Russian Grenadier

Walter Hawkwood

RI Curator
Here's another unit from me. This time it's a Russian grenadier from XVII-XVIII centuries. The grenadier corps were established by Peter I and lasted till 1917. The uniform depicted existed with little change from Peter I till Catherine II.

This is a reskin of a vanilla unit (grenadier, obviously). Button dds included in the download.

Get it now!

Looks good! :goodjob: And BTW Woodelf, congrats on the promotion.

I want to give due credit to the author for very precise and clean modelling or Rumyantsev- and Suvorov-era (Catherine II) Leub-Guard grenadier uniform.

Among other worls I see Slavic slinger. Sling was not actually a popular weapon in densely-wooded eastern Europe inhabited by Slavic tribes with enough materials for spears and bows, though, unlike rocky and desertous Greece or Middle East.

Among other worls I see Slavic slinger. Sling was not actually a popular weapon in densely-wooded eastern Europe inhabited by Slavic tribes with enough materials for spears and bows, though, unlike rocky and desertous Greece or Middle East.

That's true, and I did the slinger knowing that. It's just that I don't do models, and peltast model was begging to be reskinned. Still, in the Balkan region, slings could be used. I might do a slavic archer too...

BTW, original peltast should also wield javelins, not sling. If only someone could edit the unit's weapon...

Thanks for Grenadier - I was trying hard to do a quality reskin.

Top Bottom