3D LH Leonidas I

The helmet should be slightly smaller and the texture could be more detailed. I also don't believe Spartans used mail. The cloak is a nice touch.

Isn't that only necessarily so if you're going for the whole 300 comic book image rather than an actual semi-historic portrayal? Really, this is Civ not an fluffy FPS.

Isn't that only necessarily so if you're going for the whole 300 comic book image rather than an actual semi-historic portrayal? Really, this is Civ not an fluffy FPS.

It is true that the Spartans didn't use mail, but they were very well known to fight naked. It was considered the hight of bravery and skill at the time. Later however this practice did die out and by the time of Alexander's conquests the Spartans used armor. But for Leonidas I a semi naked version is appropriate.:goodjob:

well, Civ likes to use pop culture stuff and ideals. so...

well, Civ likes to use pop culture stuff and ideals. so...

Agreed, but they are trying to put more historical accuracy in the game. ( probably why they added Pericles as a second Greek Leader:lol: ) They are just alittle slow about it, it took them 4 incarnations of Civ to remove Cleopatra after all!:lol: :p

Agreed, but they are trying to put more historical accuracy in the game. ( probably why they added Pericles as a second Greek Leader:lol: ) They are just alittle slow about it, it took them 4 incarnations of Civ to remove Cleopatra after all!:lol: :p

not four... in Civ1, Ramses was the leader. ;)

however, they still got tonsa work to do.samaurai weren't sword-weilding golden-armoured foot soldier (usually), knights weren't always in shining armour, and Catherine and Isabella weren't that hot. and not every great artist looks like Elvis.

:)

not four... in Civ1, Ramses was the leader. ;)

however, they still got tonsa work to do.samaurai weren't sword-weilding golden-armoured foot soldier (usually), knights weren't always in shining armour, and Catherine and Isabella weren't that hot. and not every great artist looks like Elvis.

:)

well my memory isn't that good!lol Last time I played civ I was like 12:lol:

I agree that they have along way to go, but just think if they did everything perfectly accurate, what the hell would we do as modders? :confused: :lol:

well my memory isn't that good!lol Last time I played civ I was like 12:lol:

I agree that they have along way to go, but just think if they did everything perfectly accurate, what the hell would we do as modders? :confused: :lol:

we would make it even more accurate and improve the crappy graphics because they'd have no time to focus on graphics. :D

I used Julius as the base, with Julius's animations.

The helmet is from the Phalanx (which is why the detail is somewhat lacking, smaller texture). This is honestly somethign that just happened, I was playing round and teaching myself different features, and just saved the progress.

People are free to edit it and make it "better" to the point past my abilities. It really doesnt matter to me.

I would like to however, make them "shirt-less" with he Red Cape, Grey Helmet with a Red top. pretty much what the movie showed.

Top Bottom