_2 map doesn't even show up.

Added new patch 2_1.2!!

Second Revolution 2_1.2 Patch

Victory and Balance changes

Made White House <NukeImmune> set to 1
<iMaxGlobalInstances> for Peacekeepers wonder set to only one
set <iDistanceMaintenanceModifier> for Totalitarianism to 0 (from +30)
made Manhattan Project buildable for cost 400
made Ideologies stats more "robust"
added cultural victory option
Changed UN voting values
changed AI tech values towards Rebellion and State Capitalism
Changed "Ideological victory" to needing 51% to win
Canged Domination to 66% to win of area.
Changed .ini to reflect new version

Map Changes

Fixed City Name Spelling errors
Moved Cuban Troop placement, so they don't all get nuked first turn
Took some units away from USA
Changed gamespeed from Normal to Epic
Added Well on Rebel oil
Added additional oil to Alaska
Changed Gamespeed to "Months"
Added Cultural Victory
200 turn limit
Allowed "speed" selection

I get a load of XML errors on once I have installed it, and then tried to load the mod.

Anything I could do to stop this and make it work?

Latest of Civ 4 and latest of Warlords.

do you have the mods latest patch? delete all of the Second Revolution 2.0 files, including the folder out of your mods folder in the warlords directory. then reinstall the mod and then the patch. restart warlords and see what it does.

Don't worry, it seems to be working now. :) Good mod.

Top Bottom