The old world for ViSa - 500 BC

This is a map based on Genghis Kais cut down of his Giant earth map.

It will include the following 16 civs (for now):

Abyssinia
Babylonia
Carthage
Celtia
China
Egypt
Greece
India
Israel
Japan
Korea
Nubia
Persia
Phenicia
Rome
Scythia

It will also include 12 of the 15 additional ViSa resources (except Tobaco, Potatoes and Rubber).

The two remaining civs are filled according to strategic thoughts and player wishes, though I won't make new civs. This is a map project only!

EDIT: v002 of the two maps are done. The second map is a very small map of the mediterranean theater including only 10 civs.

Changes: Added 3 rubber on the big map to the far east. Small map set to standard size (anyone a better idea?). Still no rubber on the small map.

This is a map based on Genghis Kais cut down of his Giant earth map.

It will include the following 16 civs (for now):

Abyssinia
Babylonia
Carthage
Celtia
China
Egypt
Greece
India
Israel
Japan
Korea
Nubia
Persia
Phenicia
Rome
Scythia

It will also include 12 of the 15 additional ViSa resources (except Tobaco, Potatoes and Rubber).

The two remaining civs are filled according to strategic thoughts and player wishes, though I won't make new civs. This is a map project only!

Where is the download? :)

Why not those 3 resources? and what are the 12 additional resources? I could not find out from the ViSa thread.

Rubber is necessary for certain units :(
Without rubber modern units are not make-able ...

Good work !

180x180 Map ? I presume

The download was added just now by me as I a few minutes ago finished the first draft of those maps.

Morfydd is correct, the excluded resources are old world resources (and afaik there is no corn either in the old world map, but I could be wrong).

About rubber: for now I excluded it, though if you can give me an good hint where to place it I might add it later on.

Included resources are:

olives, cotton, hemp, salt, coffee, sulphur, pearls, lemons, barley, natural gas and ancient temples.

The smaller map doesn't have all of them though either.

hmmn rubber good placement is within the tropical zones so southeast asia india cambodia indoesia central africa or basically anywhwere you would normally find jungle terrain...
rubber should no longer needed as a resource once plastics is discovered <most of the first plastics were/are synthetic rubber compounds devloped during ww2 and korea to reduce dependance on no native growable resources>

on rethinkign can stick rubber in the far east islands and keep it off the mainland altogether <some rubber was found to be native in the southern pacific near the equater>

Rubber is needed for certain modern unit :(

The download was added just now by me as I a few minutes ago finished the first draft of those maps.

Morfydd is correct, the excluded resources are old world resources (and afaik there is no corn either in the old world map, but I could be wrong).

About rubber: for now I excluded it, though if you can give me an good hint where to place it I might add it later on.

Included resources are:

olives, cotton, hemp, salt, coffee, sulphur, pearls, lemons, barley, natural gas and ancient temples.

The smaller map doesn't have all of them though either.

I see.

Yeah, as others already pointed out, rubber should be included in south east asia, in particular indonesia and malaysia.

To be perfect, may I suggest you to obtain statistics for those additional resources for better placement? But I know it takes time.

Top Bottom