Future Cities!

Wow - great effect :)

Impressive for a late era cityset Garret. Any ideas on some early moon settlements?

well, the buildings are scaled in number, the city i show is 64 pop. a small, early city would have less buildings.

hey woodelf, it would be possible to create another building set fairly easily, even with the nifviewer.

Waow !!!
Great reskin !!! that is exactly what we need !!!

if i understand well, your cities/town/village/cottage looks like the screenshot ? or just if i install the "eu_mod_building.dds"?
I want your cities texture, but i want the texture for cities/town/village/cottage doesn't change...
I will test it.

Thanks for great work !!!
Dub

Great work.:goodjob:

They could also be uesd in the modern area.

@Dubmetender: Towns, villages, hamlets using the same nif and dds as the cities. Changing this means a lot of xml work.

Thanks Chamaedrys,

i have already modified the mod_eu.nif, and "plotSystem" file, but i wanted use my towns/villages/hamlets nif, and use this great skin for cities in the same era...
I will search...

there is a separate texture and .nif file for the towns/ect. i would have to make another reskin.

what was so cool about making this one was my goal to make the buildings NOT look like concrete anymore. so i reversed alot of the colors and highlighted the windows more, changing contrasts alot too. It came out high-contrast dark with window highlights.

Thanks Chamaedrys,

i have already modified the mod_eu.nif, and "plotSystem" file, but i wanted use my towns/villages/hamlets nif, and use this great skin for cities in the same era...
I will search...

You can do this simply by creating a new folder somewhere in your mod, loading this new cityset in it (.nif and .dds files) and changing the path in the .nif file in your CIV4CityLSystem.xml file.

I forgot to say:

I love that hightech underground. It looks like a city under the city.:)

@Dubmetender:

Did it work?

this is a screenshot (if that work :mad: )

I need to work on shadows, but i've got a trouble between shadow'texture and buildings'textures... the two ones are loaded as building'texture, sometime improvements are black (shadows), sometime improvements (in majority of cases) are grey (right texture), so i remove building'shadows :mad: .

Attachments

• screenFutureCities.jpg
    screenFutureCities.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 479
Can you post pictures of your problem? I had mixed up textures too when I tried to put buildings from different citysets in the the same city on the map.
I eventually solved it by tinkering with the szBatchGroup parameter.

its because the .nif file must reference all of the darn buildings to one big ass 256X512 texture file. I bet if you manually reprogrammed each building in the .nifviewer to reference the correct texture, you would be okay.

its because the .nif file must reference all of the darn buildings to one big ass 256X512 texture file. I bet if you manually reprogrammed each building in the .nifviewer to reference the correct texture, you would be okay.

I made that, each "node" with right texture, like in original file, but when i load the game, i have some improvements with right texture, and some improvements with wrong texture (shadow'texture).
First time, i used 5 differents textures, and the game load five differents textures for improvements !!! :eek:

but without shadow, the screen is OK, not perfect, but playable... ;)

Top Bottom