(Semi-OT) FfH forum game awareness

Xuenay

Prince
Here are some FfH-related forum games for those of you who haven't been keeping track. I thought that since several of these games are scattered on non-FfH sections of the site, a central list of them might be in order.

This list will be updated regularly to reflect the current status of the different games. (If I forget, poke me.)

Night of the Werewolves
Played in: Forum games section

NotW games are reincarnations of the classic game Mafia (AKA Werewolf), played here on the forums with a Fall from Heaven flavor and a varying number of extra special rules thrown in to complicate matters. For those who don't know, Werewolf is a game where part of a village's inhabitants are turned into werewolves who come out at night to kill people. In retaliation, the villagers choose one person from among themselves to be lynched each day. Of course, since the villagers don't actually know who the werewolves are, there's plenty of paranoia and finger-pointing to go around. Once there is an equal amount of villagers and werewolves, the werewolves can come out in the open to slaughter the villagers - otherwise, the villagers win when they lynch the last werewolf. (At least, that's how it goes in theory... Night of the Werewolves III included plenty of "+1 to side X for purposes of endgame strength determination" special items.)

Night of the Werewolves I. Run by Kael. 15 villagers, 3 werewolves. Human victory with four survivors.
Night of the Werewolves II. Run by Bad Player. 12 villagers, 3 werewolves. Werewolf victory.
Night of the Werewolves III. Run by Unser Giftzwerg. 16 villagers, 3 werewolves. Human victory with eleven survivors.
Night of the Werewolves IV. Run by thomas.berubeg. 15 villagers, 3 werewolves. Werewolf victory.
Night of the Werewolves V - Fall of the Luchuirp. Run by Jono and Chandrasekhar. 27 villagers, 3 werewolves (with one convert later on). Werewolf victory.
Night of the Werewolves VI - Terror in the Khazad Fortress. Run by Xuenay. 20 villagers, 3 werewolves (with one convert later on), 1 Ashen Veil traitor. Werewolf victory.
Night of the Werewolves VII - Dark Side of the Sun. Part one, part two. Run by Chandrasekhar. 4 evil werewolves (and one good one), 23 villagers. Human victory with eight honest survivors and four escapees.
Night of the Werewolves VIII. Run by Unser Giftzwerg. Under development.
Night of the Werewolves IX - Ride for Ruin. Run by Brisingamen. Human victory with eleven survivors.
Night of the Werewolves X - A Tab in the Ocean. Run by Jono.
Night of the Werewolves XI - Wolves Among Lost Sheep Run by Nero's Fire.
NOTW XII - The Name of the Rose, run by thomas.berubeg
NOTW XIII - The Sound of Screaming, run by Kol7
NOTW XIV - The Court of the Crimson King, run by thomas.berubeg. Taking sign-ups.

Erebus
Played in: Forum games section. Home thread.

A forum-based role-playing game.

Erebus
Erebus II: The Heart of Winter

Succession Games
Played in: Main FfH forum, Civ 4 Succession Games section

In a succession game, one player plays the game for a set amount of turns before saving and sending his saved game to the next player, who also plays the same amount of turns before sending it on. Simple, no?

Several succession games have been played so far. I have probably missed a couple - if so, do inform me.

FFH-01: Fall From Heaven Fantasy SG. Fall from Heaven 1, version 1.0. Initial players: Hamtastic, Sina, omni_paul, Xtream_Rockstar. Finished: Conquest Victory in the year 311.
FfH-02: Phase 2 Teaser. Fall from Heaven 2, version 110f (internal pre-release). Participating: Chalid, Corlindale, Loki, woodelf. Unfinished: supposedly due to technical troubles in 166, though the archives of this forum say otherwise.
FfH-03: FfH2 Latest Release Teaser. Fall from Heaven 2, version 110g (internal pre-release). Participating: Chalid, Corlindale, Loki, woodelf. Finished: Conquest Victory in 288.
FfH-04: Mad Culture. Fall from Heaven 2, version not mentioned. Participating: FfH Design Team. (Un)finished: CTD one turn before a Cultural Victory.
FfH-05: Religious cleansing, convert or die! Fall from Heaven 1, version 1.0f. Participating: DarthCycle, Xtream Rockstar, Good Sauce. Unfinished: Technical trouble & players losing interest.
FfH2-05 : Warriors for Hire. Participating: Chalid, wilboman, loki, woodelf, Kael. Fall from Heaven 2, version 0.13. Unfinished: Reason unknown.
Succession Game. Never got off the ground.

Night of the Werewolves
Played in: Forum games section

NotW games are reincarnations of the classic game Mafia (AKA Werewolf), played here on the forums with a Fall from Heaven flavor and a varying number of extra special rules thrown in to complicate matters. For those who don't know, Werewolf is a game where part of a village's inhabitants are turned into werewolves who come out at night to kill people. In retaliation, the villagers choose one person from among themselves to be lynched each day. Of course, since the villagers don't actually know who the werewolves are, there's plenty of paranoia and finger-pointing to go around. Once there is an equal amount of villagers and werewolves, the werewolves can come out in the open to slaughter the villagers - otherwise, the villagers win when they lynch the last werewolf. (At least, that's how it goes in theory... Night of the Werewolves III included plenty of "+1 to side X for purposes of endgame strength determination" special items.)
come Sign up for th game, we only need to more, and i expect to start wednsday, if at all possible
sincerely
thomas.berubeg

At least I'lll be co-writing it. Should be good practice. I'd like to get in a game of my own for number VII. See, Duin actually has a reason to visit the Malakim. :groucho:

Well, either way, there's an empty slot in NotW4 if anyone wants to be a village idiot.
NotW5 is half full, so if you want to join, you can be: the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker (yes, I did), the enchantress, the acolyte, the mayor, the mayor's wife, the page, the architect, the weaver, the midwife, the farm manager, the build instructor or the brewmaster.

Doesn't Kael keep you in some kind of cage, work monkey? :lol:

NotW5 is kicking it up a notch. With 30 characters, 3 of while are wolves and a guillotine (instead of a gallows), you can now live in fear and almost be certain you're massacring innocent people!

Hopefully you change the voting to maek it so many more are massacred--if any villager is suspected by at lest 20% of teh village, they die.
Or something like that.

Meaning that 5 people could die a day? No thanks ^^. I'm going to be using the original voting system (unless I change my mind).

Meaning that 5 people could die a day? No thanks ^^. I'm going to be using the original voting system (unless I change my mind).

Exactly. Anyone with a few friends can try to get rid of anyone they suspect. I mean if you're gonna be using a guillotine, then you mgiht as well use all of the French Revolution rules.

Top Bottom