[MODCOMP] See My GP Flavor (rainbow techtree)

ollj

Warlord
SeeMyGPFlavor changes techtree technology colors to a "rainbow techtree",
based on 6 flavors of a technology, it also shows what Great person gives what techs.

Now you can SEE in the techtree what technology you will get from what great person type just by thinking of color coded great persons.

(Some flavours are closer to another and complementary/distant to other flavours IN GENERAL.
I hue/rainbow colored the technology flavours and also general great person preferences.
Code:
religion   = great prophet   = red
cultural   = great artist    = cyan/purple
science    = great scientist = blue
military   = great general   = magenta/bright blue   (warlords only)
production = great engineer  = green
gold       = great merchant  = yellow
growdth    = NONE            = OUT OF COLORS AYWAYS  (2nd addon I bet)
researched, researching and beelined techs are brighter and have less saturation than unresearched and "other/unresearchable" techs.

SeeMyGPFlavor ignores all advisor types, it does NOT have just 6 colors for 6 advisors, it mixes colors to a rainbow like flavors are mixed. (each tech has ONE of 6 advisor type ONLY to help newbies)
SeeMyGPFlavor ignores flavor_growdth because ithere is no Great person for growdth but it includes flavor military for great generals even if (or because) they do not give techs.
SeeMyGPFlavor is made by ollj and based on "PJMOD" (from PJayTycy ?) from "C4AC" (civ4 Alpha centauri mod) which changes techs, and arrow, colors based on the dominant flavor only.

---Install:---
SeeMyGPFlavor goes into the Warlords/Mods folder to be played as a mod.
SeeMyGPFlavor only changes CvTechChooser.py and all changes are marked for merging.
Only tested with warlords 2.08

---Issues:---
1)Some techs look grey when they are really just blue (like compass), look white when they are just magenta (like artillery), or have their complementary colors mixed to grey (like fusion) or brown (like future tech).
2)Increasing brightness to show what is (being) researched may be too bright because all colors are just mixed additive for maximum contrast and speed.
3)The techtree is slower when you klick a beeline because colors are calculated [[ (techA * 2 + techB + techC ) * saturation + brightness ]] for every (rgb) color channel for every technology that changes its color.
4)Arrows are still white, but colors in only 6 colors may ruin the rainbow effect or just make it too slow.
5)I am sure something similar has been done more than twice already but my color code is simply the best.

Attachments

• SeeMyGPFlavor.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 339
Top Bottom