President's Thread Term 9

Memphus

Deity
Chat it up in here.

Let me know what's going on :)

Also we will be switching to Merchantilism soon. I still need to open the save and verify if there are any critical build for next turn. If not we will be switching :)

Would it also be good to change to Free Speech so that we get extr gold from towns? I think that would be best for us.

Not at this point.

The only city we have with Towns is our capital.

Switching to Free Speech would lose the Bureacracy bonus which gives +50% :commerce: & +50 :hammers: in the capital, so we would end up loosing :commerce: at this point.

We shouldn't switch to free speech until at least 2 more cities are matured with towns

Besides, it would be best to keep the production bonus of bureaucracy to assist in building up our Military for the Invasion. :evil:

The Settler Runs To Where our Projected Scion City is supposed to be, but the following Blue Circles appear:

Do we maybe want to reconsider our position?

Quick note about the update - Overlook Bay is still listed as 'unfounded'; I believe it was founded in 940AD or so ;)

I'd disregard the circles, as we're likely to have access to all the resources around those circles no matter what.

There was an analysis in a strategy article that tested the blue circles in worldbuilder. Essentially, the computer lays down blue circles where there will be the most special resources in the city's fat cross.

There was an analysis in a strategy article that tested the blue circles in worldbuilder. Essentially, the computer lays down blue circles where there will be the most special resources in the city's fat cross.

Which is kind of why I suggested maybe moving. Odds are that desert Tile contains oil, coal or aluminum, so do we want that in the city radius or not?

I think the blue tiles bug was fixed already. The computer is just allergic to tile overlap now. :D

We will have no trouble claiming all the tiles in our border regardless of city placement.

For what it's worth, I vote to settle in place.
:salute:

I haven't seen any screenshots in the STOE thread in ages...

:(

you get some pics in the Foreign SOtE update :)

Yeah :sad: that is me getting lazy cause it takes so long to post.I will have more pictures in the next one

Well you do have a tough job. I know that when I was the Sultan of SABER, in the MTDG II, it took me about 2 hours play and post a turn and I was just doing the first 20 or so turns, where not much happened, so it is much harder in the later turn, so we appreciate the job that you do.

Ditto that :agree:

You've got the bulk of the work here, especially when certain ministers don't really ever post official orders :blush:

:salute: We'll have to get you a nice fruit basket one of these days, in appreciation for your efforts :D

Top Bottom