Aegean Sailor (24 Apr 2007)

embryodead

Caliph
Another late Byzantine-wannabe unit from MEM. It's not likely accurate, but I needed an amphibious unit that looks somewhat different from normal spearmen/infantry, hence the attack (I imagine you'd stab people like that from a boat ;) )

Preview:

Pedia:

Download:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4676

1st post!

Oohh... Pointy shield... You can kill someone with that! :D

Fabulous. Love that kite shield :goodjob: But what's it doing in the hands of a sailor:confused:

No idea :p It was supposed to add the late Byzantine element, but as I said, it's not likely an accurate unit :blush:

I thought the Normans used that kind of shield? :confused: My history section was always a bit rusty. I like the attack btw.

As far as I understand, Byzantine shields were oval at first, then changed to kite design, likely under the influence of Normans.

There wouldn't be any chance of this unit loosing his tights, changing his shield and wearing sandals instead of his current footwear, is there? He looks like he could make a perfect ancient sailor, too!

I don't care if he's historically innaccurate or whatever, he rules! And I'll give him to my Byzantines! Yay!

:bump: I've been playing MEM as the Byzantines lately, and noticed a little glitch when the Aegean Sailor looks to the North:

Here's a little correction I made for this great unit (only one frame was wrong so I pasted a bit of the next frame, no big deal).

Top Bottom