Viet Cong

I thought viet cong wore 'black pajamas'? (thus black uniforms)

if you changed the uniform color to yellow... you could call em NVA instead :p

ignore my post if you'd feel the need... just adding my 2 cents :D

FYI it looks cool to see the coolie hat ;)

overall good work :goodjob:

it would be very easy to change the color of the uniform skin. you would have to select all the cloth areas that will be black, then take out all color saturation and bring the lightness down a bit too.

it would be very easy to change the color of the uniform skin. you would have to select all the cloth areas that will be black, then take out all color saturation and bring the lightness down a bit too.

oh I know how to do it...Im just commenting on how better to make it authentic... ;)

BTW NVA should wear tan uniforms... not 'yellow' as I previously stated... and wear those 'pith' hats

anyway good job :goodjob:

i would have to agree with officer reene here... it is an awesome North Vietnamese Army (NVA) unit.

the Viet Cong or NLF (National Liberation Front guerrillas) wore black civilian clothes that looked a bit like pajamas, and also wore black/white, black/red, or red/white checkered scarves to distinguish different units from each other, sort of like unit patches. when they were fighting the French, they called themselves the Viet Minh, but after the French left in 1959, they switched to Viet Cong.

during the Vietnam War, the regular NVA units streamed south to help the Viet Cong guerrillas...US forces always considered the NVA to be more dangerous, more heavily equipped and better trained, although less clandestine than the VC. think of Iraq today with Iranian Revolutionary Guard units aiding the local Shiite militias like the Mahdi Army of al-Sadr and you get an idea of the same...kind of eerie how history repeats itself.

but anyway, good unit. i just know the history, i am horrible at graphics and artwork.

i would have to agree with officer reene here... it is an awesome North Vietnamese Army (NVA) unit.

the Viet Cong or NLF (National Liberation Front guerrillas) wore black civilian clothes that looked a bit like pajamas, and also wore black/white, black/red, or red/white checkered scarves to distinguish different units from each other, sort of like unit patches. when they were fighting the French, they called themselves the Viet Minh, but after the French left in 1959, they switched to Viet Cong.

during the Vietnam War, the regular NVA units streamed south to help the Viet Cong guerrillas...US forces always considered the NVA to be more dangerous, more heavily equipped and better trained, although less clandestine than the VC. think of Iraq today with Iranian Revolutionary Guard units aiding the local Shiite militias like the Mahdi Army of al-Sadr and you get an idea of the same...kind of eerie how history repeats itself.

but anyway, good unit. i just know the history, i am horrible at graphics and artwork.

good stuff too... but Im just a history buff too ;)

thats yesterday's newspaper

*shows today's issue*

headline: Lord Coopers makes a miraculous recovery from a bullet wound to the head, no longer a part of history.

thats yesterday's newspaper

*shows today's issue*

headline: Lord Coopers makes a miraculous recovery from a bullet wound to the head, no longer a part of history.

*shows late edition*

headline: POPE worried about Book of Revelations Context

Article lead in: Vatican, Rome, Pope makes reference to the Book of Revelations where it states the great enemy would recover from a fatal injury...

headline: Lord Cooper realizes he is the anti-christ and shoots himself, but as expected he rose again, he continues to repeat this process hoping for the best.

Top Bottom