Ash - 4/8/2007

NavyDawg

Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
Here's a B-Movie Hero based on Ash from Army of Darkness. I've been wanting to make this for awhile, and the movie was on a few nights ago, so I sorta got inspired.

Check out the custom sounds for this guy, courtesy of Bruce Campbell delivering all of those classic one liners. Also, thanks to Bjorn for the holster and axe props. Enjoy.:)

Download him here.

That movie is great! But shouldn't the chainsaw be his hand?

Nice unit. :goodjob:

I was thinking the same myself about the chainsaw, but this unit still rocks! And the film wasn't half bad either :lol:

This is after he builds his iron hand. Notice the right hand is metal. I know it's small at civ scale.

Wasn't he still able to take the metal hand off, and put in the chainsaw instead?

"Listen up you primative screw-heads. THIS...is my BOOMstick."

"you loved me once"
"baby, you got real ugly"

The sword one could fit pirate mods and the like of that, because of his clothing :p.

This unit definitely gets a prominent place in my Non Sequitur Mod (use any old unit/tech icon/LH etc that strikes my fancy). "well, I was going to do one, ...someday"
:goodjob: Sam Raimi is one of my favorite directors, and Army of Darkness was my intro to him.

For a second there I thought it was the Pokemon guy, and considered putting him in the Playground Mod.

Then I saw his gun.

Great job though. :thumbsup:

N-Dawg, this unit is great. I had actually started a Army of Darkness mod a while back. I had a map done and was looking to do the tech tree when my computer had some problems. I am now inspired to pick it back up. Hail to the King, baby! :king:

Yeah, really I will take a look at what I have left. I watched the movie every weekend for a month while working on this. The poster is on my wall. This scenario is a must.

I thought about giving up, but then Sheila said, "but what of the things we shared, the sweets words you spoke?"

"Ah, that's what we call pillowtalk baby.":lol:

William, Thanks. I think an Army of Darkness scenario would be pretty cool. Aaglo has definitely made enough skeletons for the deadites, and there are plenty of great units from the middle ages as well as cities, techs, etc... If you're really thinking about doing this, I can help out (maybe with a Bad Ash or Witch unit). Let me know.

I was thinking the same myself about the chainsaw, but this unit still rocks! And the film wasn't half bad either :lol:

Well, I think his hand was actually just metal, and he was always just holding the chainsaw that it appeared to be one. Optical illusion of sorts.

This is an awesome unit, I don't really have a use for it, but it's still VERY cool!

This is a great movie and I would be very interested in an Army of Darkness Scenario. I'm not much of a modder though, so I wouldn't be of much help :(

For a second there I thought it was the Pokemon guy, and considered putting him in the Playground Mod.

I thought that too. Never heard of this chap, but he looks great, like all your units...

Top Bottom