Roman Triarii 11/28/2006

Gaias

Earthman
Well after several months without internet connection, let alone a computer, I have started the Rome Total War conversions (and mods) again. With no so subtle reminders of Keroro , I have finished the Triarii unit from the roman units. I will be converting the Velites unit next.

Download

Well after several months without internet connection, let alone a computer, I have started the Rome Total War conversions (and mods) again. With no so subtle reminders of Keroro , I have finished the Triarii unit from the roman units. I will be converting the Velites unit next.
I didn't realise that my reminders were subtle. :mischief: At least I'm not an ever present taskmaster. :D But heck, if I knew that you had stopped for lack of a computer I would have brought you one myself.

Good to see the conversions are on track again. I will be downloading as soon as I get home tonight, looks very cool, and I particularly love the fidgit anim.

EDIT - Oh, and first post.

Nice one :thumbsup: Do you have a list of the conversions you're planning post-Velites?

Now (Oz heaves a great sigh) a stickler question: are there any copyright issues? I recall that Steph obtained permission before making his, e.g., American Conquests conversions.

Best,

Oz

Very nice; welcome back Gaias. :)

Looks great.:goodjob: Keep up the good work.:)

Can`t ever have enough roman units :cool:

Nice one, bud, been waiting for you to come back :)

I found that having a to-do list available to public makes me want to be less annoying. You know, a persons request is on the list, now all we have to do is wait in line. Some people may sneak in front of you, some may leave, but atleast you`re in the line and you are getting there. If Orthanc didn`t have a to-do list, I`d like.. chopp his pinky off or something ;)

How`s that for subtle? :mischief:

Nice one :thumbsup: Do you have a list of the conversions you're planning post-Velites?

Now (Oz heaves a great sigh) a stickler question: are there any copyright issues? I recall that Steph obtained permission before making his, e.g., American Conquests conversions.

Best,

Oz

Well that is a good question to ask and one that has got me thinking. Though I do give the Rome Total Realism team full credit, I haven't formally asked them if I could use their creations in this conversion. This of course is just bad etiquette on my part, and I think I will postpone anymore conversions until I get a reply from them. I think it would be for the best as such mod groups tend to disprove about others using their work, regardless of how it is used.

Yeah, I had sorta figured that the RTR team had abducted you after the first two conversions and put you to work rowing a galley for them in their mod. :whipped: Glad to see it isn't so. I may be confusing fantasy and real life there.

I'm home now and have downloaded the file, it looks even better in the game than it did in the preview, nice work. :goodjob:

Well that is a good question to ask and one that has got me thinking. Though I do give the Rome Total Realism team full credit, I haven't formally asked them if I could use their creations in this conversion. This of course is just bad etiquette on my part, and I think I will postpone anymore conversions until I get a reply from them. I think it would be for the best as such mod groups tend to disprove about others using their work, regardless of how it is used.

Yeah. You might want to take a look at Steph's "Credits" section in this post.

Best,

Oz

Yeah, I had sorta figured that the RTR team had abducted you after the first two conversions and put you to work rowing a galley for them in their mod. :whipped: Glad to see it isn't so. I may be confusing fantasy and real life there.

I'm home now and have downloaded the file, it looks even better in the game than it did in the preview, nice work. :goodjob:

Thanks Keroro! Its always nice to have at least one admirer. :lol:

Well when I first made the Hastati and Principes units, my understand on how to make the proper palette for the units was to say the least lacking. Now that I understand better how to make a good palette, most of my units will not have any colour bleeding with the alpha blending.

I actually have redone the Hastati and Principes to be more consistant with the new techniques that I have developed for the conversion. Once I get word from the RTR team I will be posting them and asking Thunderfall to remove the older versions (as someone posted them in the download in my place).

Also the animations that you see with the Triarii and the other units that I post, will most likely be the staple for all the other unit conversion. Considering that even those that have skill say making new animations for RTW is difficult, I am only using the stock animations that come with the game. That and considering I am an absolute novice when it comes to 3d programs.:p

Can`t ever have enough roman units :cool:

Nice one, bud, been waiting for you to come back :)

I found that having a to-do list available to public makes me want to be less annoying. You know, a persons request is on the list, now all we have to do is wait in line. Some people may sneak in front of you, some may leave, but atleast you`re in the line and you are getting there. If Orthanc didn`t have a to-do list, I`d like.. chopp his pinky off or something ;)

How`s that for subtle? :mischief:

Ah yes... The ever mindful taskmaster Stormrage :run: :whipped: Yes sir! Get right on it sir! A post for unit conversion request coming right up for you sir! :D As soon as I have this issue about permission cleared up.

A great unit. :goodjob:
...But I don't have RTW!! You're spoiling it for me!

Awesome! I was very much looking forward to the Velitus, but I think you do the right thing in waiting for permission to go any further.

Top Bottom