New Unit: Japanese Imperial Marines

TVA22

King
Again, like my usual posts, I don't have a preview for you all, sorry about that.

This unit is a modified infantryman, with a bayonette (sp?) and a strap on his rifle, he's also not wearing a backpack, as the Japanese Army was renowned for it's ability to move swiftly through dense jungles without needing to carry lots of supplies, of course the most famous of these exploits is the Japanese conquest of Malaya and the advance towards Singapore.

There are 2 sound effects, one is a victory sound, in which there's a commander giving some sort of regroup command in Japanese,(sorry, I don't speak Japanese) and the other is a rifle shot, both taken from Shogun Total War.

Notice the victory animation, he doesn't have a rifle, and is throwing his arms up over his head, like the Japanese used to do in a salute to the emperor and the homeland. I consider this my finest work to date, it took lots of time and effort, and I hope it's liked! :) Should be used with a ww2 mod, or in some sort of real world scenario, as I will use it.

My next project is the Tongkang, (Junk) for the Chinese, I have an interest in redoing my first unit, and making it lots better, by the time I'm done, it'll look totally different, hopefully. Maybe then I'll get back to ww2 units, but as of yet, I'm tired of making them.

Be sure to download both zips!!!

Attachments

• imperial marines.zip
    264.6 KB · Views: 2,729
and part 2

Attachments

• imperial marines 2.zip
    110.3 KB · Views: 2,030
Special thanks to nonob3 for helping me get the sound problems fixed up!

For those who insist on a preview....

Attachments

• imperialmarinesattacka_se.gif
    imperialmarinesattacka_se.gif
    10 KB · Views: 8,253
out of all the death animations, this one is the most amusing by far. big phat props!

Excellent work!

Felicitation!

Oh... my... gawd...

(Quote, Janice from Friends, Datalinks)

That's just... wow. Bet the WW2 modders would love to have this one! :soldier:

Thanks for the help DS!

And for the kind words, everyone else

Greet job! TVA22 you always make great units!

For stats, all I changed from a regular infantry was to give it 2 movement points instead of one, and I made it unique to Japan.

As TVA22 pointed out, the Japanese infantry was reknown for quick, fast marches during WWII. In-game, it really isn't that useful of a stat, but should make re-inforcing key cities and areas much more effective (for the Japan player anyways ;) ).

Originally posted by nonnob3

And now along with the Waffen SS (Stormtrooper) we have another great unit!!!:D

Yes exactly as you said we have another great unit.

Great work yet !

Originally posted by Ralendil

Yes exactly as you said we have another great unit.

Great work yet !

Nize one, my man !!!! Truelly hope U will take up WWII unit making one time or another- cuz Rnobody has thought of red Army infantry yet. :egypt:

I suggest to replace the default Civ3 Marine with this great Imperial Marine for Japan, with the same stats, but a movement of 2 instead of 1 (or maybe threat all squares as roads, with a movement of 1), and be used as an attack infantry.
Same I've done with nonnob3's Waffen SS, but without the amphibious unit tag:).
Maybe all we unit creators can do all civ-specific units, to replace default units;)...Red Army infantry to replace the default infantry for Russia (as example), A6M2 Zeros replacing Japanese fighters...etc. In this forum we have a lot of interesting civ-specific units to do this work, but we need more!!:rolleyes: .But...I don't know the game limit for units jejeje:p

Top Bottom