[MapScript] LD_Mirror_Remote_Continents

LDeska

LDeska
This is a modified "Mirror" script from original Civ4Warlords. It creates two continents separated by ocean, so first contact with opponent will be when someone build caravels or galleons.

I removed all 4 custom options which exist in original script and chose following values:
1) mirror type - reflection (left-right)
2) team start - start together
3) map type - wide continents
4) map wrap mode - cylinder (you can navigate left-right, but not north-south)

Next thing I did was shrinking continents to make sure that there is a gap between them for at least 6 tiles (on both sides, because of cylinder wrap mode). This gap is often greater - even 10 tiles. Continents are about 8 tiles wide (all mentioned values are for map size 'tiny'). It's not too much (water takes a lot of this map), so I think that it may be wise to choose 'small' map size - continents are then up to 13 tiles wide.

This map script was done for my friend, but maybe someone else will find it useful.

Installation instructions:
1. Download file LD_Mirror_Remote_Continents.zip
2. Unpack it - you'll get file LD_Mirror_Remote_Continents.py
3. Copy file LD_Mirror_Remote_Continents.py to directory My Document\My Games\Warlords\PublicMaps
4. Run civ4Warlords, set up new game - you should have new option "LD_Mirror_Remote_Continents" in "Map type" combo-box

Original thread for this map: http://forum.kac.org.pl/viewtopic.php?p=22638#22638

Attachments

• LD_Mirror_Remote_Continents.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 328
I've played this against a chap called Andreas23 who I do many 1vs1 ironman games. Great script, worked brilliantly, thank you :)

Thanks both of you, next map to do is a script for you DeviousDevil :) winners have rights to be first ;) I'll contact you via xfire to discuss the details...

P.S. I would like to avenge my defeat with you in KAC Cup - maybe we will play this map :D ?

Top Bottom