Sindbad, 27 Feb 2007

embryodead

Caliph
Very nice Sindbad/Arab Pirate/Sailor. :) :goodjob:

The white corsair... I like him. :)

:clap: Great slash on the sword. Convincing movements.:)

Nice work here. :goodjob: I'm guessing you used one of kinboat's shirt props and a bit of a transparency trick for the vest? :) Where'd you get the Shamshir prop from?

Thanks all!

@Ogedei_the_Mad
Those are standard PDM models unchanged (Kinboat has made a vest, it's there somewhere) except the shamshir which is from the free "SwordKit" from DAZ, with some transparency added for a more curved look.

Hmm I didn't think it'd be unrealistic seeing these swords were single-edged (at least I thought so). Death anim was just copied from spearmen ;)

Shamshirs are single-edged swords. It's not unusual to shoulder a single-edged sword; one of the dao-sword styles in Taijiquan starts with a ready position with the sword on the shoulder. :)

That's all right then (although he still wouldn't want to get nudged while holding it so close to his ear, I bet). I remember that Ichigo from Bleach carries his sword like that too, but I thought perhaps that's only Death Gods.

End of nerdy anime reference.

Err I don't think he really looks like Sindbad, but I figured such name will be better than a generic "Arab Sailor" which this unit is supposed to be.

... And you have a photo of Sindbad handy? - But seriously, a really nice unit :thumbsup:

-Oz

Top Bottom