New City graphics

Amenhotep IV

Great Pharaoh
Here are the two (mideastern and asian so far) city styles. Hope you'll like it. If you do, I'll get down to work and modify the others.

I came to conclusion that too big megalopolis cities overlap too much, so that the city occupies part of the sea and I decided not to enlarge them. Next styles won't be bigger than they used to be originaly and I'll make some updates to asian style. :)

Newest graphics available herehttp://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=299304&t=8759#post299304

Here's the image:

Attachments

• rmideast.jpg
    rmideast.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 3,600
the asian cities:

Originally posted by thamis
I like'em! I think the trees are a good idea, but don't you think palm trees would be more appropriate in a mid-eastern city? More flavour, I think...
Put these trees into the European and American cities.

Yes ! I was thinking of palm trees to add to native-american cities... and I've already found some cool graphs. The rest styles will be done soon. I'll try to finish them till next sunday as I have some exams to pas...

I'm happy :) you like them. Go on with ideas - I can still change everything.

can you use Snoopy's terain and add your trees?
I likem a lot, but I also like Snoopy's cities too....

Originally posted by Stormbringer
can you use Snoopy's terain and add your trees?
I likem a lot, but I also like Snoopy's cities too....

Well, actually I've been thinking of it for a long time. And I've already added some trees to landscape. (this time not mine trees, but these from Snoopy's rivers). It looks great in the early game, but then the trees are covered by irrigation etc.
But I'm DEFINITELY gonna add my trees to graslands, plains, and palms to desert. The only problem is to change the 8bit palette which prevents from e.g. adding dark green color....:( but I'm gonna fix it soon.

Originally posted by thamis
Again, how about more regional trees?

Mediterranean: Cypresses
American & European: Pines & Oaks
Mid-Eastern: Palms
Oriental: "Larger Bonsais"

:)

Don't worry. I'm gonna remake all city styles soon and the regional trees will surely appear. But meditt cities already have cypresses (see the picture above)... ;)

Originally posted by Taé Shala
I like your graphics.

But may I request you to redo you large modern asia city? For me it looks some towers seem to fall...

Yes, of course. As I said I'm gonna redo all my graphics. I agree asian cities are a bit weird, but these were my first so forgive me.
There will be new thread with all city styles done by Sunday so please be patient.:)

Originally posted by Pawe³

Yes, of course. As I said I'm gonna redo all my graphics. I agree asian cities are a bit weird, but these were my first so forgive me.
There will be new thread with all city styles done by Sunday so please be patient.:)

Ok, we are going to hold you to this date! ;)

Oh, could someone please explain how the tnt.pcx works?

Since I am not on my Civ 3 computer and can't look at the tnt pcx, I would guess the question may involve what it does.

Top Bottom