New unit; Stuka dive bomber

Smoking mirror

Ships Captain
EDIT;

Unit deleted to save space on the server.
Please find a smaller, resized unit on page two or look for riptides exelent Stuka unit.

And part two.
To use the unit, just create a folder in your CivIII/art/Units called Stuka and put the contents of these two zip files, and the following sound files, in to the folder.
from the firaxis bomber unit;
BomberRUN.wav
BomberatckGUN.wav
Bomberdeath.wav
BomberBOMB.wav

cool looking unit man I just said not to long ago some one needs to make one and this one looks great!;)

Dude you're just cranking out the goods!!! :D :D :D
What's that - 5 new units in 2 days? We're never gonna be able to start a new game :suicide:

Anyways I really want a merkava - the most beautiful tank ever made. I'll even go to the extreme of trying to make one myself based on IDF photos. The problem is I'm rather ignorant of the way. :confused: If anyone could point a finger to a thread or website to learn how please do! You use flicster and paint pro or something? The reason is I want to change the aztecs to israelis but first they need some hardware to play with.

Hmmm. I'm a bit torn here. One one hand, it's really well done, but on the other... it just doesn't look "stuka-ish" enough. The dimentions seem "off", or something...

It's really well done however, and I'm not trying to knock your fine work or anything :)

Originally posted by dannyevilcat
Hmmm. I'm a bit torn here. One one hand, it's really well done, but on the other... it just doesn't look "stuka-ish" enough. The dimentions seem "off", or something...

It's really well done however, and I'm not trying to knock your fine work or anything :)

it's the wings. they don't appear to bend quite enough.
nice though.
does it have the diving part included?

Originally posted by Smoking mirror
I can't find a goood dive bomber sound for it yet, but the standard bomber sound works O.K.

Here it is, part one;

Hi. If you want, I cant find to you good Ju-87 Stuka's sounds, and post them in the Sounds Thread.
Bye!

Yes, I did have some trouble with the wings, I just couldn't seem to get them right, so I just ended up making the unit as it was. If I can find some bueprints with actual mesurements, I will do a V2.00, the planes only take a few hours to do cos they only have about 4 animations.
The unit does have a "dive" animation, but because of the way that Civ III animates the air units (it plays the animation while moving the unit over the target) I was kind of limited In what I could do, any up or down or left to right movement just doesn't work, it looks too odd. What I setled for was a roll to the left, repeated twice during the animation, it looks like the Stuka is avoiding enmy fire; with a good stuka sound the unit will work fine for now...

I am unemployed at the moment so Iv'e got plenty of time for WWII units.
What I need for units is good projection drawings, with front left right top and back views, as well as a good isometric front/left or front/right view. These are availabe by the boat load for tanks, but I cant find any for Planes :(

This is an example;

Sm, your quote...... Have you read the book "Stalingrad" by Antony Beevor? It's just that, I'm reading that, and that's the name of one of the chapters. The chapter I'm on , for that matter.

Just an interested history buff, that's all.

Yes it's one of my favourite books, there is a new one out soon by the same autour, about the red armies advance towards berlin.

Relations with the civil population; In germany just because someone is wearing women's clothes does not necessarily mean that she is a partisan, But in spite of this they are dangerous for anyone on leave from the front.
General; when on leave back in the fatherland take care not to talk about the paradise existence in the soviet union in case everybody wants to come here and spoil our idyllic comfort.

I am reading it again in preperation for an alternative history post war scenario. Just how would the russians have fared if it had been trotsky who had been leading the red army and stalin who had died in exile in mexico city on the 22nd of august 1940?
Stalin was a evil beast, but his aproach to communisim in isolation, as aposed to trotsky's drive for international communism undoubtedly helped with the strong "patriotic defence" of the USSR.

Hahaha! I knew it! It's gotta be one of my favourite WWII books. I love the way it starts, like a novel, and it manages to cover so many minute little aspects without becoming sidetracked.
there is a new one out soon by the same autour, about the red armies advance towards berlin.
It is a pity it only covered the first half of the war on the eastern front, but I like the way it shows the long term political ramifications of the victory at Stalingrad.
I am reading it again in preperation for an alternative history post war scenario. Just how would the russians have fared if it had been trotsky who had been leading the red army and stalin who had died in exile in mexico city on the 22nd of august 1940?
I've never given it a thought, I'm strictly interested in the war, though yes, it is an interseting consideration. I don't really know enough on the subject.

"A German field marshall does not commit suicide with a pair of nail scissors!" :D

I have a game that is already in progress. Can I still add these new WWII units. In term sof gameplay I haven't hit that (time) period yet but I'm not sure if technically it can be done..

Thansk in advance

No.

Changes only take place for new games. That is, if you are running version 1.21f. Previous patches allowed adding units to a game in progress.

First, thanks for taking the time to repond. I have not upgaded yet so that is not an issue. Would you be kind enough to point me to wherever the doc lies for how to add new units.

Gonna do that bliztkrieg bop :)

rocker,

Check out Plutarck's thread in the Tutorial section. Here's the link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9337

One word of warning... make backups of every file you change. Heed this warning or you may need to uninstall and reinstall Civ III plus all your mods... a time consuming oversight if you don't!

Could one of the unit designers shrink this unit abit? It is rather large as compared to most other units!

Top Bottom