Modern Submarines

Wyrmshadow

Deity
*Creepy Jaws Music*

Awesome Subs.

I'll get back to this thread in a few months. Right now I didn't have a more appropriate place to post my subs. I will be redoing and reposting all my old subs here.

OK, I am fully aware this may incur the wrath of the Wyrm, but I have a question/comment. I know you are a perfectionist, and your body of work proves it.
But regarding the subs you posted. Will not virtually all of the detail, and your work, be lost when these units are shrunk down to Civ scale?

Would it not be easier, and faster, to skip some of the detail you know will be lost in the scaling down process? I realize this goes against your principles of unit building, but would it not make your life a lot easier without sacrificing one iota of quality?

Would it not be easier, and faster, to skip some of the detail you know will be lost in the scaling down process? I realize this goes against your principles of unit building, but would it not make your life a lot easier without sacrificing one iota of quality?

As I so often say, Wyrmshadow is far more than a "mere" unit making machine. He is a true artist, and this is his current form of artistic expression. Let the poor man be!

Best,

Oz

OK, I am fully aware this may incur the wrath of the Wyrm, but I have a question/comment. I know you are a perfectionist, and your body of work proves it.
But regarding the subs you posted. Will not virtually all of the detail, and your work, be lost when these units are shrunk down to Civ scale?

Hey man... if you sacrifice on detail, it will show. A stripped-down, coarsened-out unit will look like crap.

#1. Less details does indeed show.
#2. Texturing is the easy part. The greatest amount of time is spent rendering.

Respect! :goodjob:

However, i think you should stick to the old torpedo-launching animation, where the submerged part of the submarine is only half transparent. Just a suggestion.

When i resized the Whiskey i got a problem with the transparency. Colour was slightly of (RGB 151 and not RGB 152 or something like that).

Top Bottom