What speed will we play?

What speed will we play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No Marathon or Epic...?? I protest!

And then I protest anyone who would actually vote those options!!!!

Anyway Normal, not to quick not to slow.

As Goldielocks would say "Just right"

yes, why marathon and epic are out?

To speed things? Short play and long setup?

Well, it's a choice. I'll vote normal (the least unpleasant).

Best regards,

yes, why marathon and epic are out?

To speed things? Short play and long setup?

Well, it's a choice. I'll vote normal (the least unpleasant).

Best regards,

Well, my comment was half joking, but the problem with Epic and Marathon is it can drag on. Civ IV DG1 was Epic I believe, and it got to its 11th month and was only about half way through the game. But participation was at an all time low, many attribute the slow game speed as one of several reasons participation dwindled.

I think normal.

Yes, it was set at epic speed. IIRC that was a mistake because the person who created the game didn't know that it remembered the last setting played, and had been play testing the various speeds to see what changed.

It took an eternity to get our first unit and tech, which was a major contributor to loss of interest.

Yes, it was set at epic speed. IIRC that was a mistake because the person who created the game didn't know that it remembered the last setting played, and had been play testing the various speeds to see what changed.

It took an eternity to get our first unit and tech, which was a major contributor to loss of interest.

Normal or Quick then, so that there would be interest. Otherwise, this game would be pretty dead without any contribution of ideas.

Btw, I voted for normal

Top Bottom