Clash of the Warmongers

ABigCivFan

Emperor
Game Report Index:

*1. 4000BC-1080BC (2 Cities settled; Great Scout; Met the Neighbors; Built the Great Wall) Updated 6/18/07

*2. 1080BC-450BC (Tech Trades; Axe on GK; Skirmish with Monty) Updated 6/18/07

*3. 450BC-1AD (Battle of Teotihuacan; Cash trades; JC The Friend; GK+Monty the Non-Threats) Updated 6/18/07

*4. 1AD-800AD (War with Vikings; 2nd GG; Philo Bulb; Science Boosts in Capital; War with Russia; Stone Wall Defense; 1 City Against 2 Civs; The Ultimate Hill Defender) Updated 6/18/07

*5. 800AD-1000AD (Happy Trading; Tenacious Defenders; War Hero; 3rd GG; Secret Betrayal; Alex-The Young And the Restless) Updated 6/18/07

*6. 1000AD-1150AD (WWI; 1 on 5 War; Charismatic Might; The End of The Great Kahn; The Unlikely Trading Partner ) Updated 6/18/07

*7. 1150AD-1370AD (Golden Age Building Rush WP/FP/Oxford; Battle of Zhou; Aztec Campaign Started; Double Dealing) Updated 6/25/07

*8. 1400AD-1525AD (Aztec Campaign Continues; Battle Tactics; Charismatic Rape of Aggressive Lands) Updated 6/25/07

*9. 1525AD-1625AD (WWII; The Forging of the Alliances; The Ultimate War Civics; The Viking War) Updated 6/25/07

*10. 1625AD-1790AD (Cathy the Cute Pet; Leonidas; Rapid Industrialization; Wonder Rushing; Production is King; Super Specialized Cities; The Great War Machine) Updated 7/14/07

*11. 1790AD-1834AD (Blitzkrieg! Continental Railroad Network; Preventive Measures Against JC and Nappy) Updated 7/15/07

*12. 1836AD-1866AD (The Ultimate War Bribe; Nappy the Sandwich Meat; Shaka The Meager; Bombers Rock!; The Great Combined Forces; The Metal Storm Slaughter Machine; End of Shaka; JC the Co-Victor; Globe Domination) Updated 8/11/07

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always wanted to play a game where I cram all the thugs, back-stabbers, bullies and most hated leaders of CIV4 into a Pangaea style blood bath game and slug it out. Here is the setting I am thinking:

Edit: WL2.08/Immortal/Pangaea/Large/Normal speed/Defaults

AIs:
Monty
Catherine
Ragnar
GK
Alex
Shaka
JC
Napolean

Edit: both Cesars would be fun if we could get them to go @ each other :devil:

Human:
Napolean/Hannibal/Washington/Brennus

All suggestions are welcome in terms of civ choices and settings. 4000BC saves are also welcome. We can play it out on this forum.

Thanks.

Here is the Brennus 4000BC game. I think I will go with this one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scout just poped a hut for 48:gold:

Here is the 4000BC save game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• BrennusMe BC-4000.CivWarlordsSave
    88.8 KB · Views: 134
Tech trading is going to be a pain... and you can't win an immortal game without tech trades.

I don't really care about winning a game like that. Just play for the heck of it. Besides, these guys are not the research freaks like Mensa, so as long as we dont fall too far behind on techs, we can always rely on our military wisdom.

Still need to befriend some civs and I could imagine a lot of bribery to get them fight each other.

Yes, tech trading *may* be difficult, although Monty, Alex, and especially Cathy can be good trading partners. Some of the other ones (e.g., Ragnar--financial) can be good after you butter them up.

I'm much more concerned about the fact that the AI tends to prefer attacking the human player, even if that means crossing the entire map, instead of attacking the AI next to them (even if at slightly worse diplomatic relations).

Nothing like having 6-7 warmongers looking "lovingly" in your direction...

What about having Stalin instead of Cathy? Is he more prone to aggression than Cathy? I never really have all that much problems from Cathy in terms of earlyish DoWs. I find her more like the French who will attack you during the Renaissance with streams and streams of cavalry.

I would sub Julius caesar for Catherine. If you want a real challenge also sub Napolean for Tokugawa and play as Ghandi.

Ouch ... smells like bloodbath ( hehehe :devil: ). Teching will be a nightmare, but who cares? We don't need more than a axe to smash skulls :D

More seriously, I like the idea and the leaders you choosed, but I would put Epic speed ( most of this guys have ancient UU, so in normal they would pass almost unnoticed ). Raging barbs would be useful to sharpen your early blades.

Unfortunately, my poor Monarch player capabilities don't allow me to follow you in that track :( ... But if you try to I'll be lurking :)

@ABigCivFan
Spoiler :

Already back on game? I wonder how you conviced your wife... Lord Chambers speech?

Yeah, i forgot about JC. From my experience, Catherine could be a royal pain with her Crea/Imp traits, she was capable of fast land-grab and empire building. If she were in my games, slowing her down is always top priority.

As for the civ we take, i was thinkng Charismatic as we do need some war bonus.

Too bad no charismatic/philosophical. Charismatic/creative would also be nice.

Man, I'm looking forward to the xpac...

Washington is a nice charismatic leader, although his UU comes too late. Hannibal is nice, although financial maybe not the best trait in a hardcore militaristic game. Cyrus is sweet if you have horses and your aggresive neighbours don't have metal hooked up (they tend to go for metal more often in my experience). Although starting next to Alex would suck.

Napoleon is an excellent choice though imo.

@r_rolo1
@ABigCivFan
Spoiler :

Already back on game? I wonder how you conviced your wife... Lord Chambers speech?

Spoiler :
The temptation of this game and this forum is too much. I did something similar to the Lord Chambers' speech long time ago, it got her laugh more than anything else. I treat her to nice restaurants, and promised her a trip to Rome in summer and etc. And think she is ok if I play for 1 hr/day now! :) yah

I vote you start with Washington and get the +2 health for the expansionist since you are at Immortal level. I would rank the most agressive civs as

Montezuma
Shaka
Ghengis
Isabella
Alexander
Julius
Napoelan
Ragnar

In my experience Ragnar is more aggressive than Genghis and the rest. Issy is aggressive if you have a different religion, but otherwise not really imo.

Genghis never really seems to do much of anything in my games, either militarily or tech-wise. He's just kind of a pigeon for the taking whenever I get around to attacking him...

edit: and don't forget toku :lol: too bad that guy didn't initiate more wars in my games. he just sits there doing nothing most of the time :lol:

@r_rolo1

Spoiler :
The temptation of this game and this forum is too much. I did something similar to the Lord Chambers' speech long time ago, it got her laugh more than anything else. I treat her to nice restaurants, and promised her a trip to Rome in summer and etc. And think she is ok if I play for 1 hr/day now! :) yah

@ABigCivFan
Spoiler :
:lol:
Good to see that bribe also works in RL.... Oops: gentle treatment and loving caretaking of our loved ones :p

In my experience Ragnar is more aggressive than Genghis and the rest. Issy is aggressive if you have a different religion, but otherwise not really imo.

Genghis never really seems to do much of anything in my games, either militarily or tech-wise. He's just kind of a pigeon for the taking whenever I get around to attacking him...

edit: and don't forget toku :lol: too bad that guy didn't initiate more wars in my games. he just sits there doing nothing most of the time :lol:
Funny, if GK features in my games he's very aggressive, declared on me once the turn he eliminated another civ. I never had any problems with Augustus Caesar very peaceful guy and always prepared to trade. Also Julius Caesar is not so aggressive as far as i know.

I guarentee Isabella will be fighting with someone. I sort of agree on Ghengis except if you have close borders early on. Ragnar is more agressive later in the. Stalin could be more of a challenge especially since he is agressive and starts with mining so he can research bronze working from the gate.

I found Julius pretty damn agressive. Agree on Agustus though, unless you have iron and he doesn't, then watchout!

One thing about Tokugawa, he will sit idle and be an isolationist. He will however always have a BIG army, well promted being agressive and protective, and when he does war he does not hold back. He's tough to pacify also.

If you have to choose one of the Ceasars, choose AC. Not very agressive, but pushes a lot your borders with those annoying crappy cities.
Don't put Izzy in this: she'll found Budhism and that will make the game a lot diferent.

My list:

Player:
Mehemed II ( he has a passive agresive schizo behavior (in my games atleast) and has a good UU

A"I" 's

Monty
Catherine
Ragnar
GK
Alex
Toku
Shaka
AC
Napolean

Top Bottom