New civ: Messapic Empire

ElGrillo

Warlord
Name: Messapic Empire
Short/Adj: Messapic

Starting Techs: Agriculture, Animal Husbandry

Leader 1: Opis (spiritual,creative),
Leader 2: Artas (protective,Philosophical)

U.U.: Messapic Knight (replaces the horse archer) same as horse archer +1 :move:
U.B.: Messapic Walls (replaces the walls), same as walls +2:)
U.B.: Messapic Threshold (replaces the Great Wall) same as great wall +2 extra :culture:

Bug: For some reason, the messapic threshold does not shows the texture but the original Great wall. if anyone knows the solution, please let me know.

Just wanted to say thanks to GeoModder who tried to help me and GarretSidzaka for the Alexander no-whreat.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5238

Attachments

• civ.JPG
    civ.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 247
  • leader1.JPG
    leader1.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 270
  • leader2.JPG
    leader2.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 243
  • UU.JPG
    UU.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 288
  • UB1.JPG
    UB1.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 200
Wow another great civ there ElGrillo! :goodjob: I don't suppose I can talk you into joining the EBCIV project? With the way your skills are developing you would make some of those factions absolutally rock!:goodjob:

oh thanks! I had a look at the project. I can see what can I do to help

When your ready to get started send me a pm with what faction you want to work on. ( Take a look at the list and see what tickles your fancy) I will lend you what ever help you need. UU's, city lists, leader info, research help. I'm always just a p.m away. Also take a look at the main EB site, the faction pages on there are a gold mine of info open to you to use aswell. The link is in the main EBCIV announcement thread. Hope to hear from you soon! :goodjob:

Aranor

Nice, the Messapians were most likely the first Illyrian settlers of the Italian peninsula, and spoke a language believed to have originated from the Illyrian language.

The civ was well thought out and looks pretty cool, but I would suggest a more colorful icon for the UU. Also, the civ is slightly overpowered as it starts out with a technology that isn't a tier 1 tech, and it has a second UB (a better Great Wall).

thanks for reporting, maybe I can cut the extra 10%, so the Threshold will be at the same level of the great wall. They were considered overprotective so I thought it was a good idea. For the tech I followed the historical notions, as they were considered excellent horse-people, animal husbandry was due as they used to breed horsed too.

And yes, the UU icon need achange. It's the only pic I found so I'm searching for better ones or an ingame image will be used ;)

Top Bottom