Unique Civ-Specific Great People Names

That's a very impressive list. Should be easy to implement, too.

I would love to see this in the mod!

Merci l'ami!

I'm completely agree to implement this. In fact, I did proposed it... somewhere. I'm tired to see Homer to be born in Tokio.

About the list for Babylon, it will be pretty difficult, as long as knowledge of individual persons from that period is very limited. But we can use some of their kings:

Hammurabi: GP (explanation: GPs can discover Code of Laws)
Burna-Buriash: GM (he led an important trade agreement with Akhenaton).
Kurigalzu: GE (moved the capital and built a new Palace).
Kadashman-Enlil I: GM (he arranged another important "wife-sealed trade agreement" with the Egyptian Pharaoh Amenhotep III).
Nebuchadrezzar I: GG (drift out the elamites from Babylonian land, by force, of course).
Ninurta: GP (built a cult around himself)
Tiglath-pileser III: GG (he conquered most of the "known world" for the Assyrians).
Marduk-apal-iddina II: GG (fighted the assyrians and mantained the independance of Babylon for a decade).
Sargon II: GG (fighted a lot of wars)
Nabopolassar: GG (another warrive king)
Nebuchadnezzar II: GE (built the Hanging Gardens!)

There are more, but now I've got no time to finish, the meal's on the table. Maybe tomorrow I'll continue to enlarge the list.

'Til then, have a nice time! ;)

Nebuchadnezzar II: GE (built the Hanging Gardens!)

Built, or commissioned? :p

Thanks Fearuin,

I've got another one :

Shamah-Kazim as Great Engineer. He was an official nominated by Hammurapi to manage fields in the south. Productivity knew heavy improvements under him.

I think we still need several Great Prophets, a bunch of Great Merchant, a handfull of Great Engineer and all Great Artists and Great Scientists we can spot while we are at it.

First off, let me thank you all for such an interest in my mod. I am very happy to see it going into so many others--first Total Realism, then the Great Person mod. Maybe Firaxis will even include it in the next expansion!

To answer your questions, yes, there are two versions, one for vanilla and one for warlords, so you can use whatever is appropriate for this version of Rhye's and Fall. I also have a partial list of great people for Babylon already, but I'll do a little research and see what I can come up with. Stay tuned...

-First Pass-
(Note that some of these names are kings who commissioned great public works, so are listed in the area of their appropriate contributions.)

GP: Ninurta, Berossus, Enanepada, Ahiqar
GA: Enheduanna, Sin-liqe-unninni, Entemena
GS: Sudines, Kidinnu,
GE: Nebuchadnezzar II, Gudea, Puzur-Ashur III, Shamah-Kazim,
GM: Burna-Buriash, Kurigalzu, Kadashman-Enlil I,
GG: Nebuchadrezzar, Tiglath-pileser III, Marduk-apal-iddina II, Sargon, Nabopolassar, Idrimi, Ashurbanipal

fearuin and Gaias_Ocatvius, may I ask from where you got the names? I've been yearning for a relieable source where I can get the names you listed :).

Let's not forget, we still need 'Great Prophets', I propose these two:
1. Utnapihorsehockym: Noah.
2. Ibrahim: Abraham.

Two prophets who were thought to be from Mesopotamia, Utnapishtim is even a character in the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Great Prophets:
1. Utnapishtim.
2. Ibrahim.

Great Generals:
1. Sennacherib.
2. Tiglath-pileser III.
3. Nebuchadnezzar II.
4. Hammurabi.
5. Sargon of Akkad.
6. Shalmaneser III.
7. Harun al-Rashid.

Great Engineers:
1. Ur-Nammu.
2. Nabupolassar.
3. Naram-sin.
4. Gudea.

Great Scientists:
1. Sin-leqi-unninni.
2. Jabir-bin-Hayyan.
3. Tapputi-Belatekallim.

Great Artists:
1. Gudea.
2. Samsu-ditana.
3. Sin-leqi-unninni.
(I will continue this list after I refer to my books about this subject ;))

Do we need more names? I don't think so.

Would be nice to have a few more Great Prophets, but other than that it's quite a comprehensive list =]]
Thanks Toaster :), I've added more prophets to the list, this time it is Younis (Jonah in the Bible).
THE UPDATED LIST:
Great Prophets:
1. Utnapishtim.
2. Ibrahim.
3. Younis.

Great Generals:
1. Sennacherib.
2. Tiglath-pileser III.
3. Nebuchadnezzar II.
4. Hammurabi.
5. Sargon of Akkad.
6. Shalmaneser III.
7. Harun al-Rashid.

Great Engineers:
1. Ur-Nammu.
2. Nabupolassar.
3. Naram-sin.
4. Gudea.
5. Ibn-Duraid.
6. Ibn-Hawqal.

Great Scientists:
1. Sin-leqi-unninni.
2. Jabir-bin-Hayyan.
3. Tapputi-Belatekallim.
4. Sudines.
5. Kidenas.
6. Nabourianos.
7. Ahmed Ibn Yusuf.
8. Al-Asma'i.
9. Al-Baghdadi.
10. Al-Baqilani.
11. Ibn-Duraid.
12. Al-Kindi.

Great Artists:
1. Gudea.
2. Samsu-ditana.
3. Sin-leqi-unninni.
(I will continue this list after I refer to my books about this subject ;))

EDIT: Oops, my bad :p, we still do not have Great Merchants...
Great Merchants:
1. Sargon of Akkad (he's in the generals list but he also regulated many trades with India and the people of Dalmun).
2. Burna-Briash.
3. Kadashman-Enlil I.

I have now even updated the Engineers and Scientists lists.

NOTE: I think we should drop the numericals (III, II, I), they wouldn't make sense anyway in-game. I wonder if we can introduce a system so that once a Scientist appears, the next time his name appears he would have a 'II' added to his/her name.
Should be a nice flavour added, sort of like the Delhi, then New Delhi system.

Are we done with the Babylonian List now?

Gilgamesh as GP?

He was a lengedairy king, 2/3 god, 1/3 man, and he went looking for a herb that gives eternal live and found it, but a sneak ate it. He also found a men than surevived the Flood.(Gilgamesh epos)

Gilgamesh as GP?

He was a lengedairy king, 2/3 god, 1/3 man, and he went looking for a herb that gives eternal live and found it, but a sneak ate it. He also found a men than surevived the Flood.(Gilgamesh epos)
I wasn't sure where to add him, but that's true, I'll add him in the list of GPs.

BTW, now that you've mentioned it, The man that survived the flood in the Epic of Gilgamesh is 'Utnapishtim', or Noah.

Moving on...
THE UPDATED LIST:
Great Prophets:
1. Utnapishtim.
2. Ibrahim.
3. Younis.

Great People:
1. Gilgamesh.
2. Enkidu.
3. Al-Mansur.
4. Shalmanasser III.
5. Shamshi-Adad.
6. Shab'ad.

Great Generals:
1. Sennacherib.
2. Tiglath-pileser III.
3. Nebuchadnezzar II.
4. Hammurabi.
5. Sargon of Akkad.
6. Shalmaneser III.
7. Harun al-Rashid.

Great Engineers:
1. Ur-Nammu.
2. Nabupolassar.
3. Naram-sin.
4. Gudea.
5. Ibn-Duraid.
6. Ibn-Hawqal.

Great Scientists:
1. Sin-leqi-unninni.
2. Jabir-bin-Hayyan.
3. Tapputi-Belatekallim.
4. Sudines.
5. Kidenas.
6. Nabourianos.
7. Ahmed Ibn Yusuf.
8. Al-Asma'i.
9. Al-Baghdadi.
10. Al-Baqilani.
11. Ibn-Duraid.
12. Al-Kindi.

Great Artists:
1. Gudea.
2. Samsu-ditana.
3. Sin-leqi-unninni.
(I will continue this list after I refer to my books about this subject :))

Great Merchants:
1. Sargon of Akkad (he's in the generals list but he also regulated many trades with India and the people of Dalmun).
2. Burna-Briash.
3. Kadashman-Enlil I.
4. Sindibad.

fearuin and Gaias_Ocatvius, may I ask from where you got the names? I've been yearning for a relieable source where I can get the names you listed :).

Here. God bless wikipedia! ;) .

Top Bottom