The Great Stupa at Sanchi

Ogedei_the_Mad

Caffeinated Khagan
I've converted the preview to PNG format; Pounder pointed out that it was in BMP. ;)

If you do things in Photoshop, the color loss isn't at all significant or noticeable to the untrained eye. I have a preference for blue skies, especially after having had seen the ugly brownish soupy skies while living in the Los Angeles area. ;)

There's the Ise Shrine and the Kyoto palace that I said I'd make for Gen. Rommel (if he's still here, that is ;) ). And of course, I'll continue making Indian buildings for Rob's Anno Domini and Blue Monkey's Bharata bazaar. I think I'll turn the white building that I posted a pic of earlier into a gambling hall building. Also, I'm thinking about trying something unusual - Spaceballs City from the movie "Spaceballs." :D

I mostly noticed the wood colour losing a few shades here.
I didn't want to say anything before, because of the overall quality of the work. I feel impelled to do so because varwnos confirmed my instinctive reaction. It bothered me that the final version had what looked to me like wooden textures that were not evident in the WIP postings.

To quote Wikipedia (the handiest source to track down quickly) on Sanchi: "A second stone pathway at groundlevel was enclosed by a stone balustrade with four monumental gateways (toranas) facing the cardinal directions."

The texture in the wonder splash and in the civlopedia pic are the same and the civlopedia pic uses the same texture as the preview pic. The only differences are camera angle and the sun positioning. I used a dark stone texture. I'm aware that it's not wood; I've spent quite a bit of time staring at photographs to get the shape of things accurate.

I didn't save the splash file after rendering it in Bryce, so I'm not going to make a new splash. This is just mostly a birthday gift for Buddha's Birthday after all. ;)

Anyways, this has been withdrawn from the May PCX competition; I will no longer submit any historical buildings for the PCX competition since I don't see any point in doing so. However, I am going to try my hand at something unusual for next month's themed competition. :D

There's nothing wrong with submitting historical buildings. I just no longer have an interest in the PCX competitions, that is all.

My final entry for the PCX competitions will be something for the Sci-fi themed competition, something that I've not yet ventured into (if you don't count Final Fantasy as sci-fi, of course ;) ).

Top Bottom