• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

german WW1 machinegunner

bernie14

Filter Manipulator
something a little different..a neglected unit but "no man's land" would not have been the same without the dreaded machinegunners

this is a reskin using the modernengineers head, and Crolands helmet and rabbitWs peasenthat as the spike

Download

PS....point both nif and shader nif to "germg.nif" or make ur own FX as per rabbitWs tutorial

Very nice unit. Well needed alternative to the british version :)

very cool unit bernie, but you know, with blender you would not have to use 4 objects to create that head ;)

very cool unit bernie, but you know, with blender you would not have to use 4 objects to create that head ;)

thank u very much :worship: ....i have opened blender a couple of times, looked thru some tutorials, but i have not had the patience to really learn how to use it

Could we hope to see a Franco-Prussian war rifleman and WWI german infantry with these helmets too?

YES!! i saw some really nice franco-prussian units, both german and french, and i am going to work on those...as for the ww1 german infantry, i am going to try to do a "covered" helmet with spike

thank u very much :worship: ....i have opened blender a couple of times, looked thru some tutorials, but i have not had the patience to really learn how to use it

there is a great "from noob to pro" tutorial on the blender wiki side which describes the basic interface and the like -stuff. then you can import firaxis models and modify it to your like and after that you can do "your-100%-yours-stuff"... at least thats what i did ;)
come on, blenders interface is freaking simple and stylish ;)
but your right it takes some time, take a week for just getting comfortable with blender... and after that I might get concurrence ;)

to SeZereth: yes, i have seen the wikipedia series on blender and ur right, if i wqould just dedicate a little time.....oh well, right now though, since there are so many fine models and acessories, i'm just having a god time making textures...however, if a real need should arise, i guess i could learn.....

to Chamaedrys and snipperrabbit: you are both right, actually i read in an article on the net that the freench uniforms did not change much from the franco-perssian war to the begining of WW1. however, by 1915, the french had let go the fancy colors, etc

look here

Another great unit... keep 'em coming!

Top Bottom