Hall of Fame in MOO2

Murky

Deity
The formula for the score isn't specified. The manual just says it's a combination of factors; time, map size, population, conquered citizens, difficulty level, etc. There are bonuses if you defeat the Guardian and Anatarans. My highest score so far is about 2100. In that game, it was a huge map, impossible difficulty. I had conquered all the AIs except for one tiny planet, to keep from winning by conquest. I defeated the Guardian and won the game by winning the battle at Antaries.

The problem is that you do not gain anything from the difficulty level. The main way to gain a high score is to milk the game out to the point that you lose more points than you gain by going on.

This is about 500 turns. The next biggest thing is to not use any racial points.

You can also use some tricks, which I do not use. The main one that I recall is to grab a planet and them gift or let it be capture. The another thing I just remembered is to use planet tech to form planets from asteriods and gas one.

In conjuction with that you dump toxic planet to get better ones, but I forgot how that was done.

Anyway I think you can get in the 30K something. The highest one I ever did was this one and it was too much work to try to beat it.

Race -6 Repulsive -2 Ship Attack -2 Ground Combat

Huge universe (173 colonies)
PreWarp tech Organic Rich Antaran On
340% (24 picks left)
Start 1 system, one planet

Time 499 turns 781 pts
5385 pop 5385 pts (? not housed)
6 players elim 300 pts
tech 262 pts
154 captured 154 pts
antarans 250 pts
100 orion 100 pts
score 7155*340 24327 pts

You can drive the captured up with ease and you could start with a better univers and star system. I suspect that one race was eliminated by someone else, but I forget.

It could be I did not take down their last planet, but you can attack Antaries and the last planet on the same turn.

Anyway for what it is worth that is what I know about it and can still remember.

In conjuction with that you dump toxic planet to get better ones, but I forgot how that was done.
I think you settle it, give it to someone else, blow it up with a stellar converter to make asteroids, then turn the asteroids back into a planet and resettle it.

I was thinking that but, I never held a planet in a system I destroyed, so I was not sure if it makes asteriods or not.

Not to the score. It was intended that it would but I guess they screwed up. Civ score are multiplied by the level, which makes sense.

The fewer picks you use the better your score. The max is 340 percent. You can fly pop to speed filling planets and shorten the number of turns need, but that is more work than I want to do. I will do it in the early game, but not for long.

I played a game on easy that had a huge map and 8 opponents.

I took -10 points in picks which resulted in a 300% bonus to the score. I eliminated 5 opponents, defeated the guardian and the Antarans.

The score broke down something like this.

Turns 422 = 844 points (2pts / turn?)
939 pop = ( I forget how many points this generated)
122 Conquered pop
Eliminated 5 rivals (50x5=250)
Tech +177 points
Defeated the Guardian at Orion +100 points
Defeated Anatarans +250 points.

The Base Score ended up being 2650.

2650 x300% = 7950

What difficult level do you play? I play only not possibly. My Race are telepatic +6, lower-g -5, ground-battle -3 and spy -3 = 240%
not possible, hugh, mineral rich, 8 opponents, antarn on, high tech level

Time 277 turns 1003 pts
5157 pop 5157 pts
6 players elim 300 pts
tech 242 pts
700 captured 350 pts
antarans 250 pts
100 orion 100 pts
score 7402*280 20726 pts

The groundscore are higher. In past I will play without any pics...300% and unpossible. Easy level is boring :D Are strained how many scores then.

i only want to post taht my score in mooII is 29366 ! is ther anyone else with an still hgiher score?

sice the last year i tray to reach the max. score in mooII! i have a frind he trays the same, but no one of us knows where is the end:. i know 29366 is not the end, but it will be interesting to know what is the max. score that ever was reached.( sorry for my bad english!!!)

You would first need to know what the max number of star systems and planets can be in a game. Then you could come close to a possible max. Still it has to be done in about 500 turns or you lose more than you gain.

Yeah just keep an eye out as you get to 490's as you can go a bit beyond 500, if you are getting enough pop to offset the reduction in the turn count.

An easy way to get a quick point boost (though I didn't know that difficulty didn't matter) is to use lithovore in teh early game and then use evolutionary mutation to buy cybernetic. This frees up ten points you can use as bonus points.

If you use any picks, you will not be able to get a max bonus of 340%. Why would you want Cybernetics anyway? Especially at the point where you have gotten so far down the tech tree.

If it had any value, it would be in the early game combat.

Yeah, that suggestion is if you're not capable of getting the full 340% and if you're actually using some of the picks for race development. Cybernetic sucks, but it's incompatible with lithovore, and so you 'get back' the lithovore points at the endgame (when you don't really need it either).

Cybernetic sucks, but it's incompatible with lithovore, and so you 'get back' the lithovore points at the endgame (when you don't really need it either).

I didn't know that. Thanks. That info is useful for mods since the Evo. Mut. can be moved forward in the tech. tree. I think I already moved it up closer to mid game in a mod I made last year. It's been awhile since I played, I'll have to check it out.

I have read that it has no effect and if you look at the scores posted, you do not see any multipler for level. You do not see any category for level.

It would be easy for you to test. Make a game on a small map, with the min race. Use editor to give techs to let you end the game quickly. Run it at two levels of you choice and see if the score is impacted.

You should be able to have both games come out nearly the same and any differences should be easy to attribute.

Top Bottom