save

Roster:

ThERat - started the game
pindicator - up
Greebley
empiremaker
vacancy
Bugs?

lurker's comment: May I enquire about the temple and curragh? I'd sign up but I've been having trouble with the conquest scenarios ever since I reinstalled my C3C gear on this computer ... have fun, push out workers early on, you have the cities running already :)

May I enquire about the temple and curragh?
oh, they are placeholders really. the curragh should be swapped as we have one there already for some recon work.

I tried to get out workers, but it only works in cities that do not produce shields. The other cities need to grow first before bein able to contribute some workers/settlers.

More important, we need iron and the Bulgars seem to have it with the sword unless it's a free initial unit.

lurker's comment: Just send someone West, you'll run into Iron and you can see if they have it. You could have peeked into their resources when you first contacted them, too... :mischief:

lurker's comment: Ooh, Byzantines on Middle Age scenario. The cities don't look like they were very well placed (silly people at Firaxis :p)

anyways, just dropping by. Good luck all and hope you win this time! :)

I don't think we can cross the line so easily even via trade. We can't get the nice Viking longboat for example...but we get that ninja like unit like no other Civ

pindicator pm'ed and indicated he would play today

And play he did!

I know you guys love a good challenge, so we're in for one already.

Inherited Turn -
Leave be what TheRat left before me.

1, 873AD)
zzz

2, 876AD)
zzz

3, 879AD)
Them Bulgars are smart, advancing away from the coast so our dromons can't touch them.

4, 882AD)
Settler finishes.
We win our first battle outside Andrianople, kill a Bulgar Sword [1-0]

IBT - Bulgar sword kills our spear [1-1].

5, 885AD)
Archer kills sword, promotes [2-1]

IBT - Bulgars send a second stack towards us.

6, 888AD)
Kill an archer witih our sword [3-1]

7, 891AD)
Find tar in the east. Also tar in west beside Bulgar capital.

8, 894AD)
Found Varna

IBT - Spear kills first two Bulgars, loses to third [5-2]
And I miss the spear that can pillage our horses next IBT. Great, nobody close enough to stop him.

9, 897AD)
Kill archer [6-2] We need walls and more units.

IBT - Horseback riding in. Horses pillaged. More Bulgars a-comin'

10, 900AD)
Roman Secrets are 40 turns at 90%, so I put the slider to 10%. Feel free to change any builds.

Instead of settlers, I've been making archers out of Constantinople. But we probably should try to sneak a few in. Anybody want to try a dotmap with all our land?

the save

Roster:

ThERat
pindicator
Greebley - up
empiremaker
There is still a vacancy for all the lurkers
Bugs, do you participate here?

Bulgars are sending all their initial extra units I guess...but once we have dealt with them, we should be making some headways. We need to find iron somewhere

lurker's comment: There is some Iron a bit to the North of Larissa... :p

lurker's comment: There is some Iron a bit to the North of Larissa...
we can't see any iron at the moment, so please do NOT post any spoiler info..thanks

Sorry, thought that was pretty well known... :blush:

Preturn: Building a settler or two to connect up the lone city in the south with our Empire.
Moved a few units around and switch a few minor builds.

Forests are nicer this game.. 2 Food each.

IBT:

903 AD: Moved a Spear to look for Iron and find it immediately. Given that it was the only place to search, I don't think much was given away. I would have found it this turn no matter what.

Ok this isn't so good. I attack a Sword with 2 Archer and a Sword and do ZERO damage to it. It is now Elite and fully healthy.
I do kill a 1 hp Spear.

IBT: Lose our 2 Spear in Adrianople killing 2 Archer. The sword now has 3 hp. Town guarded by a lone Archer.

906 AD: We leave our capitol unguarded to move a spear into Arianople. Lone Archer kills an Archer. The sword and 1 hp Archer will be able to retreat. We will build 2 Spear next turn though.

IBT: Sword kills our 3 hp Spear (5th unit killed) but goes to 1 hp. Only other unit is an 1 hp Archer which retreats.

909 AD: Ok I attack the 1 hp sword with an Archer and an Elite Archer (3 and 4 hp). Neither can kill it. That is now 7 units killed by that Sword.

IBT: Sword retreats.

912 AD:

915 AD: Spend 64 gold to rush an Archer in Adrianople.

918 AD: Use Archer to kill 1 HP Spear.

IBT: We spotted a red boat move into and out of our view. No contact.

921 AD: This isn't funny - Full health Vet Archer attacks and loses to a Regular Archer.

I am going to build Warriors with the hopes of using our money (we are doing a min run) on upgrading to swords.

930 AD: Declare War on Denmark.

Notes:
Horses should be connected next turn

Iron should be connected in two turns.

After we have horses and Iron I think things will be better. I would make warriors in Constantinople and Arianople next turn for more swords.

I continued the min run on Roman Secrets because only at 100% science could we reduce the cost and only to 33. We will have to have 20 more science than we have now to get it in a reasonable amount of time. I think we will want Libraries immediately after getting Catapults even though it is an optional tech. Otherwise all tech will take 40 turns.

welcome, pat 4 :goodjob:

what a rough ride again here, very bad RnG...
we need to connect horses and iron so the kill ratio goes up...

new Roster

ThERat
pindicator
Greebley
empiremaker - up
pat 4 - on deck

Top Bottom