Acid_04: The final frontier

acidsatyr

be water my friend...

Alright, let’s spice it up a notch. All settings are standard, Play Now.

Difficulty level: Deity
Map type: Fractal
Map size: Normal
Climate: Temp
Game speed: Normal
Civilization: Egypt (creative + spiritual).
Victory conditions: All enabled. All allowed.
Opponents: Random, standard number.
Barbs: On

Please note: version is 2.08. Also, Blake’s AI patch is included. Have a look here, DL and install. It takes a second.

In the light of a new and improved creative trait, I think it is one the best, if not the best, earliest trait you can have, imo. In fact I really miss the old vanilla Cyrus.

I don’t need to do much explanation for spiritual trait. At this level I hope it will prove to be powerful.
UU is excellent as well, but it’s either hit or miss.

Ok, here's the roll. Not bad, i hope the rest of the terrain doesn't suck. I suggest settle in place (I can’t recall the last time generator put my settler on forested hill).

As far as research goes, I see Hunting -> Animal Husbandry for now.

Please, please, I don’t need to mention this is hard level and quality discussion is of the utmost importance.

Wild Egyptian Team consists of:
---------
acidsatyr AKA Seth
Mutineer AKA The Scorpion King
ThERat AKA Imhotep
Blake AKA Duamutef
Mark AKA Wepwawet
Uberfish AKA Sobek

I'd be willing to give this a try. I haven't beaten deity. Haven't tried much as I have no idea how to keep up in the tech race on deity but I’m willing to be punished.

I've been waiting for someone to try this, should be fun to watch. Are you going to pick a specific version of the AI patch or keep upgrading as Blake makes improvements?

Darrell

Alright, alright people, come down :D

I was trying to assamble my old acid_03 team, those <waiting...> should have been <reserved...>. Since Qwack can't play, i will give his spot to Blake. Mark1031, if the last guy quits, you'r in.

Ok, Blake, your in.
The best way to beat your own patch, is to play it yourself!! :D

Roster:
---------
acidsatyr AKA Seth
Mutineer AKA The Scorpion King
ThERat AKA Imhotep
<reserved>
Blake AKA Duamutef

I'd be willing to give this a try. I haven't beaten deity. Haven't tried much as I have no idea how to keep up in the tech race on deity but I&#8217;m willing to be punished.

Blake, when do you plan to spit out the next patch?
I guess we'll stick with the current one, it's not like this will be a walk in the park

Use the latest. It's a VERY good build with a lot of improvements, not so much for deity level but it should be interesting anyway.

I see you just released it yesterday, care to point out differences between this and your last update?

The changelog summarizes it well.
Most the effects are actually on prince and easier, Deity hasn't changed much.
The other effects are mostly start point generation which are N/A to a start already generated.

The leaders of Isabella and Saladin will likely use a more appropriate strategy.
The AI will be less obsessive about wonders, they waste a lot of hammers failing to get wonders. That is fixed and is possibly the largest change.

Anyway since 12/12 is basically a big, fairly stable release and also one I'd really like to get testing done on I don't see any reason not to use it.

Imhotep checking in

Deity with Blake's AI ??? :eek: :eek: thought it was immortal or so...well, with Blake himself in the team, it might work out. He could give us very good advise.

Also, it's funny to see Mutineer and Blake in one team given the recent discussion about BetterAI ;)

The start looks nice, we will need archery soon due to barbs, I guess

Ok I started the game, nothing to discuss at this point.

So I installed the latest AI patch. Notice that now there are three new and different suggestions, supposedly better than the first one, on where to place the city. They are ridiculous. I choose to settle in place, as it seems far superior. I can&#8217;t comprehend why I would ever want to settle on top of ivory&#8230;

4000bc
----------

Settle and start worker [12]. Start hunting [7].
We have cows in fat cross, and spices.
Obviously made a great choice by settling in space.

3920bc
----------
Pop 45 from hut.

3880bc
----------
Next turn borders expand and there is gold just north of us.

3800bc
----------
Meet Wang Kong.

3760bc
-----------
Ragnar.

3720bc
-----------
And next turn Roosevelt. He is JUST left from us. Start AH [11].

3520bc
-----------
Worker done, building camp. Start warrior [8]. Delhi is size 2 in 8 as well.

3440bc
-----------
Wang switches to Hinduism.
3280bc
--------
Well we got lucky. There are horses, just near that gold. There are horses south of capital as well.
Buddhism founded.
So, AH is in , started mining[8]

3000bc
----------
Mining is in, I start fishing [5]. One S of crabs seems most natural, but we need to work it in order to work both gold and horses.

2800bc
---------
Fishing is in. I start BW [14]. We must know if we have metal around.

2600bc
----------
This is where I stop.
Mutineer you have honor of building our 2nd (and probably last city).
I didn&#8217;t do lot of exploring, just trying to clear the fog so we can safely plant the city without having to get archers.

Worker is ready to build pasture, and then mine the hill. I think we should start another worker in capital once it reaches size 3.

I guess as far as research goes, writing -> alphabet seems natural.

We have really nice starting position lets make sure we use it to our adventage.

Roster
------
acidsatyr AKA Seth
Mutineer AKA The Scorpion King <-next
ThERat AKA Imhotep
Blake AKA Duamutef
Mark AKA Wepwawet
<reserved>?

ok, first off, I wanted to start warlords to update it to 2.08 (never played with the patch) and it crashes before starting up...going to reinstall now

second: are we going to settle 1 tile norhtwest to grab horses and 2 sea resources and try to grab gold with a 3rd city? Are we going for a chariot/axe rush to take on one of the enemies? I think we better have a consensus about that

That&#8217;s why I didn&#8217;t settle that city. However, I still think we should grab both horses and gold in one city. Horses are greater priority if you ask me, but then we have to wait another set of turns to get that gold online AND we are not guarantied that will get it since everyone is so close. It would be a major bummer if we lost it to someone else in front of us.. I say forget about that fish for now and grab crab, gold and horses. That way we get gold quickly, and don&#8217;t have to waste shield for settler, rather chariots. Maybe we can pull rush, we have to see what units our closest Ai has&#8230;

Looks like an interesting game here. I would have loved to play, but considering the holidays and that I already have one SG going, I am probably already overextended, but I will lurk.

I choose to settle in place, as it seems far superior. I can&#8217;t comprehend why I would ever want to settle on top of ivory&#8230;
I sometimes settle on Ivory because it provides an extra hammer in the center tile. But really an ivory camp is not much better than a windmilled grassland hill or watermilled grassland tile.

I say forget about that fish for now and grab crab, gold and horses. That way we get gold quickly, and don&#8217;t have to waste shield for settler, rather chariots. Maybe we can pull rush, we have to see what units our closest Ai has&#8230;

Getting the gold and the horses online ASAP is so much more important than the fish. Larger Happy cap and War Chariots will make all the difference. With that fur not too far away it looks like you guys have a number of nice ancient era happy resources. Maybe you got a fighting chance ;).

I hope other teammates will start chipping in suggestions as well.

Qwack, if you&#8217;re reading this, if you want to play this couple of turnsets its fine with me, uber is not showing up. I'll put you at the end of list. If you have time to play cool, if not, cool again.

Top Bottom