Europa Universalis III.

Ulyaoth

Emperor
I can't wait for it, I've never played any paradox games before, but quite a while ago, on this exact forum, someone posted an AAR of a game as Milan I think, where he united Italy, colonized America, etc. and it got me incredibly interested in the game. Still, I couldn't find the game, so I never got to play it, and I kind of perceived the game to be a bit too static with the events happening no matter what, so I kind of put it off. I thought of getting Doomsday, but, well, didn't. But with the new dynamic stuff, the events and random monarchs and new map and such, got me really wanting this game.

Anway, Once the demo comes out this Wednesday, I'll be downloading right away, and playing for hours, probably making me fail my midterms, until I get the chance to go out and buy the game the week after that. Probably play as Bavaria first, to get the hang of the game, maybe Austria, I'll decide in the demo.

I've never played a Paradox game before either, and I am really looking forward to the demo. I can blame Kan and others with their AARs getting me fascinated with the series.

Anway, Once the demo comes out this Wednesday, I'll be downloading right away, and playing for hours, probably making me fail my midterms, until I get the chance to go out and buy the game the week after that. Probably play as Bavaria first, to get the hang of the game, maybe Austria, I'll decide in the demo.

Dude, no amount of digital pleasure can equal edumacation. Play AFTER mid terms ;)

Luckily for you, EU III will be released on the 23rd. I don't think I'll be able to get it then, but it looks like it'll be very good. Currently an owner of EU II and Victoria.

EU III Gamespot page

I'm really looking forward to it too. Hopefully the demo will be a good experience!

I can't wait for the demo! I own EU2, Crusader Kings and Victoria, and I'm so eager to get this game too. I think I'll start as Sweden, and if possible give Finland independence.

The problem is, we have one computer that may run it, an it's my brother's. Yes, may run it. My heart is broken if it doesn't work.

Less than 48 hours to the demo, and 8-10 days until my preordered CE arrives :-D

And count me among those who can blame this forum for becoming Paradox addicts. KD's fault, I think - his Japan Victoria AAR some years back started me looking at the Paradox games; which got me to pick up EU II and Victoria (and later, Doomsday). Two of these have been on top of my to-install list on each of my new computer ever since (Victoria, not so much - too much micromanagement and annoying stuff in it).

Can't wait for EU III :-D

Also, nice to see Gamespot advertising the demo - they sent out a broad email to their subscribers advertising the new demo, and they have an ad for it on their front page as well.

(By the way, if any of the fans here are over on the P-dox forum, I'm GuillaumeHJ (yes, the Unofficial FAQ maintainer) over there.)

Too bad the demo is Europe-exclusive. I can't wait to have fun with Japan and her new 20-province (or so) setup :-D.

Really? Do you know anything more about the demo, like time-span, number of playable nations and so on?

It's taking place from I think 1490 to 1520, you can play anyone in Europe I think, but the whole world is open I thikn. From what I gathered anyway.

"All the western nations from 1492 to 1520", per Gamespot.

You also get select Tutorial chapters.

I am looking foward to this, I will probably get it at some point sooner rather than later.

Like Subi, I blame Kan, Dell, Olav and others for getting me interested, with all those damned AARs. :D

I will buy soon, but not right away like with M2TW and Civ 4. Need to wait a little for the price to drop down :)

I've got a $50 gift card for EB, so I'll probably get it within a week of it coming out.

I can blame Kan and others with their AARs getting me fascinated with the series.

Like Subi, I blame Kan, Dell, Olav and others for getting me interested, with all those damned AARs. :D

:lol: Blame Dell, if it wasn't for one of his EU2 AAR's I wouldn't have started my own HoI ones.

Demo sounds very generous, so it would be foolish of me not to take a look. Hopefully it'll be a great game.

By the way, for those of you not on the P-dox forums, these may prove of some interest...CE screenshots, including large parts of the wall map that comes with it.

Attachments

• Collector Edition 2.JPG
    Collector Edition 2.JPG
    463.8 KB · Views: 480
  • Collector Edition 1.jpg
    Collector Edition 1.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 247
You get a wall map with the game? :crazyeye:

That's insane.

Top Bottom