[FfH II Art Team Blog]

seZereth

FfH´s art monk(ey)

This is the Art Team blog for the Shadow Phase.
For the Art Team Blog of the Fire Phase (before 16.12.o7) please have a look at post #409 or click here
For the Art Team Blog of the Light Phase please click here

If you want to remove the blood splatter effects in combat, download the zip attachment and extract it into your FfH directory

For all those who want a fangorn style ancient forest replacement, click here and unzip it into your fall from heaven II folder (the fiepath is inside the zip). It does not wok with roadcuts and some people might find it hard to spot units/improvements, etc. in it. but nevertheless you might want to give it a try (just delete the assets/art/terrain/features/ancient folder again)

small update 18.o3.o9

Today I fupdated the Ratha and the Chalid Model to complete the Empyrean. And as I heard some complaints about the missing unique Bannor Champion, I thought "why not use the effort put into Auric Ulvins Armor for a unit which is seen more often". I hope it was a good decision. decide yourself

small update 11.o3.o9

After a long time without eye candy I present you some promotion pictures again, this time for the Mercurian Herald and Repentant Angel.

small update 13.o1.o9
http://sezereth.cgsociety.org/gallery/717890/
A revised Courtesan, as complaints about the placeholder were understandable....

small update 13.o1.o9

My newest creation: The Arquebuse Gunman
Actually I created 4 dwarven units inbetween, but I am too lazy to arrange them in pretty pictures and upload them, so if you want to see them, get the latest patch...

small update 17.12.o8

My thesis is submitted and I have time again to create units for FfH II. cheerio.
Here is a new version of the Radient Guard. I had to do this after seeing the awesome picture Kael uses for the Radient Guard scenario.

big update 29.o8.o8
Hi.

Spoiler :

The folders inside the HUD folder go into your standard FfH directory and overwrite whatever is in there (to remove it, you will have to reinstall FfH I fear).

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id=376926&file=HUD+sezereth+edition+III.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/140918344/HUD_sezereth_edition_III.zip.html

(2 links, just to make sure one of them works)

I worked long and hard on this stuff and I wanna get as much feedback from you guys as possible.

thanks to xienwolf, you are awesome!

small update 13.1o.o8

The Elohim Devout finally got her Unit Art. I created her after the unit button picture. Hope you like her...

big update 21.o9.o8

So, this is the grigori Army pack, in addition to what you see on the screenshot, it includes chariot and horsearcher. so, look forward to 0.34

small update 11.o8.o8

The Mud Golem for Luchuirp. Freshly formed from the ground itself, ready to rebuild the empire.
Sorry for my long absence, but I was very busy in rl. (I also finished the orcish slave, but it is not worth showing it here...)

small update 30.o7.o8

Finally Stephanos will leave his leading position at Mardi Gras and start terrifying Erebus. I am a bit proud of him, because i think he really turned out well considering his polies and texture and the short creation time (this is again nothing firaxis... he is completely custom)
Here are the 2D pics:
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/294227/294227_1217371096_small.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stephanosfinish2wb7.jpg

small update 24.o7.o8

The Balseraph Puppet summon... reintroduced in 0.33

small update 14.o7.o8

Sorry for my long absence, was working on the Fury Road mod. But i am back for FfH II and here is Ars Morendi, the fourth Horseman.

small update 25.o5.o8

This is the Svartalfar Huntress. I put a lot of details into this one, just because I felt guilty (looking at Sureshot ;]), but I hope the result makes up for the patience you had to have :] And before questions arise: yes, those are raven feathers and yes it is a panther fur at her belt. and yes, she looks a bit warlike for a recon unit, but hey, they are supposed to be the svartalfars main attack force, so I think they are combat proved (next to being sneaky)

small update 24.o5.o8

This is the Balseraph Mimic. Designed to be a natural upgrade from the Swordsman, still implementing some mimic related theme (white skin, black clothes). And a big sword... hope you like him. Next will be Svartalfar Huntress, i promise ;)

small update o5.o5.o8

This is the Svartalfar Mage. She is the upgraded version of the Adept. She is as well roughly designed after a concept Pic Ploeperpengel gave me for Warhammer Dark elves (just because i am so kind to Ploe...). She will be used in the WH Mod and in FfH II. cheers.

small update o2.o5.o8
This is the Svartalfar Adept. she is designed after a concept Pic Ploeperpengel gave me for Warhammer Dark elves. She will be used in the WH Mod and in FfH II. cheers.

small update 26.o4.o8

This is Auric Ulvin, one of the Main Characters for one of the Campaigns. You will lead or fight him, on his way to reawaken Mulcarn, God of Winter and bringing another Age of Ice. I tried to stay close to the original Leaderhead.

small update o6.o4.o8

Found some time in between writing my reports. This is the long anticipated Mageupgrade for the Ljosalfar Spellcasters, so not all of their magic users look the same anymore... in game an effect is actually attached to her staff :) everything handmodelled and handpainted. hope you like her. cheers...

small update 17.o3.o8

Just the upgrade of the Adept to the Mage. Still having the chaotic destructive motive of the Sheaim... in game an effect is actually attached to his staff :) all handmodelled and handpainted. cheers...

small update o9.o3.o8

After a long Hotseat session, I couldn´t resist coming back to work on FfH ;)
So... here is the new Sheaim Adept, ready to learn the dark secrets of magic (modelled and handpainted based on various other Sheaim units I modelled before).

small update o4.o2.o8

Someone to repair the Clockwork Golem. you can find him in the FileDB and in the next release of FfH II ;)

small update o1.o2.o8

It was time for a new Clockwork Golem model and I am absolutely happy how it turned out (modelled and painted from scratch).
He does look a bit crude and evil, but first, he needs to be covered in armor and second, it´s always better to scare your foos.

small update 13.o1.o8

After the long christmas pause,... Sphener finally got his unique graphic, as close to the original concept as I wanted to go, he has around 900 triangles, uses one 256 texture and another 256 gloss map with a custom environment light.

update 16.12.o7
Shadow is released! cleaned up this thread, making room for new pictures, the old Blog is in #409 and can be accessed via a link in this thread. further I linked the "light" blog, too.

small update 14.12.o7

Shadow is almost here, not only Sidar and Svartalfar and Malakim got new exciting art, but also the Balseraphs will show up with some new designs. here I present you the Freak, tortured, whipped, mutated, still the highlight of a Balseraph Arena fight. He uses a Chain with a Hook to do with his opponents what has been done to him by his masters and nature.

very small update 15.11.o7
Click here
modelled a female character and hand painted her to give a first sketch of svartalfar units. this will be the base for several female units. p.s. her hairs will sway in the wind ;]
here we go, another unit and another reason to play sheaim ;]
everyone under 16, dont press the thumb nail ;]

small update 3o.1o.o7
SOrry, Image count above 20, so just click here for the Puppeteer ;]
Here is the Balseraph puppeteer...
hope you like him. he has no weapon and uses scout animation

The thread is supposed to give everyone the chance to have a look at the creation process of visual content for FfH and to feedback (and motivate/ criticize) us.
It is open for everyone to comment on the Art design stuff, but I would like you to report pink stuff and floating items not here, but in the cosmetic issues thread, thank you and have fun

Attachments

• noGore.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 420
It may not look just like this when it's released, but here's a shot of some centaur archers.

28 Dec 2007 - Sidar's Ghost and Hero
Spoiler :
Some preview of the Sidar

-Ghost

-Rathus (with his NetherBlade)

18 Nov 2007 - The Lamia
Spoiler :
A teaser of what the Kurio's spellcaster will look like in shadow :

Modeled and Skinned from scratch by me. Took me some time to finish, but now I have a base for all the spellcasters.

I'll grab a post I guess, but I haven't worked on this in a while. Hopefully I'll get to do that sooner rather than later as I like fantasy units. :)

great, the blog is now open, there is not much to see right now, but we will do our best to keep this updated. so have a look from time to time.

I have a question: do you intend to have all of the civilizations eventually have a unique warrior?

well, my intention is to have all civilizations ALL UNITS UNIQUE.
Right now I normally do some units of one civ (mostly melee), before I go on to another Civ.
But I am considering doing eventually the lower tier units of all civs first (well at least for those civs which I am responsible for), so you get a distinctive start.
But this will take time ;)

I hope you dont have anything against it?

Having shields with civ coat of arms is really a nice art, and makes units more distinctive.Crusader model with Order coat of arms on the shield was just a piece of art.I hope to see more units with shields that have shown their civ coat of arms.

I have just one request as a religion monger, when we will have the final models of Holy Shrines?I am really waiting to see how Necronomicon will appear ;)

well, my intention is to have all civilizations ALL UNITS UNIQUE.
Right now I normally do some units of one civ (mostly melee), before I go on to another Civ.
But I am considering doing eventually the lower tier units of all civs first (well at least for those civs which I am responsible for), so you get a distinctive start.
But this will take time ;)

I hope you dont have anything against it?

It's a great goal. Good Luck! :)

If you need any help with your work, pm me. I could make some weapons for ya or something. (Finally got Maya to work again)

Kael might have to actually work, so I will. :)

the second favour in one day... I might owe you a well designed hero unit :)

So is that recolored Armageddon counter at the top the new "official" FFH logo?
You guys could make a sweet main menu title out of it.

Oh yeah, back on topic, I've been working on some unit models (like the Valkyrie) for a while now. If the Art Team is interested, I could post some here. They're nowhere near as good as you guys' work, but it's something. :lol:
By the way, SeZ, I noticed that you're using Blender for the Elohim warrior. I've been using it myself, and I was wondering, is it possible to make Civ-friendly animations in Blender?

So is that recolored Armageddon counter at the top the new "official" FFH logo?
You guys could make a sweet main menu title out of it.

Oh yeah, back on topic, I've been working on some unit models (like the Valkyrie) for a while now. If the Art Team is interested, I could post some here. They're nowhere near as good as you guys' work, but it's something. :lol:
By the way, SeZ, I noticed that you're using Blender for the Elohim warrior. I've been using it myself, and I was wondering, is it possible to make Civ-friendly animations in Blender?

It is the official "fire" phase logo.
(and yes apparently we will have one for shadow and ice too ;))

So, yes please post all your stuff you want to share and tell us if we should use it as a base to improve or if you want it "1 or 0" (in like it is or not).
And Ploe is already working on a Valkyrie, so don`t spend too much time with this, if you dont really want it personally.

Second:
Blender does not support any animation thing. you cant even watch them. for that you need 3dsmax.

Top Bottom