[PY] Combat Experience Counter

NeverMind

Proud to be Russian
Files removed. You can find a better version of this code in Main Screen Mod!

The Combat Experience Counter, usually available as additional info in Military Advisor Screen, now made visible directly on Main Game Screen (see the picture above). Simple as that. :D

For modders: you can easily find two small blocks of code with my comments in CvMainInterface.py.

For players: Unpack the file to your CustomAssets folder. It works for Warlords 2.00-2.08.

The Combat Experience Counter, usually available as additional info in Military Advisor Screen, now made visible directly on Main Game Screen (see the picture above). Simple as that. :D

For modders: you can easily find two small blocks of code with my comments in CvMainInterface.py.

For players: Unpack the file to your CustomAssets folder. It works for Warlords 2.00-2.08.

I just did the quick WinMerge, and CvMainInterface.py did change a bit from 2.00 to 2.08. Are you sure this is compatible with both versions? Which version did you actually work from?

Integrated this into my mod...

Upcoming version also available at civfanatics :)

Gaurav, yes, i know about 2.00-2.08 differences in mainscreen file. I don't think it's essential, at least for single player. Not tested with 2.00, though. And the counter made with 208 file.

Caesium, that's good news! :goodjob: And I should thank you for the sience\turn counter in your mod . It inspired me to write this bit of code. ;)

Please dont encourage players to put files in their custom assets directory. Since custom assets are loaded after mod files you will break any mod that has its own CvMainInterface.py file.

Please dont encourage players to put files in their custom assets directory. Since custom assets are loaded after mod files you will break any mod that has its own CvMainInterface.py file.
In my opinion this is wrong.

As I encountered, the settings in CustomAssets don't override existing files in the modpack.

In my opinion this is wrong.

As I encountered, the settings in CustomAssets don't override existing files in the modpack.

I think the Mods folder overrides CustomAssets, not the other way around. This means only if a file is in CustomAssets but not in the mod, it will be loaded. This is provided you are not using multiplayer or "Lock Modified Assets". So it is probably okay for a simple unaltered gameplay component like this with no dependencies. But still, I feel having files in both locations is asking for trouble.

Both of my modpacks give the choice to the user where he wants to install it, and are designed to work either way.

I think if you are running a modpack (ie. something in the Assets\Mods folder) then CustomAssets are ignored. I assume CustomAssets\Mods folder works the same.

I've read posts for mod components where the instructions say "download this other 'common' dll or mod component and put it in your CustomAssets" while running the mod. I don't think it is a good idea, however, so I never actually did that. I just assumed they were compatible and blindly merged them.

I know the HOF Mod enforces that nothing is loaded from CustomAssets or that the mod's Assets have not been altered.

Mod files beat the same files in CustomAssets, but other files from CA aren't ignored by mod. Priority chain for every file while loading any mod is: MyModAssets - CustomAssets - GameAssets.

I use some of my own and other components in CA while running RFC, for example.

So, please, dont encourage me not to encourage players to put files in their custom assets. :D

Mod files beat the same files in CustomAssets, but other files from CA aren't ignored by mod. Priority chain for every file while loading any mod is: MyModAssets - CustomAssets - GameAssets.

I use some of my own and other components in CA while running RFC, for example.

So, please, dont encourage me not to encourage players to put files in their custom assets. :D

Even more specifically, the GameAssets portion consists of Warlords/Assets -> Assets, at least when playing Warlords.

Top Bottom