Gondor Soldiers

Chuggi

Espada
These are Gondor Soldiers from The Lord of the Rings movies.

Gondorian Swordsman
This unit is based off a knight that had been dismounted from his horse (from the Total Realism mod). I added a new head/helmet, skirt, cape and front piece to the unit, as well as the shield. The shield was created by White Rabbit :) which can also be found in this shield pack he made. Also it uses the Knights Templar animations.

Download Swordsman!

Gondorian Knight
This one is the same as the swordsman except he is on a horse with a slightly smaller shield, and a different cape. He uses the regular knight animation.

Download Knight!

All comments welcome.

Very nice Chuggy. :goodjob:

Is this the woodelf position? :D

yup you took it :D

Very nice work Chuggy. What a pitty that 1939 mod doesn't place in fantasy worlds - i would use this beautiful unit than :)

I like these. Very good work. But-
Iam having the same problem as Thomas.Berubeg below with a NIF file to put in <NIF>ART/UNITS.
Ive had no trouble with Waffen SS Unit and Bismark ,but this is not working. I thought was my problem until I seen Thomas's Post.
I am real new and learning the blender. Along with the max tool
Do we need to edit anything to get a basic NIF file without the FX NIF?

Thanks everyone for the compliments :D anyway where is woodelf? Also I forgot to say this in the original post *been updated* but the shield was made by white rabbit.

I guess Amra is the new woodelf.

Super units!

Eastern Standard Time woodelf is sleeping at this time Chuggy! Please hold off on starting new unit threads until at least 6am. :p

Super units!

Eastern Standard Time woodelf is sleeping at this time Chuggy! Please hold off on starting new unit threads until at least 6am. :p

Sorry :lol: I'll try to hold off until 6am (here in aus or where you are?) but if it's here then I will probably be asleep also.

i can't get the unit to work: this is what i have

<UnitMeshGroup>
<iRequired>3</iRequired>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_GONDORSOLDIER</EarlyArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>

and in the art defines,

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_GONDORSOLDIER</Type>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Art/Units/Gondor_Swordsman/GondorSwordsman_FX.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Gondor_Swordsman/knightstemplar.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Gondor_Swordsman/GondorSwordsman_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>0.85</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

i've attached a picture of what i get in the game. this isn't the first time i get an error like this, but i've always been able to fix it before.

Attachments

• gondorsoldier.JPG
    gondorsoldier.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 154
Try <KFM>Art/units/scenario/knigts_templar/knightstemplar.kfm</KFM> (spelt like that) which is the default place. I included those animations in the zip because I thought it may have been a "Warlords Only" scenario unit so you wouldn't have the animations.

Oh and I just realised that this guy is more of a Numenorian Swordsman (at the start of the 1st film) than a more modern Gondor Swordsman. But they are similar and I'll make the other one probably.

Try <KFM>Art/units/scenario/knigts_templar/knightstemplar.kfm</KFM> (spelt like that) which is the default place. I included those animations in the zip because I thought it may have been a "Warlords Only" scenario unit so you wouldn't have the animations.

Oh and I just realised that this guy is more of a Numenorian Swordsman (at the start of the 1st film) than a more modern Gondor Swordsman. But they are similar and I'll make the other one probably.
Right, I copied the Knightstemplar_FX located in the Art/units/SCENERIO/KnightsTemplar_FX file for the <SHADER NIF> and I got a working version for my vanilla version, thanks alot. I just never seen him before so I didnt see it. This works for me. Its Fine work, oh Ive got Japanese leader too from your work also, very good!

they're very nice- i like the tree on the shield - its very detailed

Thank WR for the shield. I like it too (which is why I used it) :)

Right, I copied the Knightstemplar_FX located in the Art/units/SCENERIO/KnightsTemplar_FX file for the <SHADER NIF> and I got a working version for my vanilla version, thanks alot. I just never seen him before so I didnt see it. This works for me. Its Fine work, oh Ive got Japanese leader too from your work also, very good!

BTW I have taken the animations out of the file and put some useful notes in the first post.

Top Bottom