HOF-IV Update

Dianthus

Small but hardy
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 165 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to billator for the highest score of the update with a Small Monarch Domination game for 232032 points. Methos was the most active player during this update, submitting 24 games.

G-Minor 17 has concluded. Kuningas narrowly claimed first place with the same date (1680 AD) as jesusin, but with more points. Bozso77 took 3rd place with 1715 AD. G-Major 11 is now active, a large monarch cultural.

>> Civ IV HOF
>> Full Update Details
>> Discussion Thread

6 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update. AAA submitted a 1509 AD Small Deity Space Race game for 81908 points. Alsark submitted a 3580 BC Duel Deity Conquest game for 14227 points. Jean d´Eath submitted a 3835 BC Duel Deity Conquest game for 24880 points. Miraculix submitted a 1659 AD Large Deity Space Race game for 7404 points and a 1904 AD Huge Deity Space Race game for 5396 points. Misotu submitted a 1870 AD Tiny Deity Diplomatic game for 24245 points. WastinTime submitted a 2050 AD Tiny Deity Time game for 33701 points and a 1365 AD Duel Deity Cultural game for 76079 points and a 3835 BC Duel Deity Conquest game for 25179 points.

A number of players gained number one positions:
AAA with a 1509 AD Small Deity Space Race game for 81908 points.
Misotu with a 1870 AD Tiny Deity Diplomatic game for 24245 points.
WastinTime with a 2050 AD Tiny Deity Time game for 33701 points.
WastinTime with a 1365 AD Duel Deity Cultural game for 76079 points.

Alan_of_Dale with a 350 AD Tiny Immortal Domination game for 113100 points.
Alan_of_Dale with a 1150 AD Tiny Immortal Conquest game for 109815 points.
Misotu with a 1830 AD Tiny Immortal Diplomatic game for 18587 points.

Alan_of_Dale with a 940 AD Tiny Emperor Conquest game for 78683 points.
Jean d´Eath with a 1910 AD Large Emperor Space Race game for 4695 points.
Misotu with a 1810 AD Tiny Emperor Diplomatic game for 15531 points.

billator with a 710 BC Small Monarch Domination game for 232032 points.
Jean d´Eath with a 1671 AD Large Monarch Space Race game for 4319 points.
Methos with a 1908 AD Huge Monarch Space Race game for 3864 points.

Airny with a 2050 AD Duel Prince Time game for 11548 points.
berserks01 with a 640 AD Standard Prince Domination game for 90674 points.
Jean d´Eath with a 1912 AD Standard Prince Space Race game for 3926 points.
Jean d´Eath with a 1857 AD Huge Prince Space Race game for 3548 points.
RemoWilliams with a 1535 AD Duel Prince Cultural game for 36895 points.
VincentThe88 with a 1910 AD Large Prince Conquest game for 31572 points.
VincentThe88 with a 2050 AD Duel Prince Time game for 8677 points.

AnitaGaribaldi with a 1810 AD Small Noble Cultural game for 23809 points.
Jean d´Eath with a 1855 AD Huge Noble Space Race game for 2976 points.
Lord Orpon with a 1260 AD Small Noble Conquest game for 42501 points.

AAA with a 1620 AD Small Warlord Space Race game for 42433 points.
berserks01 with a 1050 AD Standard Warlord Domination game for 71767 points.

Alsark with a 1508 AD Huge Chieftain Diplomatic game for 9092 points.

Alsark with a 1885 AD Large Settler Conquest game for 5493 points.
Shoot the moon with a 1250 AD Huge Settler Cultural game for 17458 points.
VincentThe88 with a 1818 AD Large Settler Cultural game for 8655 points.

Whoa, I can't believe I got in the top 10 for my game settings category (Noble, Standard, Domination, Ancient, Normal speed) on my first ever Warlords game! I downloaded the HOF mod at the same time as getting the patch and tried it out straightaway.

I've only had Civ IV a month or so and got Warlords since I lent my vanilla disc to my friend. When I had vanilla I won 3 times on Noble (space race, cultural and domination, all standard continents games with random leaders, noble difficulty, played a bit on lower levels but it seemed to be a bit easy so I never finished the games). I was moving up to Prince level (without any success) after reading tips on the forum then went for Warlords after I got withdrawal symptoms.

Now after being battered about 4 times on Prince level (last game was looking like a space race win but Genghis and his vassals all piled on me with modern infantry when I only had mech infantry, with predicatble results, I was Wang Kon), I'm doing a bit more strategy reading.

Great site you have here, and it's a great game this. It takes me about 30+ hours to finish a game though, so I don't think I'll be entering loads of games here. My XBox360 and Wii haven't had a look in since I got Civ.

Methos was the most active player during this update, submitting 24 games.

Who would have thought that having a newborn baby would allow me to play even more civ! :) I've got it down pat now, I can hold her and feed her with my left arm and run the mouse with my right. My wife sits in the nursery pumping and I play civ feed the baby. You know, my wife was wondering why I'm always offering to do the feedings! :mischief:

Congratulations and welcome ParadigmShifter! And a big congratulations to Methos! 24 games with a baby! Now tell us honestly, your newborn is giving you strategy tips, no?

24? That is nuts. I thought I was doing really really well to submit 3 games during that time. How is it even humanly possible to submit 24 games in the space of 2 weeks? Are you doing SGOTM as well? When do you eat?

The question is not when I eat, but when she eats!

daddy's girl has you wrapped around her finger already! she just doesn't know why ;)

You think that's nuts, than I suggest you not look at Jean d'Eath's # of games in this update!

The question is not when I eat, but when she eats! :D

uhm... well i had a good time back then... :smug: has been right after i finished my diploma thesis...
by the way i depends which kind of game you play... if you are going for a huge/ancient/marathon/time games then 24 games are really massive... if you are going for duel/ancient/marathon/conquest then 24 games are not that much...

This is the first time Dianthus does the upgrade, and it's also the first time that the spaces show up like they should (no  ). Coincidence? ;)

I'm just letting everyone know that I do not intend to run for Chieftain next term. With the new baby I'm finding time is limited and maintaining my responsibility as Chieftain and a citizen is very hard. Originally our daughter wasn't due until May 7th, so I felt I would have the month of April to fully focus on being a Chieftain. Our daughter came early, so I'm having trouble maintaining my duties now. I apologize for this and I hope my term hasn't been that bad.

In all honesty, I think I'm going to back out of the Demogame after this term, at least for a while. When things calm down on this end I'll try and rejoin.

Who would have thought that having a newborn baby would allow me to play even more civ! :) I've got it down pat now, I can hold her and feed her with my left arm and run the mouse with my right. My wife sits in the nursery pumping and I play civ feed the baby. You know, my wife was wondering why I'm always offering to do the feedings! :mischief:

*Cough* :p
I just love multiquoting across pages

This is the first time Dianthus does the upgrade, and it's also the first time that the spaces show up like they should (no  ). Coincidence? ;)
It's not the first time, but it has been a while. No coincidence either :D.

Don't know if this is the appropriate thread but I was wondering how many games I can turn in for each map-type,size,difficulty,etc; I just finished my first HOF game(finished g-minor but it wouldn't have submitted on time)but I think it is too weak to turn in as my oasis map.Can someoerne explain some of the parameters for Mapquest,Inferno.etc;.Sorry if this issomething I could find in another thread.Just trying to have someone clear it up.

Don't know if this is the appropriate thread

The best place possibly to ask is in the FAQ: Welcome to the HoF! thread, but this works too.

but I was wondering how many games I can turn in for each map-type,size,difficulty,etc;

As many as you want. The main thing to remember is that only two games from each player are listed in any single table, but you can submit as many as you want. In other words if you submit 100 duel marathon conquest settler games, only your best two will be listed in the tables for that category, but all of them count.

In other words if you submit 100 duel marathon conquest settler games, only your best two will be listed in the tables for that category, but all of them count.

I got irrigated by that. I thought only the best two games of a category count.

I thought only the best two games of a category count.

I shouldn't have included that last part. It should read more like this:
In other words if you submit 100 duel marathon conquest settler games, only your best two will be listed in the tables for that category.

The next update will take place in a day or so. A new minor gauntlet is not planned, so this shouldn't be a big deal.

Is it too late for the game I just submitted (about 20 seconds ago) to be counted? It's the last one I need for QM.

oh!

I actually know the answer to one of these questions! :D

Any games accepted before the update is published will be included in that update.

Top Bottom