Roman Velites 12/01/2006

Gaias

Earthman
Well I finally finished this unit! Just a few more roman units to go and I will done that line. I think the thrown javelin is kinda wonky as it was my first attempt at actually animating anything from scratch. It looks ok from a distance when use as a bombard, but goes over units heads when used in combat. Meh. Better luck next time. :p

Well I updated the attacka and attackb animation. I am fairly satisfied with the way the throwing animation turned out and will leave it at that.

Download

I like the thrown javelin anim very much, though I guess it would work best as a ranged attack. Though if you do that you wouldn't be able to use the other attack.

What's next for the Romans?

Whoo, first post, I seem to have a knack for this now.

You know. . .these conversions are fantastic! I just wish we could alter that "top-down" view we have of them. . . :(

You know. . .these conversions are fantastic! I just wish we could alter that "top-down" view we have of them. . . :(

Fantastic.... understatement :mischief: . "I'm looking for righteous and kick a$$."

Think Joe Dirt said that....:confused:

Thanks for all the comments guys. Definitely makes it worthwhile to slave through arduous task of these conversions.

Well I know what I did wrong with the javelin throw and will be uploading a fixed version soon. I was in a hurry to get this unit done as I am trying to get all my base animations finished.

I will be doing the Equites next, as it is a horse unit and is more difficult to convert considering it is multiple models.

I will be doing the Equites next, as it is a horse unit and is more difficult to convert considering it is multiple models.
I'll be interested to see if your cavalry comes out OK. I had a feeling that they might be more difficult to convert, and now I feel quite guilty about requesting companion cavalry. Sorry.

Eques = singular.
Equites = plural.

My old latin teacher rolls in his grave.

;)

Hey! Don't blame me for the bad latin as these are the names the Rome Total Realism people use for their units. :p I am just using there naming convention as it is. Besides, isn't a single unit is CivIII a general representation of many men within that unit? :mischief:

! (I guess that's what I get for reading threads in order of last to first, I thought you weren't going to do Mr. Veles [whoops, earlier thought he was a Velitus or something dumb] until some kind of permission thing kicked in. Ach, whatever, I ain't complaining.)

YAY!

I'm not sure if anyone else had this problem, or if I have a corrupted file or what, but the civilopedia pics for the unit seem a bit wierd - anyone else had a look at that?

Ares is correct, as I speak latin, Im in Latin 2, and Ares, Latin rules doesnt it! with these new units for the Imperium, Pax Romana shall stay!!!!

Top Bottom