Stars and Stripes

Californio

Beast
It is the year 1777 and the famous American revolution has just taken place, leaving four dominant powers in the Eastern United States; the French, Spanish, English, and Articles of Confederation.

This scenario was made on the Eastern United States map for civ 4 bust was converted to Warlords for diplomatics reasons. There are 5 playabe nations.

1 Great Britian
2 French Empire
3 Kingdom of Spain
4 Articles of Confederation

and for those of you outh their who love a good challenge
5 Nation of New Conneticut (Vermont)

The articles of confederation contol 13 vassals (the original 13 states of the country whom most own more land then modern day) England is dominant in Canada, France controls the Louissiana territory, and Spain controls Florida, Cuba, and Mexico/Texas. Vermont is in its modern setting.

The game will last 480 turns and willend in 1800 AD, the game goes by months. All nations are angry at America. Which should make diplomacy very interesting. Also Im not great at geography or getting city names so names probably aren't exact and some are (gasp) made up.

Thanks for cheking my scenario out please give me some feedback,
To play insert in WB file or your public maps and unzip.

Here are some screenies.
Have fun

View attachment 149841 View attachment 149842 View attachment 149843

Note: Despite how hard I try I have one error and that is all four of the major powers are supposed to have one great general but names don't stick on reload.

You can download here

Attachments

• Stars and Stripes.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 452
I really like this scenario, and it is really fun. =D
One suggestion, re-move the un-needed religons. Or, if you don't know how you could create a little island, mountain it, and then put all of them there. I just hate seeing Conneticut or Florida " Buddhist " and then Canada is Taoist.

Good luck.

When I get home ill take care of that. However I'll definitely Judaism and maybe Islam on the mainland

Thats a great idea, but i don't know how.
Care to explain?

You have to edit the actual XML files. The text ones. Want me to do it for you? It's the work of five minutes.

Could I suggest you make the US one civ? It really would be much easier.

EDIT: Or, if you're looking to make it really accurate, I could change the techs they needed to found them too.

How does Mormonism sound as another replacement religion?

one civilization for the US might not be bad because when I played they broke up really fast.

Talkie toaster that sounds good. So for relgions do you want.
- Protesantism
-Catholic
-Mormon
-Judaism

and how about Quakerism?

Changing techs also sounds good.

If i get the chance and after religion has been changed then i'll make another map but, with one civ for US:)

Thanx alot and yeah Islam, was present in North America, it could stir the pot a bit. Maybe for a 7th religion Dietest wouldn't be bad either, i mean that's what all of America's founding fathers were.
Thanks!

You're definitely right about New Connecticut being difficult to play. Especially now that England has gained supremacy amongst the other colonial powers and decimated America. Now Spain is eating up colonies one by one. Through a policy of appeasement and city packing I've managed to become about as powerful as the strongest consequences (Virginia and Pennsylvania). With England's invasion of New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland completed, New Jersey is slowly culturally assimilating those cities. I'm now surrounded by England, which isn't so bad since it's a buffer zone from Spain and France.

GREAT SCENARIO THOUGH!!!

1 question, I don't know if it's supposed to be this way, but I took this concept as being an era specific mod. I have managed to stop the tech advancement, but is there someway to keep the more advanced civs from starting with/building marines. It seems little out of place when I'm watching got Spanish Marines invade Alabama in 1785.

I would say a seperate Anglican and Protestant religion. Protestant could represent non Anglican Protestant religions.

All right, I'm going to be a little critical here, but that's because I think this is an interesting idea, although I have a little criticism to share. You are, of course, welcome to completely ignore me.

In terms of appropriate religions, I do not believe there were any significant Muslim communities in the 13 colonies. Also, Mormonism was founded in 1829 (or at least, that's when Joseph Smith claimed to translate those ancient golden plates :mischief: ), so including them in your current time frame would be quite anachronistic. The Far Eastern religions are simply inappropriate at this point in US history.

In terms of religions, you could probably get away with the following list:

Catholicism (Spain, France)
Judaism (scattered pockets--need to find a reference on Jewish immigration for this one)
Anglicanism (Britain, also predominant in Colonies)
Protestantism (smaller groups, also scattered throughout the Colonies)
Puritanism (weakened, but still traces in the Massachusetts Bay area)

Beyond that, I'm not sure. You can always use less than the full load of religions, or you can add some more specific groups (like the Quakers in Pennsylvania). I don't believe the Deists were large enough to count as a "major religion", although they were an interesting bunch.

Also, take out Washington DC. That city was built around 1800, and AoC government met in a variety of cities, usually New York or Philadelphia. However, during the Revolution, and immediately thereafter, the "capital" moved a dozen times: take a look at this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_capitals_in_the_United_States

The map doesn't really make sense to me. The vast majority of early urban centers in the Colonies were located along navigable rivers or in natural harbors along the east coast. By setting up the map as you have, with "cities" representing states/colonies, you don't have vital ports like Charleston, Philadelphia, etc. I would encourage you to represent the states/colonies with a couple cities, even if they are more closely packed, and place more coastal cities for the US.

Honestly, and I'm being perfectly candid here, I thought your idea of separating all the states up as vassals under the Articles of Confederation government was oddly appropriate, and it shows (from what is posted) that if the colonies split up, they get murdered. What would be interesting is if you could program any military units produced to go directly to the Articles of Confederation, and the AoC government still controls diplomacy for all the colonies, but still let all the guys do their own little things domestically. It really conveys the disunity of the era. That would probably take some programming that I am deficient in, but another idea on top of that is a technological advance called "Constitution" that allows the United States to take direct control of all of its little scattered vassals and unify under a central government.

This really has some potential, I think.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm not sure how to edit religions but that would be great with some help. Antilogic, thats some good advice I am willing to take help from anyone interested on improving this scenario.

I would start with looking at Warlords scenarios with unique religions, and checking out their XML. That's the first step...and there are plenty of graphics modders here that I'm sure would throw in some help. Good luck!

How does Mormonism sound as another replacement religion?

I would suggest leaving Mormons out of the eastern U.S. if you want to stick with being historically accurate.I think the religions should be Catholicism, Protestanism, the Quakers and maybe the Amish as a peaceful religion. I'm not sure when the Amish faith came about but I'm pretty sure the Mormons didn't come about until around 1840.

Like all scenarios this is need for serious improvements V1.02 will include:
14 New Civs and leaderheads (Colonies and Vermont),
changed leader heads for England and Spain,
edited civiopedia,
edited religions, (Catholism, Judaism, Angilicism, Puritanis, Protestants, Diesm, and Mormanism will be researchable)
14 new flags,
better map,
edited tech tree
and 8 yes 8 new traits.

This is if all goes as planned as worked,
also civics should be changed to.
And lastly, andybody no how to get rid of the TXT_KEY stuff?

This is if all goes as planned as worked,
also civics should be changed to.
And lastly, andybody no how to get rid of the TXT_KEY stuff?

you change some stuff under xml/gameinfo i think. when is this coming out?

EDIT: My bad you change stuff in xml/text

weel, now I'm on spring break from HSchool and College so, it could be out as early as next Sunday.

Top Bottom