Turns 1-20

Tubby Rower

Chronic Slacker
Discussions about the path to take is in the Starting Screenshot thread.

I'll keep this initial post updated with the happenings of this turn-group.

Spoiler happenings :

we got our settler out and are well on our way to finishing our granary.

well.. it appears as though we are going to be ok. :D

now to me waiting 10 turns before being able to access that cow is ok. It appears to be jungle on the other side of the NW river so I would argue settling in place is absolutely the best option.

thoughts? I have the game open here at work on a spare laptop and can finish the turn whenever we decide. I could also play the turn tomorrow AM if a decision can't be reached by 2:30 pm EST today

Attachments

• lovery.jpg
    lovery.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 203
sweet...settle on the spot I'd say

I'm for moving NE, focus on the early game for the time being is how I like to play things.

with all of that jungle up there? we had disease last game and it hurt bad. I'd rather as least FP/jungle as possible.

Yes, that sort of decided things. Settle in place, we probably should gamble on not being afflicted by disease. Looks like we should be able to bring a good (4 turn?) settler factory up and running in no time. I will bring out the planner and post a suggestion later. Waiting for a picture of the full city allocation of tiles first.

Yes, if it had not been for the jungle I would have suggested moving NE too. But not now.

Didn't think it was jungles, going with the team.

Didn't think it was jungles, going with the team.

didn't mean to stifle your idea Beorn... I just didn't want the disease to crop up again. I assume that everyone is ok with starting writing @ 100%

Sure, go with writing. When do you recon we are up again? And after the next turn how long between turns is it usually in these Demo games?

Could we have access to the save for planning, or at least a screen shot of the final situation?

the initial turn will be decently long.. so I expect maybe Saturday unless everyone isn't dealing with the same dilemma as what we had.

after that, most teams will play as soon as they can until ~ turn 15 or so and then it will slow down to ~ 3 teams playing every 2 days.

here you go... I'll quit the turn in about 20 minutes just in case I need to do something else.

Here is my turn log btw

• move worker N & spot Whomp's relatives and flood plains
  • settle in place (moved citizen from forest to rivered BG)
  • set research rate @ 100%
  • started researching Writing

Attachments

• hef.jpg
    hef.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 222
Should we mine and road?

If we only road, we have time to irrigate the cow before culture expansion, so that we have a 5fpt deal from turn 10. Otherwise we gain a few shields and lose a turn on first growth if I'm not mistaken. So I'd road and move.

About writing, it sounds really good, we have an advantage (AGR) over korea right now (SCI doesn't help them yet) so we should get it first.

I'm inclined to agree. finishing up the turn now.

save is sent off to the Council

Should we mine and road?

If we only road, we have time to irrigate the cow before culture expansion, so that we have a 5fpt deal from turn 10. Otherwise we gain a few shields and lose a turn on first growth if I'm not mistaken. So I'd road and move.

About writing, it sounds really good, we have an advantage (AGR) over korea right now (SCI doesn't help them yet) so we should get it first.

I will try to work on the spreadsheet in a couple of hours time. Will post a suggested plan for discussion when I have juggled with the options a bit.

here is what I have come up with.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 241
We'd lose a turn on second growth if we don't irrigate, just replace the 5's by 4's and you don't add up to 20 in 5 turns. In the grand scheme of things, this will be worth the extra shield when we hit pop 8 or 9, but most of all we grow 1 turn faster towards the first settler.

I did see something else. If you work a forest immediately after the warrior build for 1 turn and then again for the first 3 turns at pop 2... you'll get the settler 1 turn earlier. I know that doesn't make too much of a difference, but that's one more turn that we could be building military to protect all of these settlers that we will be building.

OK guys, my first plan. pretty similar to your beginning Tubby but I avoid the FP and run the town at size 3-4 only to avoid the need for additional Lux/garrison. The second chop is in a tile with bg according to CivAssist so no need to move to the second known bg, thus making it a perfect settler factory. I had some problems finding a good solution until I checked CivAssist for any bg forests.
After 2310BC the worker if free to assist developing other towns and I guess we will continue running this settler factory for a long time.

Top Bottom