MapTruncator v01 (pre-beta)

Kalderus

Chieftain
Hallo Lads and Gents

ive make a little tool to truncate os crop maps...

Features:
  • u can crop a area from a bigger map: example => u have a 100x100 plot map and crop an area of NNxNN on each position

• this tool reads the plot-section of a CivWarlordsWBSave or Civ4WorldBuilderSave and get folowing values:
    • x/y pos
    • isXOfRiver
    • RiverXXDirection
    • FeatureType and FeatureVariety
    • TerrainType
    • PlotType
  • all other values would be deletet in this version...
  • + u get at the end a picture of ur crop erea, Shor Map Infos (grid width, grid height, num plots written) and the PlotList...
  • what u must do is...
    • copy PlotList from MapTruncator-Output (below the crop picture) and reaplace the PlotList in ur CivWarlordsWBSave or Civ4WorldBuilderSave File.
    • copy relevant Map Infos in ur file
    • dont forget ur civ-start-positions...
    • think thats all

ToDO:
  • needful things

REQUIREMENTS:

this tool ist a php and javascript tool... u NEED:
  • an apache server or other server with php > 5.0 and the gd-libs (get XAMPP)
  • FireFox 1.5.0.9 (i only test in it, but try others)
  • activated javascript1.2 (?)

INSTALATION:

1. install XAMPP (apache destr)
  2. unzip the View attachment MapTruncator.zip to the HTDOCS folder (Expample: c:\xampp\htdocs\MapTurncator\)
  3. start ur browser with URL: "http://localhost/Maptruncator/".. lets go

ATTENTION:
a file u will upload is only a copy, the result is on screen

UPDATE: 6. Jan 2006 (version 05)

ADDED:

* graphical outfit updated
* all WBFile-Data will be read an write (improvements, units, citys...)
* map-legend
* terrain: all standart terrain-types and hills and mountains added
* map-data will be updated... grid width,grid height and num plots written
* starting position not supportet (u must look for right positions in player data)

Next Steps:

* map cleaner (u can delete some things u dont need...)
* set starting positions...
* ... needful things

ATTANTION: please delete the old version from ur htdoc folder... and extract there this View attachment MapTruncator.zip version...

Thx

GoodGames

greets

Kalderus

PS: sorry for my bad english... i work on it (since 20 years:crazyeye: )

ok here some screens...from version 05

Attachments

• shot01.JPG
    shot01.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 161
  • shot02.JPG
    shot02.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 231
  • shot03.JPG
    shot03.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 200
thx,

current i work on next steps:

* display all map informations like hills, units...
* read and output all WBFile-Data
* clean up a map i.e. deleta all improvements or roads or TeamReveals
* set start positions

in future i want add:

* edit/add Teams and Player data
* edit/add map data
* edit/add game info data

and i want to make this tool mouse usable... its posible with javascript :crazyeye:

umm.. how does this work now? i see a box in the upper left and i cant seem to get it to select an area to "truncate" the map. it just remains there OFF the map. map cleaner doesnt work either. also save features, i see none. HELP!!!

EDIT: internet explorer obviously wasn't the browser you were talking about. hehe i feel stupid.

Hi Fiend777Fits

im sorry, but i dont more work on this browser-tool. current i make a new version for windows and primaly for bts...

but for this version u use, its important to use the firefox browser and u must make javascript ON in the browser...

then u can move with the arrow-buttons the truncate-area and press then the button to truncate this area...

then u get a plotlist of this area... if u copy only the plots in ur map-file u can use it very good... it works only this way

im sorry for stop this project:cry:, but a new is comming in the near future...;)

Hi Fiend777Fits

im sorry, but i dont more work on this browser-tool. current i make a new version for windows and primaly for bts...

but for this version u use, its important to use the firefox browser and u must make javascript ON in the browser...

then u can move with the arrow-buttons the truncate-area and press then the button to truncate this area...

then u get a plotlist of this area... if u copy only the plots in ur map-file u can use it very good... it works only this way

im sorry for stop this project:cry:, but a new is comming in the near future...;)
yeah i figured it out. thanks for this tool. and keep up the good work

Top Bottom