4th Open Game preparado

Giaur

War Dancer
Since Snaaty had less time to continue, I decided to begin this thread.

The purpose of 4th OpenGame is fun&edu.

My duty is to compile your games into readable pieces (as it was earlier).

Your duty is to have fun.

I try to expand writeups as it was earlier (since I have more time now).

I though I am organized, but wonder why this topic is so short. Maybe that's that damn English.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made huge step writing this post. Now it's your turn ...

What's the game you would like to play?

Since I will be playing too, I vote for not quite original idea: No tech Trading, maybe Monarch, maybe Emperor.

I would be interested in playing as well. No tech trading is an option I've never played with so I don't know how hard it is. I imagine it's a pretty stiff handicap on emperor though (I always backfill with philosophy on emperor).

I will see if I can come up with some other ideas. One idea is a simple emperor/immortal game but with a hard starting position (maybe no metals in starting area?).

That's fine you would like to join. However with no metals we've been playing with futurehermit in Emperor Domination thread :lol: . On the other hand No tech Trade is very similar to Isolated Start. We need some original idea, but no gunship, no more ...

edit:
We have three proposals:
1) No tech trade / emp-monarch
2) No metals / immortal-emperor
3) Sevo's Mastery mod (the only I played so far) / immortal-emperor
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=211064&page=7
If you know any interesting mods, tell me ...

Also I can play regular game (standard settings), perhaps with a leader that is to be tested.

And notechtrade/emperor it is.

My votes go for:
1) Ramses spi/ind/warchariot/obelisk(optional priest)
spi - for happiness
ind - for economy
warchariot - for early expansion (take into consideration that game lasts longer in no-tech-trade)

2) Quin Shi Huang pro/ind/cho-ko-nu/theatre(+25% culture)
pro - for domination
ind - for economy
cho-ko-nu - never played this unit
expanded theatre - for cultural victory

3) Napoleon cha/org/musketeer/salon (free artist)
cha - for happiness also wartime
org - for domination
musketeer - never saw him in action
salon - for cultural victory

I won't be cruel. Any of you might propose another leader, but I donot want to delay to much. I'd like to start the game tomorow. I do not want that two leaders have same vote numbers, so propose following voting system ...
first place - 5 points
second place - 3 points
third place - 1 point

Put on the table your own proposals (rather no more than one) as well as 3 votes(1st, 2nd and 3rd). And we will start tomorow. I will hold myself with voting. Maybe some interesting proposal appear ....

I would be interested in giving it a try. I failed miserably before but I enjoyed it anyway. My leader choice is Wang Kon of Korea. Financial for good late reasearch and economy with the UB he has no trading might not be so terrible. And UU for some conqusts. Protective to keep our new lands safe.

no tech trade eh? My first vote will be Gandhi, second is Hatty, and third will be Brennus (never played him before, but he always seems to do well as an AI).

Although I haven´t had time to play recently, I´m still lurking every now and then

@ Giaur:

It´s great that you continue the open games, I enjoyed them a lot

I can`t join this game, but I wish you all good luck and much fun (and I will continue looking in here from time to time)

P.S:

Frederick/Germany is incredible strong when not techtrading (you can build up to 6 cities very early and you can lightbulb your way up to lib around 800 AD, even without techtrading)

Hello Snaaty. Wanna join us?

Since no majority was found, I vote for Brennus, but Koreans were close.

I hope mrchadt that you will handle with non-financial civ. I hope that everyone will do.

I won't start a new thread. I will be back in a few moments with the proper save.

The 4th open game begins
------------------------------------

We are on the smaller continent. Rocky Climate, Low See level.

Please post 1AD and 1000AD saves. I think 3 days should be enough.

Attachments

• Krzysiek BC-4000.CivWarlordsSave
    75.3 KB · Views: 185
comments to my game will be ready tonight or tomorrow morning. Only want to say now that it would be difficult game for me. I am gonna skip some techs like Divine Right, Theology, Military Tradition.

Attachments

• Krzysiek AD-0075.CivWarlordsSave
    192.1 KB · Views: 163
  • Krzysiek AD-1020.CivWarlordsSave
    245.5 KB · Views: 153
i'll post my save later, but I really messed up this game. I debated starting over but I figure I'll suck it up and see if I can pull a win out at the back end. I tried going SE with a spiritual civ (good idea) in a no tech trading game (very bad idea).

Spoiler :
basically I got caught up in a long war with Khan and neglected the proper techs - I crashed my economy completely not once, but twice. I've finally crawled back, but I am way behind in tech and I don't know if I can catch up fast enough without tech trading. I'm shooting for an internet powered space win at this point... If I can hit rifles/grenadiers fast enough, I may attempt a war against Asoka.

I messed it up too. Asoka adopted Merchantilism and I was noone to trade with. I believe Pangea, monarch, financial civ is more reasonable choice. I made Emperor/NoTechTrade but it was Vanilla. We will wait till tomorrow, and I will generate new save unless there is need for current game.

edit: However I will do a writeup anyway ...

A new save would be nice, I think :p I will write-up my game to 1000 AD. I've played my game up to 1500 AD, and I think it's very unlikely that I'll escape with a win... I have about 18-20% land, but it's just not enough of a lead that I can cruise to a win on this level, with these settings...

well, let's see here...

Spoiler :
I started by moving to settle on the coast - later turned out to have built right on copper. I saw that Khan was reasonably close so I prepared an army to rush him. This was the start of my downhill. I took two cities, but it really killed my economy. I tried to fix my economy by putting up cottages and running scientists but research was very slow (my capital was basically the only thing doing any research.

However, just as I thought things were getting better, Khan declares on me. He had built stonehenge earlier (that's why I was only able to grab 2 cities) so I had researched up to construction this time. I spammed catapults and reduced Khan to just two cities by 1000 AD. I am now in economy recovery mode, but my tech is all over the place. I have skipped a lot of techs that I normally backfill for, and I think it's hurting me since I'm missing some ... rather essential technology. Here's my tech tree (the leading portion):

The biggest problem that I'm having is just producing enough commerce. I tried moving my capital to cut down on maintenance cost but I think that was a dumb move in hindisght - I should have just built the forbidden palace instead (I was thinking of heading south to war Asoka and I would have had a central capital then, but I think I'll need better units to war Asoka successfully.

My game is going ok considering.
Spoiler :
I founded 4 religions, hindu, judaism, christian, confuc. Ive taken 2 or 3 cities from ghengis and raised another. I was a bit slow in expanding and only built 4 cities of my own. I missed the GL which was a mistake. I'm not sure if its possible to win from my position but its fun anayway.

I really enjoy playing the same game as other people, thanks for organising this.

Writeup will be ready tomorow morning. Probably easier save will be generated, unless there is another person who enjoys this game.
I played for a while with similar conditions, also with Brennus, but on Monarch, and in my opinion it was a lot easier. What do you think of giving a try with Brennus once again?

It doesn't matter to me which leader we use, I will probably lose at this level.
I do prefere to play on standard settings, I haven't mastered the basics yet, so playing with special rules isn't that interesting to me.
I played on a little from where I was, it doesn't look promising. All is not lost, but my econemy isn't great and I am behind a too much in tech I think. I think my city placement wasn't optimum, and not getting pyramids was another mistake.

you dont need to get pyramids. In my game genghis got pyramids + great wall + stonhenge. I built axes and when i got cats it was hammertime. I actually stableized my economy purely on cottages. 2 happiness reasourses + carismatic is some good when your running a CE. I forgot to save in 1 AD but here is my 25 AD save. Lightbulbing is bascailly almost never worth it unless you need taoism or something for the hapiness. I settled SE of the starting position to not lose a turn. Got copper + fish + gold in second city. Also have another gold city that also have furs. These cities bascially covered my early expansion until i could get my cottages running. Looks good so far but you never know. Beeing on smaller continent should be an advantage when there is no tech trading allowed. AI tech so darn fast in the early game...

Added 1000 AD save. Finishing off ghengis but still behind asoka though i'll be first to liberalism.

Edit: actually got beat to liberalism by a couple turns by isabella...

never built any more military after finishing off ghengis. Just settled in for space race since i was so far behind in tech. Cottage spammed like mad and with some minor help of the internet and buying aleminium for 200+ gp per turn i won space race by building all the parts in different cities at the same time.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0025.CivWarlordsSave
    193.7 KB · Views: 142
  • AutoSave_AD-1000.CivWarlordsSave
    243.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Krzysiek AD-1916.CivWarlordsSave
    427.2 KB · Views: 144
Top Bottom