T-95 Main Battle Tank

Well, there is little real intel on this futuristic russian tank, other than it was either remotely controlled or that what crew it had were deeply contained in the hull. my guess is that it is remotely controlled. Snafusmith made the body of the tank.

EDIT: Here is the Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-95

Please give me credit

Uses standard tank animations

Download here

That's quite a small turret compared to the main body. Was it designed like that IRL?

Very nice :)

BTW - The crew is sitting inside the hull - it makes tank more stronger and crew well defended

I'm not a tank guy, but this is an excellent model and skinning job.

well, it is actually my first attempt at reequiping modern units.

i linked the wikipaedia post up there if you want to learn more. this tank is super cutting edge (if it exists past the prototype phase)

@geomodder

yeah, the turret does not contain humans, so it is very small. asio is right, the crew is inside the hull completely, probly using computer interfaces to control the vehicle.

Hmm... If you want I can translate for you some parts of that text

OK. Sorry for my bad English :). Here is the main information.

T-95

Weight - 50 tons (i.e. 5.000 kilogrammes)
Crew - 3
Speed by road - not less than 75 km/h
Speed by cross-country - not less than 50 km/h
Main gun caliber - 152 mm
Machine gun caliber - 7,62 mm
Ammunition - not less than 36 shells
Pressure to ground - about 0,9 kg/cm2

Created by Uralvagonzavod
Now in the stage of provings

Main gun is placing on small turret without crew. The crew is sitting in special armored capsule, detached from machine gun and turret by armor. Such conception lets made silhouette of tank (may be of turret? - Commy) much smaller and hardly visible during the battle. Also it increase the crew's security

Equipment of tank will contain 135-152 mm gun with new system of loading. Also T-95 will have termovisor and, probably, radar.

Information about target will be getting from optic, teplovision and infra-red devices. Also it will be getting by laser range-finder and radiolocator. So crew will not use traditional optic systems.

PS I hope you are not from CIA and I will not blame for high treason :)

LOL im sure that the CIA can use the google too :lol: ;)

Thank you for the info! and i think your english is very good, never be sorry for it.

I'm just happy to see a nation thinking about crew protection more than any others.

Russian army will get T-95 in 2009.

Here is some information.

Russian army will get T-95 in 2009.

Here is some information.

No offence but I'll beleive that when I see it. Russian defence media articles have a long running habit of announcing things well ahead of time. Inquirys are trumpeted as firm sales etc. IIRC T-95 is only one of the candidates for the next gen Russian tank.

Dan

tranlation from the article

Uralvagonzavod In fact, by 2004 the proportion of defense orders dropped from 70 to 5%. Завод жил только за счет экспортных поставок (Индия купила у нас 124 Т-90 и 186 комплектов для их самостоятельного производства; недавно был заключен еще один контракт на поставку Дели 350 танков). Plant lived only at the expense of export supplies (India we bought 124 T-90 and 186 kits for their own production, was recently awarded another contract to supply 350 tanks Delhi). В прошлом году российская армия впервые за последние годы купила 14 танков. Last year the Russian army for the first time in recent years bought 14 tanks. В этом году значительно больше. This year, much more. На этом фоне прогноз генерала Макарова о том, что Т-95 придет в армию в 2009 году, выглядит, мягко говоря, смелым. Against this backdrop, General Makarova forecast that the T-95 will come into the army in 2009, was, to say the least, ambitious.

That's an awful-tall profile for a MBT... I seriously doubt that would be considered an MBT... looks much more like SPA to me.

That's an awful-tall profile for a MBT... I seriously doubt that would be considered an MBT... looks much more like SPA to me.

It might not even need to be piloted by the time its released!! Unmanned Armor Vehicle? ;)

But seriously, the crew compartment will be inside the chassis, not the turret. This will yield a higher survivability for the soldiers who pilot this vehicle.

I think that it's profile is even smaller than that of M1A1 :) the lower chassis is nearly the same size, and the turret (oriented towards the viewer) would be much smaller in size.

The vehicle is envisaged to fill the role of an MBT. The gun is fully traversing but as Tony says the crew (one person only!!) is contained in in the hull. This should allow a lower hull profile and when positioned in a hull down position the exposed portion will be miniscule. I have my doubts that a single crew member will be effective even with significant automation but I suppose if its just a temporary step before a Unmanned Combat vehicle then maybe its a good idea.

Dan

I mean, i do so in videogames like BF 2142 ;)
Big difference between games and real-life. A big reason for a separate commander from the gunner is that it allows the commander to focus on situation awareness, and the gunner to focus on hitting the target. The T-35/76 had a combined commander/gunner, and that proved to be rather ineffective as the guy would have a tough time dividing his attention. Unlike aircraft, there tends to be a lot more going on on the ground and a single pilot would not likely be terribly effective.

The American M1A1 Abrams maintains manual gunner/loader and commander positions because they are more effective then automated ones. The French tanks in WWII were woefully inadequate because their turrets were too small and they placed too many responsibilities on the tank commander.

Frankly, if the above picture is anything close to accurate, there's no effective turret, and most of it is automated, I think it will be yet-another useless tank design.

Deal of the Century indeed...

Big difference between games and real-life. A big reason for a separate commander from the gunner is that it allows the commander to focus on situation awareness, and the gunner to focus on hitting the target. The T-35/76 had a combined commander/gunner, and that proved to be rather ineffective as the guy would have a tough time dividing his attention. Unlike aircraft, there tends to be a lot more going on on the ground and a single pilot would not likely be terribly effective.

Exactly Xeno. Even worse than the T-34/76 arrangment was that of the French tanks which had a single man in the turret who had to command load and fire the gun. In the case of the T-95 idea I suspect the single crewman is primarily the driver (this being the most demanding task to do remotely or with AI control) to allow the further development of the computer conrols. If the tank is intended to fight independently of outside assistance then I feel two is the minimum crew. Autoloaders have already removed the need for a human loader (although thier accepatnce is by no means universal particularly amongst those nations with the most recent experience of armoured warfare). If the commander is supplied the abiltiy to designate a target and then hand it off to the computer then the need for a human gunner is also largely removed. However require a single person to both drive the vehicle across potentially difficult terrain and maintain a scan for threats, and designate and prioritise targets is an unreasonable expectation.

Dan

Top Bottom